Sign in to follow this  
Inquisitor66

Inquisitorial Forces Escalation Force Thread

Six (or five*) Plasma guns shooting from inside a Repressor, or Sisters upgraded to be better in close combat without any options to capitalize on that.

I know which unit I'd take.

*Why five?

Because that way you can have 5 Dominions drive a Repressor forward with their Vanguard 'scout' move with the rear of the tank 11.9" away from another tank the Acolytes start the game inside.

Turn 1 the Acolytes disembark from their tank 3", move 6", and because they end their move within 3" of the Repressor they can embark into it before driving off to get their lovely Plasma guns even closer to a suitable target.

Not so viable at 21 points each, but had they dropped to 15 then the high strength, -3 AP shooting is just what the Doctor (Dr. Inquisition-Storm-Trooper, that is) ordered.

Something I looked into for a 1000 point list coming up Feb 3rd at Mugu in Everett, but with 4 to 8 shots at 84 points, for 1 point more I can pull the disembark-and-re-embark shenanigans with Heavy Bolter Retributors instead.

They need to give them the same mix of weapon options that Black Templars Crusader Squads have: boltguns, bolt pistols and chainswords, or shotguns for the basic Sisters; power weapons as an option along with special-weapons for 1 in 5 Sisters; and the whole panoply of options for the Sister Superior.

Won’t turn them into crazy suicidal berserkers that would infringe on the Sisters Repentia niche or make them the elite single-target killers that Death Cult Assassins are... But would make them a very solid counter-assault asset and/or storm the trenches asset. Bolt pistol, chainsword, and power armor goes a long way.

6 minutes ago, Ish said:

They need to give them the same mix of weapon options that Black Templars Crusader Squads have: boltguns, bolt pistols and chainswords, or shotguns for the basic Sisters; power weapons as an option along with special-weapons for 1 in 5 Sisters; and the whole panoply of options for the Sister Superior.

Won’t turn them into crazy suicidal berserkers that would infringe on the Sisters Repentia niche or make them the elite single-target killers that Death Cult Assassins are... But would make them a very solid counter-assault asset and/or storm the trenches asset. Bolt pistol, chainsword, and power armor goes a long way.

I would actually like to see them take over the Crusader entry. Give them option for Chainsword, Power Maul, Power sword, etc and Storm Shield. Keep their bodyguard rule and extra attack.Make them an elite bodyguard, like, they're supposed to be. Give them heroic intervention as a unit or something. It'd be very cool.

That’d be great too. Certainly more in keeping with their fluff concept... If the Spess Mahreens get to have Honor Guard, then the Sororitas should too!

(Maybe combat shields, instead of storm shields?)

7 minutes ago, Ish said:

That’d be great too. Certainly more in keeping with their fluff concept... If the Spess Mahreens get to have Honor Guard, then the Sororitas should too!

(Maybe combat shields, instead of storm shields?)

Base Gear: BP, Combat Shield, Chainsword or Bayonetted Bolter and BP.

Upgrades: SS, Power Maul, Power Lance, Power Sword, etc.

Game 3:

Deathwatch + Ordo Malleus Vs. Tyranids

Victory for the Deathwatch, though it was a very bloody battle. 3 of the 4 objectives exploded.  At the end 2 marines, a blackstar with 3 wounds, 3 acolytes and the inquisitor were left.  On the Tyranid side was 8-ish gaunts a zoanthrope and a (not sure what its called) HQ Zoanthrope.

26 minutes ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Game 3:

Deathwatch + Ordo Malleus Vs. Tyranids

Victory for the Deathwatch, though it was a very bloody battle. 3 of the 4 objectives exploded.  At the end 2 marines, a blackstar with 3 wounds, 3 acolytes and the inquisitor were left.  On the Tyranid side was 8-ish gaunts a zoanthrope and a (not sure what its called) HQ Zoanthrope.

Neurothrope? Got the reroll to 1's for smite? Considered one of the best HQ's for Nids

Week 4 complete, I got 2 games in

My list was the same as before but traded out the Inquisitor et al for a 5 man squad of Paladins

Game 1 vs. Apathy Ales Blood Angels

The dice gods were not with the blood angels, they failed a 9 inch charge on 3d6(take all) with a re-roll leaving an expensive squad vulnerable to massive shooting.

The massive squad wrecked face and 1 shotted my redemptor dread(a common theme for the day), but could not make the consolidation and were left open to my massive amounts of shooting, victory for the inquisition.

Game 2 vs Dark Trainer's Orcs

Orcs seized the initiative and in a 1-2 punch that almost totally won them the game managed to turn 2 oneshot the redemptor and most of the intercessor squad, thanks to Pax for pointing out some rules I was overlooking.

The Corvo Blackstar gets a gold star for this game as it managed to snipe the Orc warboss by flying next to him and shooting all its anti tank weapons into his face, the orcs had nothing that could touch it.  The paladins managed to hold their own against a seemingly endless supply of boyz, but they would not have survived much longer, game went to the Orcs.

Week 5: 1250 pts

I traded out a few paladins for a Paladin Ancient, an Apothecary and Castellan Crowe.   THis battle was vs. the blood angels.  Despite getting a first turn charge 1 of the paladins managed to live, things quickly began to unravel for the blood angels after that due to a plethora of smites and some shockingly durable terminators.

Props to Apathy Ales for taking out my warlord, and for having terrible luck with my last turns maelstrom objective draw.

Win for the Ordo Militant

Inquisitor66 vs. Apathy

Win: Inquisitor66

Inquisition MVP: the Paladin Paragon for not dying when it counted most and leading the counterattack

On 2/11/2019 at 11:12 PM, paxmiles said:

So if you beat Apathy, are you happy or sad?

I guess it would mean either one?...Since its the imperium lets go with RIGHTEOUS FURY.

Week 6 vs. Armageddon Imperial Guard:

Both armies were built expecting melee focused horde armies..neither was expecting shooty heavily armored and durable...this made it a very fun game.

Despite killing vast swaths of guardsmen every turn more and more of them kept showing up.

Honorable Mention to a nameless guardsmen HERO that managed to slay a Grey Knight Paladin Paragon in terminator armor with his bayonet.

Dishonorable mention goes to the Grey Knight Apothecary who teleported in turn 2, cast a spell and peril'd for 3 damage to himself, then next turn failed to heal himself and lost his turn and then the following turn peril'd of the warp AGAIN killing himself....his name will NOT be recorded in the halls of Titan...his gene seed must have been bugged and will not be recovered.

The guardsmen artillary proved to be highly effective at killing my dudes, with their high rate of fireand good AP.

End result was victory for the Inquisition with the game ending on turn 5.  Good game overall.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:36 PM, pretre said:

Base Gear: BP, Combat Shield, Chainsword or Bayonetted Bolter and BP.

Upgrades: SS, Power Maul, Power Lance, Power Sword, etc.

I always thought a special bolter+eviscerator-lite as their main weapon would be cool.

Like 18" S4 Assault 2

S = user+2 AP-1