Genestealer Cult FAQ

Chikin

Looks like they already nerfed the Vect stratagem.  

Page 112 – A Plan Generations in the Making Add the following sentence: ‘You can only use this Stratagem once per battle.’

Designer’s Note: This publication went to print before the changes to the Drukhari Stratagem ‘Agents of Vect’ were made. To make this Stratagem different whilst still maintaining game balance, we have decided to make this Stratagem one use only rather than increasing the Command Point cost.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/warhammer_40000_genestealer_cults_en.pdf?utm_source=GamesWorkshop.com&utm_campaign=0c737b1093-GW_25th_February_Shadowspear_Week_ENG&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c6e14e39d2-0c737b1093-114464321

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it is a useful FAQ. If you get the perfect storm you can psychic bomb 1 thing off the table, which is cool. Also first turn charges are still a thing. I even think that the jackals maybe be slightly useful with dual pistol and a flamer on the quad. It at least allows them to get 2 shots and melee. But I still need to debate shotgun vs 2x pistol, but I am thinking pistols are better.

The once a battle vect is fine. Though I am disappointed they FAQed that the stratagem that is denied is not considered used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PumpkinHead said:

Yeah, it is a useful FAQ. If you get the perfect storm you can psychic bomb 1 thing off the table, which is cool. Also first turn charges are still a thing. I even think that the jackals maybe be slightly useful with dual pistol and a flamer on the quad. It at least allows them to get 2 shots and melee. But I still need to debate shotgun vs 2x pistol, but I am thinking pistols are better.

The once a battle vect is fine. Though I am disappointed they FAQed that the stratagem that is denied is not considered used.

They can't use it for the remainder of the turn but that would be one hell of a strat where you can deny my Green Tide and I never get it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Change the first sentence to read:
‘Each time you roll an unmodified wound roll of 6 in the Fight phase for a model from a friendly Rusted Claw unit whilst it is within 6" of your Warlord, the Armour Penetration characteristic of that attack is improved by 1 
(i.e. AP0 becomes AP-1, AP-1 becomes AP-2, and so on).’

A model in a unit. But the wording is the same as the codex except for cog and claw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

I mean I saw it coming but that was quick. 

I'm kinda glad cause two armies with vect would have pushed orks way down in usefulness but I'm also kinda grumpy cause not one major tournament was played to see if it would have actually done anything.

The GSC have a RAW T1 deepstrike too with putting their blips into reserves... 

4 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

The GSC have a RAW T1 deepstrike too with putting their blips into reserves... 

Yes and no. I know a few T.Os that are saying no. That the blips are not actually units on the board and as such they do not get around the  no T1 DS rule. It all kind of depends on the organizer of events if it will be allowed.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, PumpkinHead said:

Yes and no. I know a few T.Os that are saying no. That the blips are not actually units on the board and as such they do not get around the  no T1 DS rule. It all kind of depends on the organizer of events if it will be allowed.

There are also a few majors saying yes which is why I make it known

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

Which majors? I would like to be able to point this out when defending my position of first turn DS.

Westeros Major in Sweden. Adam from TFG has also stated that's how he will rule it until it is updated. He is part of the ITC creators and one of the bigger LVO judge's so many will follow his lead. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, Lyraeus said:

Westeros Major in Sweden. Adam from TFG has also stated that's how he will rule it until it is updated. He is part of the ITC creators and one of the bigger LVO judge's so many will follow his lead. 

People are split on this. Hopfully they FAQ it soon with the MArch or April FAQ.    I know a GT this month that is going to allow it as well. 

• Like 1