LVO TIME!

Lord Hanaur

2 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Depends. Ynarri are notoriously difficult to pick secondaries from and they make up a good portion of the field this year I hear. 

It all depends on what you face

Ynnari doesn't feel like a safe choice with the amount of lootas running around. 

And ynnari feels like a auto lose for tau. Hope you dodge em while the orks eat em.

8 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Ynnari doesn't feel like a safe choice with the amount of lootas running around. 

And ynnari feels like a auto lose for tau. Hope you dodge em while the orks eat em.

I don't know about auto lose. Shining spears kill the troops rather easily and if you can wipe masses of Drones off the table they don't have much to survive the Dark Reapers. 

Lootas still need Los and a good roll to bypass the buffs the ynarri get. 

Dont ever shoot with lootas at a wave serpent... I have done the math... It's NEVER WORTH IT!!! 

6 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I don't know about auto lose. Shining spears kill the troops rather easily and if you can wipe masses of Drones off the table they don't have much to survive the Dark Reapers. 

Lootas still need Los and a good roll to bypass the buffs the ynarri get. 

Dont ever shoot with lootas at a wave serpent... I have done the math... It's NEVER WORTH IT!!! 

I mean tau have no chance against Ynnari/Alaitoc. To many negatives to hit for a bs4 army. No staying power against tanky/shooty/choppy units like shining spears. Reapers destroy riptides especially with fire and fade. And the army can clear drones quickly.

On the other hand orks dont care about the negatives to hit. Especially the lootas. With sheer weight of dice they will kill the spears. And with Da Jump they can reposition easily. Plus eldar just dont have the shots to deal with that many wounds.

I do think GSC will be a great counter to loota orks because they can shut down the opening turn of loota shooting and clear grots turn one.

13 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

I mean tau have no chance against Ynnari/Alaitoc. To many negatives to hit for a bs4 army. No staying power against tanky/shooty/choppy units like shining spears. Reapers destroy riptides especially with fire and fade. And the army can clear drones quickly.

On the other hand orks dont care about the negatives to hit. Especially the lootas. With sheer weight of dice they will kill the spears. And with Da Jump they can reposition easily. Plus eldar just dont have the shots to deal with that many wounds.

I do think GSC will be a great counter to loota orks because they can shut down the opening turn of loota shooting and clear grots turn one.

Agreed about Tau. 

The issue is you have to spend SO MUCH firepower to kill what Ynarri have. Sure we ignore much of their negatives but even a more dakka 25 squad of loota getting 75 shots should only deal about 20 wounds which is great but a good ynarri player won't give that to you easily 

34 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Agreed about Tau. 

The issue is you have to spend SO MUCH firepower to kill what Ynarri have. Sure we ignore much of their negatives but even a more dakka 25 squad of loota getting 75 shots should only deal about 20 wounds which is great but a good ynarri player won't give that to you easily 

Except they dont  have a choice? 48" range and da jump means that 400 point loota blob kills the 350 point shining spear blob, that if left unchecked, will destroy you. And 20 wounds is enough to kill them by 2 wounds. 

To be fair most people have been using 2x9 shining spears though. But still, they have to deal with a extremely "mobile" army that hits hard and doesn't care about the eldar shenanigans.

2 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Except they dont  have a choice? 48" range and da jump means that 400 point loota blob kills the 350 point shining spear blob, that if left unchecked, will destroy you. And 20 wounds is enough to kill them by 2 wounds. 

To be fair most people have been using 2x9 shining spears though. But still, they have to deal with a extremely "mobile" army that hits hard and doesn't care about the eldar shenanigans.

Yes and then you lose that unit. It seems strong and it is. It will definitely keep mid table players at mid table but smart players will have plans. 

Killing isn't the only thing to do. It is important but making such a move can easily cost you 2 Marked for Death Points and a Reaper on its own while maybe giving you 1-2 marked for death points

2 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Yes and then you lose that unit. It seems strong and it is. It will definitely keep mid table players at mid table but smart players will have plans. 

Killing isn't the only thing to do. It is important but making such a move can easily cost you 2 Marked for Death Points and a Reaper on its own while maybe giving you 1-2 marked for death points

If it's a wash on points how would you feel about a list that lost its loota squad against a ynnari list that lost its spears. I would feel very comfortable. If that was your way to deal with spears one would MFD them as well. And MFD spears player may play a touch more conservative with them allowing for other units to be targeted. I would imagine you would deepstrike boyz next to the reapers if possible as well.

7 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

If it's a wash on points how would you feel about a list that lost its loota squad against a ynnari list that lost its spears. I would feel very comfortable. If that was your way to deal with spears one would MFD them as well. And MFD spears player may play a touch more conservative with them allowing for other units to be targeted. I would imagine you would deepstrike boyz next to the reapers if possible as well.

Depends. Is is Colin Sherman with Dual Spears and a Wraith Blade Host? Or is it someone who made that mistake. 

You are talking a queen for queen trade and I don't mind making those. It just has to be worth it and maybe spears are not. Depends

15 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

I have defeated Ynnari with the T'au Empire, recently.  Would have tabled him but he intentionally...very intentionally...slow played me.  

I have also lost to Ynnari, just a couple days ago.  It's gone both ways.  In that game I simply forgot to deploy a unit and also didn't roll very well.  It was also quarters deployment which was very much to his advantage.  It wasn't my best effort.

I don't have a Riptide/Stormsurge in my list so his choppy stuff will typically have a poor selection of targets.  My T'au Empire list is rather atypical that way.  There's no one unit, like Dark Reapers, that I have whose death will give him victory.

The Dark Reapers firing twice is THE issue.  It's absurdly powerful.  The best strategy is to shoot at them and force him to use the Stratagem for them to make the Altaioc Reapers -2 to hit (plus getting cover helps them).  Once he pops that Stratagem, then you change targets and snipe the characters, especially the one that gives word of the Phoenix or Maugan-Ra is also good if he took him..  3's, re-rolling 1's on the character isn't bad (hitting on 4's if its Maugan'Ra).  

To help with that, the Ghostkeel will need to deploy carefully and then advance to to get the shot in.  If that fails,  the Sniper Drones can try.  I think the order I do things in is going to be QUITE critical, and specifically when I deploy the Ghostkeel will be.  It's a tightwire act but it's the one I need to employ.  Sucker him into using the stratagem on one, popping the other if we can.  He can't save both.  Stingwings can help after that depending on the board etc...  But I do have at least the capacity to stop those things from being more ridiculous than they already are.  Use a CP and the Puretide to get a couple re-rolls if I need them.

20 hours ago, Kelharis said:

@Lord Hanaur If you dont mind would you post, or send to me your LVO list? I'd love to look it over.

Given the recent events in which very highly ranked players chose to voluntarily accept Yellow Cards in order to see their competitions lists before they decided on theirs...  I think it would be in poor taste not to reveal mine to anyone who asked. 

Some of my GT results were never submitted successfully, but even if they were, I'd be 288/10,000 players (if time stopped now).   So I am sure they aren't digging to 288th place for answers.  😃

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (T'au Empire) [89 PL, 15CP, 1502pts] ++

T'au Empire Sept Choice: T'au Sept

Aun'Va [5 PL, 95pts]: 2. Through Unity, Devastation, Aun'Va [85pts], Ethereal Guard [5pts], Ethereal Guard [5pts], Warlord

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight [3pts]

Darkstrider [3 PL, 45pts]

Kroot Carnivores [5 PL, 55pts]: 11x Kroot [55pts]

Kroot Carnivores [3 PL, 50pts]: 10x Kroot [50pts]

Strike Team [5 PL, 84pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui [7pts]: Pulse rifle
. 11x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [77pts]

Strike Team [5 PL, 77pts]
. 10x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [70pts]

Strike Team [2 PL, 35pts]
. 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle [28pts]

Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Pulse pistol [1pts]

Firesight Marksman [1 PL, 25pts]: Markerlight [3pts], Pulse pistol [1pts]

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 176pts]: 2x Fusion blaster [36pts], Fusion collider [30pts], 2x MV5 Stealth Drone [20pts], Shield generator [8pts], Target lock [12pts]

Pathfinder Team [5 PL, 107pts]
. 6x Pathfinder [48pts]: 6x Markerlight [18pts]
. Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts]
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle [51pts]: 3x Rail rifle [36pts]

Pathfinder Team [5 PL, 107pts]
. 6x Pathfinder [48pts]: 6x Markerlight [18pts]
. Pathfinder Shas'ui [8pts]: Markerlight [3pts]
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle [51pts]: 3x Rail rifle [36pts]

Tactical Drones [4 PL, 60pts]: 6x MV7 Marker Drone [60pts]

Vespid Stingwings [8 PL, 140pts]: 9x Vespid Stingwing [126pts], Vespid Strain Leader [14pts]

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [7 PL, 105pts]
. Broadside Shas'ui [7 PL, 105pts]: 2x Smart missile system [30pts], Drone controller [5pts], Heavy rail rifle [35pts]

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [7 PL, 102pts]
. Broadside Shas'ui [7 PL, 102pts]: 2x Smart missile system [30pts], Heavy rail rifle [35pts], Velocity tracker [2pts]

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [7 PL, 102pts]
. Broadside Shas'ui [7 PL, 102pts]: 2x Smart missile system [30pts], Heavy rail rifle [35pts], Velocity tracker [2pts]

++ Fortification Network (T'au Empire) [12 PL, 240pts] ++

T'au Empire Sept Choice: T'au Sept

Tidewall Gunrig [6 PL, 120pts]: Supremacy railgun [50pts]

Tidewall Gunrig [6 PL, 120pts]: Supremacy railgun [50pts]

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [14 PL, 1CP, 258pts] ++

T'au Empire Sept Choice: Sa'cea Sept

Cadre Fireblade [2 PL, 42pts]: Markerlight [3pts]

MV71 Sniper Drones [6 PL, 108pts]: 6x MV71 Sniper Drone [108pts]

MV71 Sniper Drones [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x MV71 Sniper Drone [54pts]

MV71 Sniper Drones [3 PL, 54pts]: 3x MV71 Sniper Drone [54pts]

++ Total: [115 PL, 16CP, 2000pts] ++

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Anyone going to LVO and plays against one Benjamin Jurek. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GORK AND POSSIBLY MORK MAKE A POST ABOUT IT!!! 

His list is amazing.... 

I fought a similar list recently.  My Sisters killed the jets but good, but it definitely bought him time.  Ended up running out of time because: Orks.  Time clocks = necessary gainst them.

1 hour ago, Lord Hanaur said:

I fought a similar list recently.  My Sisters killed the jets but good, but it definitely bought him time.  Ended up running out of time because: Orks.  Time clocks = necessary gainst them.

That list shouldn't really be that slow. With only 52 infantry that list really shouldn't run to time... I am 3d printing movement trays for my horde o' orks. 

This list is rather elegant. Planes will die in blazes of glory but they are there to move Block, trigger Freebootaz ability. It seems like a hilarious amount of fun plus pirate Morka AND Gorkanauts

8 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

That list shouldn't really be that slow. With only 52 infantry that list really shouldn't run to time... I am 3d printing movement trays for my horde o' orks. 

This list is rather elegant. Planes will die in blazes of glory but they are there to move Block, trigger Freebootaz ability. It seems like a hilarious amount of fun plus pirate Morka AND Gorkanauts

To be fair he was trying it for the first time so perhaps he was slower than he would otherwise be.

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

It's just hard to think an army with less models than many knight soup armies was slower. 

...and yet...

I can't make people decide faster.  Not without a clock.

Speaking of bodies everywhere, Nick Nanavati has a pretty big model count.  Checked out his orks.  they are exceedingly basic.  Bike guy to keep up with orks and snag objectives, a little ork termie squad to do the same.  Lot of ork hordes, plus one small one to mob up.  Perfunctory 22 Lootaz, becasue: Lootaz.  Gretchen shield to protect them.  me wierdboyz etc...  to buff them.

Its so weird.  the list i have basically used since the Index dropped is his.  Only difference between them is I used a few less lootaz (15 instead of 22), and i obviously didn't use my Gretchen as shields (but still had them) sicne that wasn't a thing yet.  Even included meganobz by golly.  He's copying me!  Lol.

So basic.  So good.

49 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

...and yet...

I can't make people decide faster.  Not without a clock.

Speaking of bodies everywhere, Nick Nanavati has a pretty big model count.  Checked out his orks.  they are exceedingly basic.  Bike guy to keep up with orks and snag objectives, a little ork termie squad to do the same.  Lot of ork hordes, plus one small one to mob up.  Perfunctory 22 Lootaz, becasue: Lootaz.  Gretchen shield to protect them.  me wierdboyz etc...  to buff them.

Its so weird.  the list i have basically used since the Index dropped is his.  Only difference between them is I used a few less lootaz (15 instead of 22), and i obviously didn't use my Gretchen as shields (but still had them) sicne that wasn't a thing yet.  Even included meganobz by golly.  He's copying me!  Lol.

So basic.  So good.

You also have to recognize his level and style of play, his various experiences in different match ups etc

40 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

Trevor Booth repping Inquisition! Very exciting 

Cool.  i was going to, but my despair just grew and grew as i played the Sisters of Battle more and more.  Maybe I shoulda' just gone to do it for the lols but people talked me out of it.  Put up a poll and the response was basically overwhelming that i should play the T'au Empire and rep with them.  So I am.  but i was heart broken about it.  I had registered originally as them with great anticipation of the Beta Codex.