Warcry: AoS Kill Team

March 12th, 8:00pm PDT / March 13th 3:00am GMT

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-WarCryHeader26yrfv

Get ready for your first proper look at an incredible new game that’ll take you to the heart of darkness itself…

This is Warcry – a new skirmish game from the makers of Kill Team and Warhammer Underworlds that allows you to experience the visceral carnage of battle in the Mortal Realms in a whole new way.

This is more than just a skirmish version of Warhammer Age of Sigmar – it’s hyper-kinetic, it’s tactical and it’s very, very bloody, featuring bold new game mechanics.

Warcry is perfect for narrative players looking to forge character-driven campaigns where warbands grow and develop through their own journey. Meanwhile, gamers looking for a close-matched, fast and exciting experience will find a game that fits both their coffee table and coffee break.

GAMAReveals-Mar11-Warcry9gce.jpg

In the game, you’ll follow the myriad tribes of Chaos – reavers and despoilers from every corner of the realms – as they make their dark pilgrimage to the Varanspire. Warcry explores a never-before-seen side of life (and death!) in the Age of Sigmar. Every model for this game is brand new, reflecting on the dizzying diversity of Chaos on a scale never attempted before and rooted in rich lore that realises the servants of the Dark Gods as deep and varied cultures.  

We’ll have more Warcry news for you (and some closer looks at those stunning models!) in the coming weeks – make sure to subscribe to our email newsletter and follow our Facebook page to make sure you don’t miss any announcements. 

• Like 1

I know there isn't a ton of info out on this now, but seems to be a mash-up of Necromunda and the old Path to Glory system than AoS Kill Teams, since it's focusing just on Chaos warbands, and does not incorporate existing models (at least for now).

Was initially a bit bummed out, as I kinda wanted Kill Teams, but AoS, but after mulling things over and talking with a buddy, I'm excited to see where this goes! Having unique "gangs" ala Necromunda of chaos guys and gals could be really cool! We'll have to see how the models turn out 🙂

1 hour ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I know there isn't a ton of info out on this now, but seems to be a mash-up of Necromunda and the old Path to Glory system than AoS Kill Teams, since it's focusing just on Chaos warbands, and does not incorporate existing models (at least for now).

Was initially a bit bummed out, as I kinda wanted Kill Teams, but AoS, but after mulling things over and talking with a buddy, I'm excited to see where this goes! Having unique "gangs" ala Necromunda of chaos guys and gals could be really cool! We'll have to see how the models turn out 🙂

Yah I think a lot of people are upset it is not AoS kill team but kind of its own animal. I personally think it looks cool but I worry about how well it will take off locally.

I dont see any reason to think it will be anything but a warband based skirmish game.Likely more detail in character/unit developement as well as additional gameplay mechanics.The box says "Skirmish" so this will likely take the lead over the current version of skirmish.

I would expect warscrolls for AoS play with all new models,,mainly since virtually every model released in games related to AoS have warscrolls and points for use in the main game as well.

I also highly doubt the game will remain Chaos focused,the game wont survive otherwise.On that note,starting the game out with what appears to be mortal Khorne/Chaos units seems a great way to keep the first rules set tight with having a focus on melee only(like they did with Shadespire) and of course magic mechanics will be minimal or non existant to start with as well.Im sure it wont be long  until we  see the other GA`s recieve their expansions along with those Magic and Ranged rules and likely other game mechanics as well.

46 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

How many fantasy games are there now from GW? Seems to me like they have just flooded the market. And considering the cost of investing in them, I just pass on most now. I don't really get GW's vision anymore. I think I'm too old-school.

Three, plus maybe a couple of one-off board games like that Khorne one that was basically an excuse to pick up all the new characters. AoS, Warcry, and Shadespire. They're all pretty different from each other, sort of like 40K, Necromunda, and Kill Team. Oh, and Blackstone Fortress for 40K, plus they're apparently going to be doing more WHQ stuff for fantasy as well. There are absolutely people who are into all of them, but they're targeting significantly different market segments.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, Brother Glacius said:

How many fantasy games are there now from GW? Seems to me like they have just flooded the market. And considering the cost of investing in them, I just pass on most now. I don't really get GW's vision anymore. I think I'm too old-school.

I do agree with both points here. But I have wondered myself if GW is so big now, that unfortunately they are starting to compete with themselves. I myself have been focused on AoS and Warhammer Underworlds. I have very little time for 40k or Kill Team and I sold off Necromunda. The problem with all of their games is they are lifestyle games taking considerable investment on time and money. No one can have time for all of them and some will eventually suffer I feel and loose popularity. I do feel like they need to slow down on releasing anymore lifestyle games, beacause no one has time for all of them.

Really they have all of these lifestyle games:

40k, AoS, Kill Team, Blood Bowl, Adeptus Titanticus, 30k, Warhammer Underworlds, Necromunda, Warcry, AoS Skimish (kinda)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That terrain looks sweet, and the fact that they are starting with other factions besides chaos warbands is really nice. Kudos to GW for that. I was originally thinking it was only going to be new warbands designed for the game. But now that I can use other models I already own, that is sweet. I'll be interested in playing once I learn more.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

That terrain looks sweet, and the fact that they are starting with other factions besides chaos warbands is really nice. Kudos to GW for that. I was originally thinking it was only going to be new warbands designed for the game. But now that I can use other models I already own, that is sweet. I'll be interested in playing once I learn more.

Yah really glad they decided to make it more than just Chaos Warbands a lot of people have no interest in Chaos. I bet we will eventually see other AoS armies become usable in the game as well.

• Like 1