GW Store Birthday Captain

Jay

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Do you guys think he is a worthwhile Primaris model to acquire and if so is anyone attending the GW Tannisborne birthday that could grab one for me?

I mean, do you need more HQs? It's a captain with a power fist and plasma pistol. It's not terrible. Pose is nice. Plasma and fists are also fun to paint, I think.

But a primaris captain in Gravis armor is probably just as good or better (very similar weaponry). 

That "exclusive model" is a $35 model at the GW store. And by "exclusive" it's unique to GW store birthdays, but not unique to that specific store. So if you miss it, you could probably get another at a later point.

I think the main value is for ebay resellers.

Looks like a really easy conversion. At $35, you could hire someone to kitbash one for you...

On 4/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, Jay said:

Do you guys think he is a worthwhile Primaris model to acquire and if so is anyone attending the GW Tannisborne birthday that could grab one for me?

Do you think they'll let us buy more than 1? My mom wants to try reselling one (ebay is her hobby). If you'll pay me back ($35) and I can get two, I'll pick one up for you.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

If you do end up with an extra I will have cash for you on Sunday. Thanks. 

Good news, bad news.

Turns out that the GW store doesn't have any of them in stock. The logic is that we buy them now, and then receive them later. That way they "never run out" of these models. Felt a lot like bait and switch.

So I ordered you one, but there's no ETA on when I'm getting it. Ordered one for my Mom too. I'm out $ and I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to wait on paying me back until I actually have the model, but kinda sucks on my end.

Didn't sleep very well last night. This sort of thing makes me wonder if my lack of sleep created this unpleasant encounter. Like an umbrella on a sunny day.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jay So they still haven't called me, like they said they would...but I called them today and it turns they have the models waiting for me. So, Jay, I can get it to you sunday at WOW, or we could work something else out if you can't wait.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Bring it on whatever Sunday or Tuesday you can. If I’m not there a senator can put it in the locker. I’m in no hurry. Thanks Carl. 

For the record, it is a better looking model than I had originally concluded. Don't really need one for my forces, but it's a very nice, generic chapter model.