The Indomitus Bastards (Blood Angels Escalation Thread)

apathy ales

(Smash)Captain Raine, initially duped by inaccurate readings from the (snow)warp storm, is quickly assembling the Indomitus Bastards to continue the charge forward. More ork scalps shall be claimed!

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Blood Angels) [89 PL, -1CP, 1248pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot [-1CP] +

Armoury of Baal [-1CP]: 1 additional Relic of Baal [-1CP]

+ HQ [14 PL, 284pts] +

Captain [6 PL, 124pts]: 5. Gift of Foresight, Jump Pack [1 PL, 19pts], Storm shield [10pts], The Angel's Wing (replaces jump pack), Thunder hammer [21pts], Warlord

Chief Librarian Mephiston [8 PL, 160pts]: 1. Quickening, 2. Unleash Rage, 6. Wings of Sanguinus

+ Troops [12 PL, 190pts] +

Scout Squad [4 PL, 80pts]
. Scout [16pts]: Camo cloak [3pts], Sniper rifle [2pts]
. Scout Sergeant [16pts]: Bolt pistol, Camo cloak [3pts], Sniper rifle [2pts]

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout [11pts]: Combat knife
. Scout Sergeant [11pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout [11pts]: Astartes shotgun
. Scout Sergeant [11pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Elites [43 PL, 504pts] +

Company Ancient [5 PL, 72pts]: Boltgun, Jump Pack [1 PL, 9pts], Standard of Sacrifice

Death Company [18 PL, 222pts]: Jump Pack [2 PL, 30pts]
. Death Company Marine [18pts]: Chainsword, Hand flamer [1pts]
. Death Company Marine [24pts]: Chainsword, Inferno pistol [7pts]
. Death Company Marine [24pts]: Chainsword, Inferno pistol [7pts]

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 210pts]: Death mask [12pts]
. Sanguinary Guard [35pts]: Angelus boltgun [3pts], Encarmine sword [12pts]
. Sanguinary Guard [35pts]: Angelus boltgun [3pts], Encarmine sword [12pts]
. Sanguinary Guard [32pts]: Angelus boltgun [3pts], Power fist [9pts]

+ Fast Attack [20 PL, 270pts] +

Inceptor Squad [20 PL, 270pts]: 5x Inceptor [125pts], Inceptor Sergeant [25pts]
. Two assault bolters [120pts]: 2x Assault bolter [120pts]

++ Total: [89 PL, -1CP, 1248pts] ++

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I like the list. Only thing missing is an indirect fire option. A whirlwind, or something of that nature. Really helps if the opponent can't hide behind things.

Thanks. 

So my thought (hope) is that what I'm lacking in indirect fire I make up for with mobility. Almost everything has a jump pack and when I get to 2,000 I have stuff deep striking and moving with strategums nearly any where on the board. Goal is that there will be nobwhere to hide...?...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

Thanks. 

So my thought (hope) is that what I'm lacking in indirect fire I make up for with mobility. Almost everything has a jump pack and when I get to 2,000 I have stuff deep striking and moving with strategums nearly any where on the board. Goal is that there will be nobwhere to hide...?...

Who hides.... WAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH

55 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

Thanks. 

I can't exactly explain what particular opponent you'd need the Whirlwind (or similar) unit for, it's just one of those things that rather dramatically helps the army and seems to have psychological impact on the opponent, but it doesn't do so in any obvious way.

And not just whirlwinds, any weapon that doesn't need line of sight seems to have this effect. Especially if it has long range.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

I can't exactly explain what particular opponent you'd need the Whirlwind (or similar) unit for, it's just one of those things that rather dramatically helps the army and seems to have psychological impact on the opponent, but it doesn't do so in any obvious way.

And not just whirlwinds, any weapon that doesn't need line of sight seems to have this effect. Especially if it has long range.

It's about something hitting your units you can't readily deal with. I don't use the ork one even though it's S5 because it's jury too expensive for a single D6 (30pts is a lot for an Ork player) 

3 hours ago, apathy ales said:

Not that I have one, or intend to bring one anytime soon, but you should know, FW has a unit which flatly denys any Deep Striking with 12" of it. Doesn't shoot or destroy the DS unit, you just can't set them up within 12" of it. That would be the Land Raider Proteus (with explorator augury web). It's about 300pts and occupies a heavy slot. This guy: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Land-Raider-Proteus

Given how much it would impact your army, worth knowing in advance that such things exist in the game.

PS: The chaos version does minor damage to units arriving within 12", but doesn't stop them from doing so.

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Not that I have one, or intend to bring one anytime soon, but you should know, FW has a unit which flatly denys any Deep Striking with 12" of it. Doesn't shoot or destroy the DS unit, you just can't set them up within 12" of it. That would be the Land Raider Proteus (with explorator augury web). It's about 300pts and occupies a heavy slot. This guy: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Land-Raider-Proteus

Given how much it would impact your army, worth knowing in advance that such things exist in the game.

PS: The chaos version does minor damage to units arriving within 12", but doesn't stop them from doing so.

The Genestealer Cult Clamavus does the same thing, and in some builds, is worth taking multiples of.

8 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

I actually don't deep strike much, but definately worth knowing and keeping an eye on. Thanks!

That stratagem where you put your unit *into the skies* and then put them back on the table within 9", that's deep striking.