Starting Up Necromunda

fluger

41 minutes ago, ninefinger said:

Add to the dead fighter scenario the fact that, only a result of a 66 results in a dead fighter. 61-65 will die if they don’t go to the doc.... 

You get to keep a fighter's equipment if you take a fighter to the doc and the fighter dies because of complications or because the gang can't (or won't ) pay for the service.

1 minute ago, Koyote said:

You get to keep a fighter's equipment if you take a fighter to the doc and the fighter dies because of complications or because the gang can't (or won't ) pay for the service.

So if I bottled, and had no fighters left on the battlefield, would that mean I can keep it or no?

if I can keep it IF I send someone to the doc, that seems a little squishy.  

Fluger, check out what Blackfyre Productions is doing in this campaign.  In this campaign each player controls 2 members of a Venator gang in a series of linked scenarios.  It's a narrative campaign where a GM creates a story and controls the antagonists and the players play cooperatively against the GM's antagonists.  

This is something you could do with your son or your son and PourSpelur.  This will give you the freedom to tailor the scenarios and antagonists to match his skill level.  You could design your own monster hunts or create a nemesis for him to track down and defeat or have him defend his territory from greenskins raiders or just about anything. It'd be a great way to introduce him to both basic game mechanics and the role-playing/story-telling elements of tabletop gaming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ninefinger said:

So if I bottled, and had no fighters left on the battlefield, would that mean I can keep it or no?

if I can keep it IF I send someone to the doc, that seems a little squishy.  

My reading of the Delete Dead or Retiring Fighters rules on P.93 is that if a fighter dies outright (i.e. you roll a 66 on the Lasting Injury table), you can recover his gear only if you have a fighter on the board at the end of the game. 

If the fighter suffers a Critical Injury AND you spend a Post-Battle action to take that injured fighter to the Doc AND that fighter subsequently dies at the Doc's, then you can recover the equipment, regardless of whether or not you had a model on the board at the end of the game.  In this latter case the price you pay to recover the equipment is the Post-Battle action to get the fighter to the Doc.  If, at the end of a game your leader and all of your champions are 'in recovery' or captured, then you cannot perform a Post-Battle action.  No Post-Battle actions means no visit to the Doc and no chance to recover the equipment from a fighter with a Critical Injury.

Oh, and it doesn't state 'if you take a fighter to the doc', it states 'if you take the fighter to the doc'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koyote said:

The PVC is a great idea.

😊

I really like the aesthetic of pipes kn the battlefield.  I had to trim them down with a dremel to get the height right so they work as barricades.  

xjQvU20.jpg

1V9B2KD.jpg

M8kRgWv.jpg

My other plan was to use big PVC pipes as smoke/steam stacks/vents.  I need to get some batting from Michael's but this steel wool gives the idea.  I have these fake candle led tea light things that'll go inside to complete the look.

8DGuHFl.jpg

Got a bit more work done on my buildings and Ezra started another can tower.

307RfS7.jpg

2J8dAbm.jpg

A while back, Ordo donated a bunch of terrain to Warporch and I decided I could bump up the quality of this one by adding some armorcast stuff.

W7mGnux.jpg

And the base of this was a special 711 mug for Cowboys and Aliens that I've been meaning to use as terrain for forever.

EqsVuEX.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fluger said:

Ya know...

I'm trying to set up a monthly Necromunda campaign with some folks...

The logistics of getting to your place as someone who doesn't drive have always been a bit awkward, but any month I can get those sorted out, I've got 5 different Gangs/Cults I could bring down.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing that has been overwhelming is since my cancer diagnosis, lots of people have been generously giving to me and my family in so many ways.  It genuinely has been too much to even process the love and support that has come from this community.  

It has gone to real, tangible things (I can pay bills!) and mental health breaks like getting take out when we're so stressed out.

But there has also been a lot of anonymous goodies that have shown up, and these keep lifting my spirits. 

I'm not sure who did this, but someone sent me a train!  And the sector mechanicus lifters! 

bBUtWKg_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

WOW!

cGl7FrC_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

There's been other stuff, but I thought I'd post this as it pertains to Necromunda!

• Like 2