Paint Scheme Feedback

Brandon

Hey everyone! Just got back into 40k recently after a 6 edition break. I am about to start painting my latest Imperial Guard I mean Astra Militarum. My Deathwatch was all black, so I wanted to try a white theme. What should I try/color/do differently? I am trying to keep it simple, quick to paint, and newbie friendly so no super details yet. I didn't highlight anything on this model except the gun. Oh gosh the mold lines are really bad in the photos after the wash! I need to clean this up.

Thoughts to ponder:

• To much black wash?
  • Highlights on hands/face?
  • Does the blue look okay?
  • Maybe a white or silver gun instead of red?

IMG_20190329_210837.jpg

IMG_20190329_205821.jpg

• Thanks 1

I like yours with the desert camo. That said, you mentioned a white paint scheme to contrast from your black deathwatch. With cadians, my mind always goes to Spaceballs:

spaceballs.jpg.62674ad421ec6dcd8b714b5305f28a5a.jpg

You'd just paint a pure white for the armor and then go over it with a gloss. Really simple paint scheme with great nerd value.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

I like yours with the desert camo. That said, you mentioned a white paint scheme to contrast from your black deathwatch. With cadians, my mind always goes to Spaceballs:

You'd just paint a pure white for the armor and then go over it with a gloss. Really simple paint scheme with great nerd value.

Look what I found on Shapeways...

710x528_23858810_13153535_1529633750.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Second attempt looks decidedly better, but I still think that a darker gun might be the way to go. As it is, having the housing for the lasgun the same color as all the armor means it just kind of blurs together without any significant differentiation between the two.

Ill try a dark one next. Thanks!