GW survey 2019 AND Munkie DE list help

9 minutes ago, necrontyr said:

Why? Forgeworld offices and employees are all in the UK.

You can now buy FW products in the states. If you go to the Website you'll they have a USA price option and they now ship from the USA. But if you have a problem with your order, you still have to call the UK. Phone rates are quite spendy to call internationally, plus the hours and holidays are UK, so it can be a hassle.

It's nothing huge, I just suspect that GW didn't really think about it when they made the US shipping option.

9 hours ago, Sugarlessllama said:

No. I don't think I will sir. 

Then don't. I just asked with a "please." You can do whatever.  And the survey itself is optional.

1 hour ago, Munkie said:

Give Drukhari HQs a way to get from point A to B. I'll take a [big bad swear word]ing skateboard at this point. 

Is that FW transport any good? The Tantalus, I think. Looks like a spendy, but otherwise decent transport. Haven't really looked at the DE this edition, so no clue. Probably easy to convert (I'd look into one of Jabba's dune skimmer things as a base model, I bet that's a kit somewhere).

EDIT: looked it up on FW site. For a model of it's size, it's actually pretty cheap in FW model costs. $155 for an 11" vehicle is cheap for them. Battlescribe has it at 400pts, which makes it pretty similar to buying a baneblade kit. And it's only a heavy slot. Plus the transport rules are really generous this edition.  https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Dark-Eldar-Tantalus 

17 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Is that FW transport any good? The Tantalus, I think. Looks like a spendy, but otherwise decent transport. Haven't really looked at the DE this edition, so no clue. Probably easy to convert (I'd look into one of Jabba's dune skimmer things as a base model, I bet that's a kit somewhere).

The tantalus is actually super good. But it's also forgeworld, so it'll dip into my gold filigree dental floss budget.

That I can't abide.

I've been thinking of kitbashing 2 raiders into one for a long while...just terrified it'll look like a plasticrack double-wide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Munkie said:

The tantalus is actually super good. But it's also forgeworld, so it'll dip into my gold filigree dental floss budget.

That I can't abide.

I've been thinking of kitbashing 2 raiders into one for a long while...just terrified it'll look like a plasticrack double-wide.

You say it's too expensive, but FW site has it for only $155 (free shipping at that price). 2x Raiders is going to cost $74.50. So it costs roughly 4x raiders. In game value, a raider is under 100pts. The Tantalus is about 400pts. So the Tantalus both costs 4x raiders in cash and would fill the points of 4x raiders. 

$155 is still spendy, but if you'd be willing to buy 2x raiders for an iffy conversion, I'd seriously consider buying the actual kit from FW. 

Anyway, if the goal is just to get models across the table, could try running lots of regular raiders and then just suicide them forward. The destroyed vehicle rules are really generous this edition, so it's unlikely that a given HQ will die from the explosion. 

Since you can't disembark after moving and the opponent can surround your vehicles to deny their contents from disembarking, you could see if there's a way to destroy your own vehicles after moving them, as that would allow you to disembark and charge...

6 hours ago, paxmiles said:

$155 is still spendy, but if you'd be willing to buy 2x raiders for an iffy conversion, I'd seriously consider buying the actual kit from FW. 

Thing is, I have an unbuilt raider already. I got a bunch of DE 2nd hand a while back and there is some stuff new on sprue. So I'm only one raider away from making an iffy conversion happen.

6 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Anyway, if the goal is just to get models across the table, could try running lots of regular raiders and then just suicide them forward. The destroyed vehicle rules are really generous this edition, so it's unlikely that a given HQ will die from the explosion. 

Yeah this is usually the best option but it's not great. We have 2 transports. Venoms have capacity 5 (the minimum squad size of every unit that can embark on it), and raiders have a capacity of 10 (the point at which our troops squads get additional heavy/special weapons).

By comparison, both harlequins and and CWE have capacity 6 (min squad+HQ), and CWE have a capacity 12 vehicle too (max squad+2 HQs). Craftworlders also have access to Autarch with wings, autarch on bike, farseer on bike, warlock on bike, and a bunch of warlocks on bikes. They don't have to choose between slow-moving but granting their aura, or keeping up with the army but stashed inside a vehicle.

It just makes very little sense within the lore of Drukhari that there are no archons who'd have wings surgically attached, that every succubus who ascended to that rank decided they no longer wanted their reaver jetbike or skyboard.

It's just a bummer that our best use of an archon by far is sitting in the back, next to a parking lot of ravagers, reading them the Gettysburg Address so they shoot better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh, what about buildings? DE can embark in unaligned buildings. The buildings are pretty durable, plus disembarking is 3+normal move so they can help with speed if you start them by your deployment edge. Not great, but they are definitly more durable than raiders.

Looking at battlescribe, where's Asdrubael Vect? Him and his custom transport doesn't seem to be an option. 

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Looking at battlescribe, where's Asdrubael Vect? Him and his custom transport doesn't seem to be an option. 

Nope. They've been chopping away at our special characters since 5th. Urien Rakarth is great, Lelith is decent, and Drazhar is one of the worst special characters in the game. 30 points more than a squad of Incubi and approximately as effective as just the Klaivex.

I love my evil space elves, but their HQs need some work.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Munkie said:

Nope. They've been chopping away at our special characters since 5th. Urien Rakarth is great, Lelith is decent, and Drazhar is one of the worst special characters in the game. 30 points more than a squad of Incubi and approximately as effective as just the Klaivex.

I love my evil space elves, but their HQs need some work.

Well that sucks. 

Hmm...rather than transporting them, can you make the army work at long range?

13 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Well that sucks. 

Hmm...rather than transporting them, can you make the army work at long range?

I appreciate the willingness to help, but this really isn't the thread for it. Just my number 1 wishlist item. I make it all work, but list building can be a little tricky.

6 minutes ago, Munkie said:

I appreciate the willingness to help, but this really isn't the thread for it. Just my number 1 wishlist item. I make it all work, but list building can be a little tricky.

No problem.

Though regarding the thread, it's my topic and it's value was accomplished in the first post. I was just annoyed that I missed this survey last time around, so when I noticed it this time and noticed that (to my surprise) no one else had linked it, I made a post to tell others. Treat others the way you want to be treated sort of logic.

Could change the thread title if you want. "GW 2019 Survey AND Munkie DE list help," perhaps?