Infinity Campaign

Raindog

When:  Feb 3rd to Feb 24 during game night on Sundays

Cost: Game Night Dues

Prize: Bragging Rights!

Rules: Make a single 400 points list. Make sure you take doctors and engineers.

This list is going to last you for the month.

What if my models die in battle?

1. They can be healed by a WIP +3 roll for a doctor or a standard WIP roll for a Paramedic.

2. Models with two wounds that are healed from dead return to one wound. 

3. The doctor plus rule is not added. 

4. If a two wound model has single wound, after the battle, the wound remains unless a the model is healed by a doctor or paramedic. 

5 If the model has a cube, Command tokens left over from the game can be used to re-roll failures. 

Models with Structure can be repaired by an Engineer at WIP+3. A Tech Bee adds a +1. 

1. Command tokens left over from the game can be used to re-roll failures.

Spec Ops:

Each player will start with a two point spec op.

If they lose the game and the Spec Op lives, the next week they will have a four point spec op.

If the spec op dies and they lose, the next week they will start over with a three point spec op.

If they win, and the spec op lives, the spec op increases in points each week by one point.

If the win, but the spec op dies, the spec op starts over with 2 points.

Gaining Supply Rooms and Engineering areas will bolster supplies and the ability to make repairs or heal.

Items found in panoplies or items looted or scavenged  will transfer from game to game as long as the model stays alive.

Models with Booty or Meta-Chemistry will keep their same skills the entire campaign.

As weeks go along, there will be a fifth column faction acting against both players in a game, so be prepared.

This is meant to be fun. I hope to see you there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We are going to play smaller forces with an army roster feel. The last battle will be the remnants.  The list is make things feel like an actual force. There is only one Joan, is she dies she is gone. If you have 4 mutts and they all die in the first game, and aren’t healed between games, there is no more mutts for that force for the rest of the campaign.  

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Also, perhaps there should be some mechanism for a strategic withdrawal? It'd be awfully unfortunate if someone was getting trashed by poor dice and was forced to carry the destruction of their own force to term...

No way! I look forward to going into my last game with four, third string troops. 

• Haha 2

You have a single 400 points list. It has the same  SWC and Availability as a 400 point list. Will you use all those models in one game? No. Have a few LT options, doctor, and engineers.

SWC can be picked up in panoplies and supply boxes (As in finding better guns).

Remotes (basic) can be found or made from parts.

Just for the sake of having it down.

I believe you said that for lieutenant, it just has to be another identical profile just lacking lieutenant to make it your lieutenant.

In other words, since we have to make a legal 400 point list, we can't have multiple lieutenant profiles in the list. But if we have X number of extra plain combi-rifle line infantry that are otherwise functionally identical to a lieutenant profile, they can just be promoted to lieutenant, yes? But if it was a line infantry that, say, has an HMG, it can't just normally be the lieutenant because the line infantry doesn't have a lieutenant option with HMG?

How does chain of command work with this, if at all?

Does Haqq get +3 for doctor plus and then +3 for being after the mission?

Also that's funny Sgt. Rock. Expecting Haqq to ever fail a doctor roll to bring back those mutts. Especially at +3?

On 1/23/2019 at 9:27 AM, dataentity said:

Just for the sake of having it down.

I believe you said that for lieutenant, it just has to be another identical profile just lacking lieutenant to make it your lieutenant.

In other words, since we have to make a legal 400 point list, we can't have multiple lieutenant profiles in the list. But if we have X number of extra plain combi-rifle line infantry that are otherwise functionally identical to a lieutenant profile, they can just be promoted to lieutenant, yes? But if it was a line infantry that, say, has an HMG, it can't just normally be the lieutenant because the line infantry doesn't have a lieutenant option with HMG?

How does chain of command work with this, if at all?

I'm curious about this, too. Also, what if I have, say, one Wildcat Lt. and a bunch of non-Lt. Alguaciles. If the Wildcat Lt. goes down, can it revert to one of the Alguaciles, or am I SOL for lieutenants at that point? It's an important question, because in this example, the Alguacile Lt. option costs SWC, so I'm disinclined to take it, but anything else is at least twice the cost in points. For that matter, if I promote a non-Lt. Alguacile to lieutenant, does he suddenly cost more SWC?

• Like 1

So you mentioned tonight that I should go "SWC light" in my list building; does that mean that any weaponry/loot we gain is going to cost us SWC? If so, how do we calculate that? The same weapon can have a different SWC cost depending on the troop carrying it; an AP HMG in the hands of a Line Kazak is only 1 SWC, but for a Vet Kazak, it's 2.

Update rules:

When:  Feb 3rd to Feb 24 during game night on Sundays

Cost: Game Night Dues

Prize: Bragging Rights!

Rules: Make a single 400 points list. Make sure you take doctors and engineers.

This list is going to last you for the month.

What if my models die in battle?

1. They can be healed by a WIP +3 roll for a doctor or a standard WIP roll for a Paramedic.

2. Models with two wounds that are healed from dead return to one wound. 

3. The doctor plus rule is not added. 

4. If a two wound model has single wound, after the battle, the wound remains unless a the model is healed by a doctor or paramedic. 

5 If the model has a cube, Command tokens left over from the game can be used to re-roll failures. 

Models with Structure can be repaired by an Engineer at WIP+3. A Tech Bee adds a +1. 

1. Command tokens left over from the game can be used to re-roll failures.

Spec Ops:

Each player will start with a two point spec op.

If they lose the game and the Spec Op lives, the next week they will have a four point spec op.

If the spec op dies and they lose, the next week they will start over with a three point spec op.

If they win, and the spec op lives, the spec op increases in points each week by one point.

If the win, but the spec op dies, the spec op starts over with 2 points.

Gaining Supply Rooms and Engineering areas will bolster supplies and the ability to make repairs or heal.

Items found in panoplies or items looted or scavenged  will transfer from game to game as long as the model stays alive.

Models with Booty or Meta-Chemistry will keep their same skills the entire campaign.