Cheap SM legs alternative?

Stoobert

Cheapest legs are $1.45 each on ebay including shipping. For example this is one of the people I have bought from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-40K-BITS-SPACE-MARINE-TACTICAL-SQUAD-LEGS/352646418776?epid=2254426253&hash=item521b5d5158:g:4xMAAOSwsWVcu5Pt

@pretre  at Mindtaker.org has used models for $1-1.50ish and you get the entire model. He is local and really awesome about local pickup. For example: https://mindtaker.org/product/marines-x10/

A box set is $3.40 each shipped and you get more parts you can resell... Its a slippery slope. Buy local I say!

• Like 3

On 4/20/2019 at 12:14 AM, Stoobert said:

I know there's 1001 fancy casters/Shapeways conversion companies, for special models and bits. 

But is there a place that just sells cheaper SpaceMarine-ish legs, plastic, decent... you know ...for matching up with all the extra heads, arms and torsos we've all got lying around?

How many do you need?

Aside from trading my own, I'd suggest offering to split cost with someone that needs other parts from a kit. That devastator kit, for example, most people just want the heavy weapons, I'm sure you make someone happy by reducing their costs by buying off the legs.

Though if you are going CSM or Iron Hands, you could always look into heavy conversion leg alternates (robotic/mutant legs or wheels/tracks). Don't need actual SM/CSM legs if you just make something else for that "slot."