Sunday 4/7 - Ordo Game Night at WOW

Jay

Time: 3 PM to 7 PM (we sometimes stay later)

Location: 717 SE Main St. Portland OR 97214 (map) - Around the corner from Kokiyo Teriyaki and up the stairs

Cost: $5 for Ordo Members, $2 for Ordo Warlord Champions, FREE for Emperors!  And as always, your first Game Night is FREE! 

Games we play: All games are welcome. Currently we have Infinity, Necromunda and 40K and pick up games. Although it is possible to find a pickup game at Game Night, it is much better to prearrange a game before coming downNew players are always welcome, feel free to stop in and check it out. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, The Red Duke said:

I've never been here for a pickup game before. If I come up for an Infinity game, is there a specific mission I should prepare for that people will be playing?

Main thing is to make sure someone will be there to play with you. Sunday's infinity crowd is pretty dedicated, so you'll have that covered with the link Jay provided.

If attending on another game night (like the tuesday group) in the future, just post in the game night thread (like this one) which game you want to play and make sure you have an opponent before you arrive. WOW is depressing if you don't have an opponent. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

How can it be depressing @paxmiles if I'm there. 🙂

You aren't always there. And I do like the familiar faces and the conversation is nice. But my default "mood" is depression (or at least I call it depression). I suppose depression is sort of conforting in that respect...sigh. I just find joy to be a fleeting experience. 

Anyway, takes me about 4 hours of transit to get to and from WOW. I'm only at WOW for about 4 hours. So if I get there and there's no game, it's rather depressing. I usually stick around until it's time to leave because it's hard to motivate myself to trek back. I live alone. 

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well Pax, I’m sorry you have had some dissapointing times at the club. In the future I would recommend using these threads to connect with an opponent ahead of coming all the way down. 

?

I wasn't complaining. Was just giving advice to the new guy so he can avoid it. 

And just think, 4 hours of transit + 4 hours playing. 8 hours for one game night. And I keep coming. Obviously, I love WOW.