One Day Painting Retreat - March 30th

Brother Glacius

Hey Ordo,

Wanted to get this out there as soon as possible. I am trying to have a one day painting retreat at the Menchua Retreat and Conference Center in Corbet on March 30th. That is a Saturday. I will post up the final details once I have them.  https://menucha.org/

What is it? Well its an organized day to hang out with fellow hobbyists to build and paint models.  It is a retreat, a chance to get away and really focus on what you want to do. And of course it is about community and spending time with others that enjoy the hobby.

A few years ago my wife started something similar for her scrapbooking hobby. It has since turned into a full weekend event that they hold three times a year. I've been a few times and always got a lot done. This past weekend I painted up an entire Italian Bolt Action army and still had time left over to build some MDF terrain too.

The details that I do have currently is that it will be held in the Green House (most likely), and looking at a total occupancy of around 10 I believe. Cost will be around $30 and that includes lunch which is served as a family style meal in the dining hall. Corbet is just 20min outside of Portland. The retreat goes from 9am to 5pm.

Toss me a PM if interested and I can send you details on how to sign up.

https://menucha.org/programs/model-painting-day-retreat

• Like 1

Details Update: The location changed. It is no longer in Green House, but instead in the Barn.  And no, it is not actually in a barn. The building is probably 150 yards from the main house and is somewhat secluded. That basically means we get a small walk to and from lunch. 🙂 Also, the cost is $34 and you can sign up for it at the Menucha web site. I'll post up again when I see the program on there.

Some of you may be wondering, why pay $34 to build and paint models when you can do that at home, or even at WoW? Well, the simple answer is that its another way to build the community, and the atmosphere is unique. First off, Menucha is a beautiful place. It is truly restful. Second, there is a feeling when you leave Portland and drive out there that helps create that environment of really being away. Third, if we can prove that there is an interest in it, then we can eventually do bigger and longer events.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...