Smiling Skulls

Started a new thread because I've ditched the CSM aspect of this army. I'm slowly liquidating my CSM. 

Sticking with the paint scheme, and the logo, just no Marines. That leaves Daemons and Renegade Knights (and an armorcast Reaver).

For those that haven't seen the paint scheme, looks like this:

WP_20181112_09_26_10_Pro.thumb.jpg.65507cb2607530562e7580d2b0fd7a3d.jpgWP_20181112_09_26_02_Pro.thumb.jpg.071365929319f132a76df4f73f968379.jpgWP_20181112_09_25_54_Pro.thumb.jpg.dde551b9dd21ba24e50520b71a5e6ee4.jpgWP_20181112_09_25_48_Pro.thumb.jpg.6578ab980e4e63190e9c5075094b8888.jpg

Logo is a combination of the Khorne Symbol and the Ultramarine Symbol, resulting in a smiling skull. Despite the logo including part of a khorne symbol, I have no specific ties to Khorne in this army.

My latest acquisition is a Great Unclean One. I'm thinking about painting it blue....

Escalation 1250pts

++ Questor Traitoris Super-Heavy Detachment (Chaos - Renegade Knights) [27 PL, 522pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 174pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Character, Meltagun, Thermal spear and Reaper chain-cleaver

. Renegade Armiger: Meltagun, Thermal spear and Reaper chain-cleaver

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [43 PL, 4CP, 724pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Chaos Allegiance: Chaos Undivided

Detachment CP [1CP]

+ HQ +

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage [17 PL, 260pts]

Daemon Prince of Chaos [9 PL, 189pts]: Daemonic axe, Slaanesh, Warp bolter, Wings

Great Unclean One [17 PL, 275pts]: Bileblade, Bilesword

++ Total: [70 PL, 4CP, 1246pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I'd need to assmble 2x armigers to get this on the table for Tueday, but I already have the models (somewhere...). List needs to figure out warlord traits, psychic powers, and relics, but is otherwise done. Not really sure if it's viable, with only 6 models, should a quick loss if I'm really outgunned.

At the 2k level, basically the same list, we add a Tzeentch Daemon of some sort for full representation, the Knights get swapped for bigger knights, and maybe we set some points aside for minor summoning/chaos spawn. So maybe 7 models in the final list (plus summons and spawn).

8 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Looks like a fun list for ITC. Just take titan Slayer. 

Well, in the 1250pt list above, I don't actually have any TITANIC models. Lots of MONSTERS and VEHICLES, though. Lots of CHARACTERS too.

16 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Want to take me in this week? My orks would love the challenge ^_^

Given that I still haven't found the 2 armiger sprues (they are here somewhere..), not going to happen this week. Maybe next week or this sunday.

Not sure what I'm bringing tomorrow.

Updated list (warlord traits, relics and psychic powers selected)

++ Questor Traitoris Super-Heavy Detachment (Chaos - Renegade Knights) [27 PL, 522pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

. Renegade Armiger: Character, Meltagun, Thermal spear and Reaper chain-cleaver

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [43 PL, 3CP, 724pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Chaos Allegiance: Chaos Undivided

Detachment CP [1CP]

Rewards of Chaos (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage [17 PL, 260pts]: Armour of Scorn

Daemon Prince of Chaos [9 PL, 189pts]: Bewitching Aura, Daemonic axe, The Mark of Excess, Warlord, Warp bolter, Wings
. Slaanesh: Pavane of Slaanesh

Great Unclean One [17 PL, 275pts]: Bileblade, Bilesword, Fleshy Abundance, Miasma of Pestilence

++ Total: [70 PL, 3CP, 1246pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Got a game in against Dark Trainer. I lost. That said, playing with only 6 models is really quick. Losing or winning matters even less due to the lack of set up and take down time. Opponent seemed to think this was ITC mission, though I really wasn't playing one, I just rushed at him and attacked. I suppose it might have gone differently if I had tried for objectives.

19 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Hmmm may suffer from ITC but it would be hilariously amount of fun (you will suffer on the primaries of ITC of holding something, though you could kill elite units pretty handily...) I might not be your best ITC opponent but oh well

Couldn't kills wraiths all game. Three Armigers and a bloodthister just couldn't do it. In fairness, my guys rolled really bad and my opponent kept making his saves. Bloodthirster also got pretty damaged before he got to swing. I've mentioned it before, bloodthirsters are glass cannons in this edition. They just die really quickly and can't heal themselves or bolster their own defenses 3+/4++ just isn't impressive in this edition in terms of defense on a 260pt model that is too big to hide behind anything and must get into melee to attack. Plus the bloodthirster profile degrades (while some khorne units, like the lord of skulls, have a better melee profile as they take damage).

Daemons not being able to deny invulnerable saves does seem a bit odd, as they are natually able to have invulnerable saves, so it does seem like they naturally have some ability to deny or otherwise reduce invulnerable saves. Meh. 

Let's see, opponent took advantage of my lack of range, and focused on a tactical retreat (which I kept calling them cowards for doing so, but I was not successfully able to provoke them into standing their ground...). I suppose if I run this one again at this point level, I should have more ranged units. Those Rifle Armigers would have been more tactically sound, though I don't own any. Though at higher point levels (like I'll have for next week), I'd have bigger knights anyway, so getting more ranged knights isn't really a think I need to think about.

GUO was fun to bring, but didn't really do anything. Good defensive profile, and defensive abilities, but being only T7, he dies pretty quick if they actually start shooting at him. I'll tinker with his build.

Daemon Prince made mistakes, which was the main problem with him, so I'm not really sure if he was good or bad. Bewitching aura was useful, but not enough to protect him in melee. In hindsight, I should have had him support the thirsters and knights against the wraiths, but that's hindsight. Maybe a different build next time. 

Dark Trainer's necrons fought like TAU. I wonder if it's the player or current codex that causes them to be so melee light. My TAU would love to have some wraiths...

22 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

Slow units and a lack of CP will hurt 

Only really had the 1 slow unit (GUO). Thirster and Prince were 12" and flying. Knights were 14". And that's without advancing, which I did every turn until they got into charge range. 

Mission deployment was really screwy where opponent got a larger deploy zone (not sure why) and kept moving backwards all game. Daemons lacking any deep strike units is pretty annoying, but that's what daemons are this edition. There was also a very large and tall LOS blocking terrain feature in the dead center (that one was both good and bad for both armies).

Lack of CP was also annoying, but there wasn't a whole lot I could spend it on.

They FAQed that daemon stratagem that bolsters the daemon invulnerable save to cap out at 4++, so because the bloodthirster had that relic for a 4++, it doesn't really do anything. And they did focus on the bloodthirster, who again, was too crippled to be of use by the time he got to melee (and against 3++ multi-wound infantry he's kinda a waste anyway).

Renegade knights don't really have any stratagems, and they really don't help much. We have a relic for them, but only if they are the warlord because they lack the stratagem to allow non-warlords to take relics. And their relic only imposes negative leadership on enemy models, no 4++ here.

My Prince, again, made a huge mistake (or two or three) and got himself in a position where stratagems wouldn't really help.

And then the GUO was ignored until the end, so stratagems wouldn't have really aided him.