Flames-Of-War PDX area events - good news and bad news

barca

First the GOOD NEWS:

I will be running a FoW game at the rescheduled AMBUSCADE!  AMBUSCADE! has been reschduled. The original session - FEB 9 - was snowed out.

The third annual AMBUSCADE! will be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at Guardian Games, located at 345 SE Taylor, Portland Oregon, in the Level Up room (sorry, 21+ only).  This event is FREE (but donations are welcome). More info at  https://ambuscadeportland.blogspot.com/

SESSION 1 (11:00 a.m. ), TABLE C  Tank Collision at Prokhorovka.

In this one day battle during the Kursk campaign, on the eastern front of WWII, nearly 1,000 German and Soviet tanks smashed into each other in a massive armored battle. Will the Germans punch through to their objective towards Kursk? Can the Soviets stop them?  15mm figures.  Flames of War 4th edition rules.  Up to 6 players. Preferred player skill level: Beginner/some experience. (James B.) - a.k.a. barca
previous ORDO post: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/211419-flames-of-war-mega-battle-at-ambuscade-3-sat-feb-9/

Second, the BAD NEWS 😞

I will NOT be hosting any minis games at Gamestorm, this year. My plans to participate there ran afoul of "A series of unfortunate events..." Perhaps next year I will roll sixes for the 2020 Gamestorm.

Additonal games of interest at AMBUSCADE!

SESSION 1 (11:00 a.m. ) TABLE 😧 Napoleonic Battle 1809.  A small engagement between isolated corps in 1809.  Each player will command a division. French their allies vs. Austrians and their allies.  15mm figures.  Napoleon's Battles rules. 6-8 players. Preferred player skill level: Beginner/some experience. (Dave S.)

SESSION 2 (3:00 p.m.) TABLE F:  Russian Civil War.  Russian Civil War game.  Up to 6 players.  Preferred player skill level: Any. (Henry T.)

SESSION 3 (7:00 p.m.) TABLE B  Battle of Kalish (Kalisz) 1813.  Napoleonic, French vs. Russians. Shako II rules. 6 players. Preferred player skill level: Any.  (Dave B.)

More details in the Ambuscade blog.