LVO TIME!

Lord Hanaur

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Bikers don't get benefits from the grots and neither do Mek Gunz.

The first is expensive the latter dies easily to most meta options thus giving up ITC points for kill and kill more. 

Lootas are not broken but are gate keeper units. They can do good but take A LOT of CP to work, as stated 1-5 CP a turn in a faction thst may get one CP back a turn IF they do some shenanigans like I do. 

What makes lootas the better choice is two things:

1) consistency in damage. Being 2 damage in shooting is HUGE as a few saves can drop vehicles down a ton. 

2) stratagem support. Shooting twice, shields and always a 5+ to hit and proc dakka is vital but expensive and limited. 

Lootas otherwise die so easily especially if you catch them with out shields near

I didnt say it worked on them.  I just said they arent the only firebase.

29 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

I didnt say it worked on them.  I just said they arent the only firebase.

Everything else is too expensive or too easy to kill. 

Too many things detract from anything not loota. It's possible but not optimal. 

Lootas are still not perfect but that's great. Orks shouldn't have perfect 

51 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Well, ill take lootaz for darn sure.

I am actually testing a idea of taking Triple Shokk Attack Gun Big Mek's instead of lootas. One specifically being the Warlord with the Da Shiny Gubbinz Shokk Attack Gun and Big Killa Boss. Make that a Supreme Command Detachment that is a Dredd Waaagh so they can get a shoot twice strat... Then bring a small 15 man unit of lootas to distract

23 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I am actually testing a idea of taking Triple Shokk Attack Gun Big Mek's instead of lootas. One specifically being the Warlord with the Da Shiny Gubbinz Shokk Attack Gun and Big Killa Boss. Make that a Supreme Command Detachment that is a Dredd Waaagh so they can get a shoot twice strat... Then bring a small 15 man unit of lootas to distract

15 isnt small!  Hehe.  Thats what i am taking.  But I also am taking Traktor Kannons. Im trying them because there are units w absurd to-hit penalties.  Absurd.  I fought an eldar autarch that made itself -3 to hit.  Couldnt touch him w my Tau.  He was just a wreckin ball.  Until Altaioc go away, I want ways to zap them.  being unable to stop a lone Autarch was so dumb.  Needing 7's to hit. Lame.  Orks would hit on better but auto hitting would make me a lot happier

5 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

15 isnt small!  Hehe.  Thats what i am taking.  But I also am taking Traktor Kannons. Im trying them because there are units w absurd to-hit penalties.  Absurd.  I fought an eldar autarch that made itself -3 to hit.  Couldnt touch him w my Tau.  He was just a wreckin ball.  Until Altaioc go away, I want ways to zap them.  being unable to stop a lone Autarch was so dumb.  Needing 7's to hit. Lame.  Orks would hit on better but auto hitting would make me a lot happier

Eh you always hit on sixes and always have more dakka. Just don't shoot wave serpents. Never worth it 

LVO sent me a letter saying my list was "done wrong".  Then, even though I didn't change it at all, I got an email saying it was done right, within like 8 hours. 

By the time I saw the first email the second email was already to me.  How bizarre is that?  Did that happen to anyone else?  I just followed their little video and did the battlescribe option.  

Somehow I knew they would have issues with this many lists and this format.  Hopefully its resolved but i think I'll bring that letter along with me just in case...

1 hour ago, Ish said:

Obviously your list is a filthy pile of cheating, but then the bribery check cleared. 😁

Makes sense.  Because Frankie said in his message that my list was over by 258 points...which is strange since that is EXACTLY the number of points my 3rd Detachment was.  That leads me to thing they didn't look very closely at first.  Hehehe.  Also means, if i had to guess, that the program read the line that says 2K and perhaps then read the 258 separately.  At least that's the only programming error I can think of that would make him say that (but since its a cut and paste from Battlescribe, that would also seem odd). 

The most likely scenario is that it's just human error and they pulled some lists just to make sure, and Frankie was so tired of looking at lists that he misread it.

Either way the whole thing was resolved before i ever became aware of any of this, so i didn't have to do a thing!  hooray.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Mordian forges are working around the clock for the next week or so...gotta stay on target....stay on target...

873F0873-DF08-47B3-BCCE-2BC43AE93572.jpeg

DD980262-3CE6-4190-9983-0712B97D0B42.jpeg

Looks pretty darn cool.  Mine will of course not look as cool.  I am not an expert painter.  All I can assure anyone is that the models will be technically legal and show that effort, not expertise, was applied.  😃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Makes sense.  Because Frankie said in his message that my list was over by 258 points...which is strange since that is EXACTLY the number of points my 3rd Detachment was.  That leads me to thing they didn't look very closely at first.  Hehehe.  Also means, if i had to guess, that the program read the line that says 2K and perhaps then read the 258 separately.  At least that's the only programming error I can think of that would make him say that (but since its a cut and paste from Battlescribe, that would also seem odd). 

The most likely scenario is that it's just human error and they pulled some lists just to make sure, and Frankie was so tired of looking at lists that he misread it.

Either way the whole thing was resolved before i ever became aware of any of this, so i didn't have to do a thing!  hooray.

They may be doing it by program... Or by people. I know Chapter Tactics Falcon has been going through the lists. 

4 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Chapter Tactics is a podcast and Falcon is one of the often on hosts who speak a lot stats in 40k

Podcasts.  Honestly most of them are bad.  But out of curiosity, where ARE the stats on LVO lists?  They went to such trouble to be able to gather them that I am somewhat interested in looking at them.  How does one access that?

23 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Podcasts.  Honestly most of them are bad.  But out of curiosity, where ARE the stats on LVO lists?  They went to such trouble to be able to gather them that I am somewhat interested in looking at them.  How does one access that?

Huh, OK then. I personally enjoy BIFPOD and Best General