W: Tankbustas or conversion bits (ammo shells, rocket tips, hunter killer missiles, etc)

Dark Trainer

Well, the standard Ork Tankbusta is just one of the regular Boyz whose traded in his shoota or choppa for a rokkitlauncha, although some of the more creative ones will put a rokkit on the end of a stick in imitation of a Beakie's Thunderhammer. So, pretty much anything will work as long as they're roughly the same size and shape as a standard Ork and obviously carrying some sort of rokkitlauncha... 

Maybe reach back to the Space Orks' classic roots with some Greatcoats, Space Marine or Imperial Guard missile launchers with improvised Orky blast sheilds to look like panzerschreck or modify their stikkbombs to look like panzerfaust?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxk3pJObhzNYFT8IUoBiZ

Old Fantasy Orcs (don't know about current Sigmar variations) were perfect for Tankbustas.

Two-handed spear, just snip off the spearhead and add on some plastic tube (I took a spear with me to the train store to get the correct size) and a greenstuff cone for the warhead.

Done.

I've also taken arms with Stikkbombz and put GS cones on top and put a spare stikkbomb on the front of a Shoota or Slugga. I blame the Rambo movies for the RPG attachments for AK-47's for the inspiration.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

Old Fantasy Orcs (don't know about current Sigmar variations) were perfect for Tankbustas.

Two-handed spear, just snip off the spearhead and add on some plastic tube (I took a spear with me to the train store to get the correct size) and a greenstuff cone for the warhead.

Done.

Looking on ebay, this might be a good way to do it. Found plenty of Orruk boyz with spears. Some styrene tubing and greenstuff, that sounds like an easy rokkit stick.

Also these look cool! 

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/scenery-accessories/875-resin-rockets-and-missiles.html

Considering the small ones for tankbustas and the large ones for stormboyz. Although it's convinced me I could make some decent rokkit launchas from shoota boyz.

10 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

Considering the small ones for tankbustas and the large ones for stormboyz. Although it's convinced me I could make some decent rokkit launchas from shoota boyz.

I had a ton of those back in the day. The from ends of 2nd Ed Hunter-Killer Missiles stuck on the ends of Shootaz. They looked just fine.

On 2/1/2019 at 6:21 PM, WestRider said:

I had a ton of those back in the day. The from ends of 2nd Ed Hunter-Killer Missiles stuck on the ends of Shootaz. They looked just fine.

Problem is, I can't find a reasonable bits list. I think i'll splurge for these on shoota boyz: http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/scenery-accessories/875-resin-rockets-and-missiles.html

• Like 1