Jump to content
Lyraeus

Team Imperial Krusaders

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lyraeus said:

I don't know abiut same philosophy. Some. People see me as ruthless... But I want a good game. I do abhor rofl stomping people but it doesn't mean I bring bad thing. I just play them directly) differently. 

 

The rest of my team I can't call casual. They are good players but I think we all want some fun ^_^ we can work it out and figure out what players will have the glbest games against each other. A challenge for all

I work hard at not being ruthless even though I would want to be. I think the match will be a good one on how to loosen up have fun at this event while still winning games and playing to the rules. It is a crazy amount of plates to keep spinning but so worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

I work hard at not being ruthless even though I would want to be. I think the match will be a good one on how to loosen up have fun at this event while still winning games and playing to the rules. It is a crazy amount of plates to keep spinning but so worth it

Yea, you get it. 

I listen to BIFPOD for help in that area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on Von Vilkee's team. Been doing the OFCC since....2011, I think? 

I'm a decent player but don't play nearly enough to keep the edge sharp. I'm a very relaxed player. I want to have a good game, and will play whatever my opponent thinks 40k should be to facilitate that. I have lost games and will probably lose more because I'd rather keep playing than debate with an opponent I know is wrong. 

I'm probably gonna roll out some form of Drukhari dominant soup. Good units, but not the best, or not in enough quantity to be problematic (1 ravager, 1 biggish squad of grotesques, 1 flyer, etc.). Basically, the only units I ever take more than 2 of are mandatory minimums to fill out detachments or dedicated transports. Good, not great lists.

I will be drunk. But I will endeavor to not finish a fifth before the end of game 2 this year. How I remember most of game 3, I'll never know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Munkie said:

I'm on Von Vilkee's team. Been doing the OFCC since....2011, I think? 

I'm a decent player but don't play nearly enough to keep the edge sharp. I'm a very relaxed player. I want to have a good game, and will play whatever my opponent thinks 40k should be to facilitate that. I have lost games and will probably lose more because I'd rather keep playing than debate with an opponent I know is wrong. 

I'm probably gonna roll out some form of Drukhari dominant soup. Good units, but not the best, or not in enough quantity to be problematic (1 ravager, 1 biggish squad of grotesques, 1 flyer, etc.). Basically, the only units I ever take more than 2 of are mandatory minimums to fill out detachments or dedicated transports. Good, not great lists.

I will be drunk. But I will endeavor to not finish a fifth before the end of game 2 this year. How I remember most of game 3, I'll never know.

 

@apathy ales  sounds like a game you might enjoy. That or @Brandon depending on how he feels his experience will be at. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, apathy ales said:

I find it humorous our team thread has turned into the unofficial how to get away with drinking thread.

Yeah, I'm thinking best option will be to brew and keg at home, then bring to event in growlers. 

I wonder if I can find a way to alter a space marine to be holding a pint glass. Then throw that guy in this cannon thingy at end of the weekend...

Since y'all are new we are just imparting some wisdom from "a few" years of OFCC experience. This is not secret knowledge for those that have done this in the past, but it is useful knowledge for first timers.  People brew all sorts of drinks, mead, beer, and cider (I make my version of Apple Pie moonshine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, apathy ales said:

So I believe I know how this works, maybe minus a few details. Over all I've been super excited to try something like this. 

Each team has 4 members with one identified captain. Teams play each other in 4 simultaneous games, with the captains having a prematch pairing ceremony (hence me mentioning playing death guard for a different match up option) to determine who plays who. All 4 games occur and all points are added together to determine winner. So even if you loose your game then team can still win the match. 

@Lyraeus So the idea here is that each team will have a mix of lists and personalities, and it's the team leader's goal to pre-game match players with players where the games will be fun. So if you have a ruthless guy on your team, pair them up with the ruthless guy on the other team, and it's not a problem. And ruthless is purely an example because you mentioned it earlier in this thread. Could just be matching up the intoxicated players, or the players with bad lists, or the players that have their first game of 40k at this event.

I've only gone to one OFCC in, I think, 2006. We didn't have alcohol then, though I've never been good at identifying intoxicated people... 

And PS, OFCC is really loose on conversions. I highly recommend some outrageous conversions for your army. Make it silly, OFCC is a good setting to bring a silly army that wins by being awesome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

@Lyraeus So the idea here is that each team will have a mix of lists and personalities, and it's the team leader's goal to pre-game match players with players where the games will be fun. So if you have a ruthless guy on your team, pair them up with the ruthless guy on the other team, and it's not a problem. And ruthless is purely an example because you mentioned it earlier in this thread. Could just be matching up the intoxicated players, or the players with bad lists, or the players that have their first game of 40k at this event.

I've only gone to one OFCC in, I think, 2006. We didn't have alcohol then, though I've never been good at identifying intoxicated people... 

And PS, OFCC is really loose on conversions. I highly recommend some outrageous conversions for your army. Make it silly, OFCC is a good setting to bring a silly army that wins by being awesome.

 

That's what I figured. A loose version of ATC format. 

 

It's why I am considering bringing a detachment of 2 Ambull's and some bore worms with the Ambull's having leashes on them and a Grot Guard holding them... Well trying to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have access to one of those Cricket vinyl cutters so we could make a team logo and print them and/ names and/or anything really onto shirts. The iron on works pretty darn well now days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I have access to one of those Cricket vinyl cutters so we could make a team logo and print them and/ names and/or anything really onto shirts. The iron on works pretty darn well now days. 

Ohhh I like... Not much of an artist those so will need to find one and figure out what art we want to use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 1:57 PM, Lyraeus said:

@VonVilkeewell if we are going to do a challenge I will need to get my team approved (hint hint @evil_bryan/@DisruptiveConduct)

Then we can discuss match ups. Let me know what styles each of your team likes to play. I figure I will play you so we can even list discuss to get the best challenge! 

You be hard pressed to find a better team to play in your first OFCC 🙂 

Consider this the first Challenge Match of the OFCC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...