Space Marines new Beta Rule

Lyraeus

2 minutes ago, Ish said:

Well, Astartes helmets do have thermal- and low-light optics... Or the crew could, y’know, reach out and move the netting.

But most respectable marines don't actually wear their helmets...

2 hours ago, Ish said:

So glad I assembled ten of my first twenty Intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles...

34F78F6A-EEC6-4626-A5A3-2F9AF230D137.gif

Especially since there isn't actually a need to do them permanently. The bit that differentiates them will pressure fit (especially if your prime them separately), so they can be completely swappable if you want.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Especially since there isn't actually a need to do them permanently. The bit that differentiates them will pressure fit (especially if your prime them separately), so they can be completely swappable if you want.

I need more tea. 😡 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, apathy ales said:

So am I correct that this will also apply to Custodes Vertus Preators? 

I've been debating doing a Outrider Detachment of them to go with some Blood Angels stuff and if I'm reading this right it may be what pushess me over the edge!

No. They are not Adeptus Astartes 

14 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

Glad to find other people who like the rule. Most of the people I've talked to are salty that there's no AP, that it's not really a buff to Chaos Marines, that all Bolters didn't get this rule. Personally I like the rule; I find it fluffy and possibly pretty effective (not in a position to play my Marines, currently).

It has long been true (though slowly changing) that GW could give out free puppies and cash prizes with every customer interaction and some folks would complain that they're not kittens and that the cash is taxable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

Glad to find other people who like the rule. Most of the people I've talked to are salty that there's no AP, that it's not really a buff to Chaos Marines, that all Bolters didn't get this rule. Personally I like the rule; I find it fluffy and possibly pretty effective (not in a position to play my Marines, currently).

I like it as well. I am an Ork player and I don't mind. Bring me Marines! I want a good Krumpin. Gonna doff me some Zoggin gitz

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StygianArcanum said:

It does apply to Hereticus Astartes (aka Chaos Marines). And it can be combined with many of the CSM stratagems (including the shoot twice one for Slaanesh).

And it's a pretty substancial boost to the Rubrik Inferno Boltguns (which are AP-2 boltguns). 

Now, if they’d just give the Stalker Bolt Rifle some love... 36” Heavy 1 S4/AP-2/D1 just doesn’t quite have the “bite” that it feels like it should.

Giving it the character targeting and Mortal Wound on a 6 rules of the Scout’s sniper rifle would probably be excessive and infringe on the Scout’s niche. Likewise, any change to its rate of fire would just feel off... It is supposed to be a precision marksmanship weapon. 

Maybe up it’s Damage value to 2? Won’t make a difference for the vast majority of infantry, but it will make it more of a threat to TEQ, Primaris-equivalents, light vehicles, and even make enemy Characters have to think about their maneuvering more closely.

Give Auto Bolt Rifles the same AP-1 as Bolt Rifles, but keep Bolt Carbines as they are. 

Then all three Intercessor weapons all become equally attractive choices, although still specialized for a task.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ish said:

Inferno Boltguns are 24” Rapid Fire 1 S4/AP-2/D1 weapons, which is pretty nasty for other MEQ armies... Most GEQ won’t really see an significant difference. 

Rubric Marines are something like 18 points each, so they deserve a nice gun.

And you can combine the Rubrik Marines with the Iron Warriors Legion Trait to gain the above that also denies cover....

25 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

And you can combine the Rubrik Marines with the Iron Warriors Legion Trait to gain the above that also denies cover....

No you can’t. Rubric Marines have the faction keywords ‘Chaos, Tzeentch, Heretic Astartes, Thousand Sons.’ They do not have the < Legion > keyword.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ish said:

No you can’t. Rubric Marines have the faction keywords ‘Chaos, Tzeentch, Heretic Astartes, Thousand Sons.’ They do not have the < Legion > keyword.

You are thinking of the Troops version in Codex: Thousand Sons.

In Codex Chaos Space Marines, they are Elites and have the faction keywords ‘Chaos, Tzeentch, Heretic Astartes, <Legion>.’