Frequently Asked Questions for the OFCC Fantasy Open

Sylvos

This thread will serve as the defacto ruling on game questions going into the OFCC Fantasy Open.

Please ask your questions in this thread and the ruling will be given.  If a FAQ from Games Workshop comes out that contradicts the answer in this thread then the Games Workshop ruling supersedes this answer. 

These FAQ answers are also subject to change provided new rules or errata arises.  Please check back often if you have a rules question.

Frequently Asked Questions and Rulings:

1. Are Wood Elves allowed to have more than one unit with enchanted arrows of the same type?

Yes, multiple Wood Elf units may select the same Enchanted Arrow upgrade.  e.g. You may have 3 units of Glade Guard with Trueflight Arrows.

2. Do the units that have the Predatory Fighter special army rule gain the additional attacks from the Predatory Fighter special rule if they are making supporting attacks?

No, the BRB states "he can only ever make a single Attack, regardless of the number of Attacks on his profile, or any bonus Attacks he might otherwise be entitled to because of special rules or other unusual benefits."  Roll your front rank first then the Predatory Fighter attacks generated then roll your supporting ranks afterwards. 

3. The Waystalker character in the Wood Elf army book has two hand weapons.  If he is given a Bow of Loren magical weapon, how many shots does he fire?

The Waystalker with the Bow of Loren magical weapon will fire 2 shots if firing shots with the Aimed Shot or 2 shots if using Fast Shot option as Multiple Shots (2) can not be conveyed twice.

4. How does the Lore of Vampires spell, the Invocation of Nehek, function when cast on a unit of Hexwraiths.

- The spell will resurrect 1 Hexwraith model.  The Games Workshop FAQ/Errata for Vampire Counts answer this question when dealing with Blood Knights where they say a Vampiric unit may never gain more than one wound.  We will follow that line of thinking and say the same for an ethereal unit.

*edit ruling change 6/5/2014.

how does the lore of vamps IoN work when it targets a unit of hexwraiths?

example: a unit of 10 hexwraiths has taken 6 wounds, 4 remain. a lv4 lore of vampires wizard casts IoN and the hexwraiths are within the range. how many hexwraiths get resurrected?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I was just reading through this out of curiosity and was wondering what the reasoning/logic behind ruling 3 was as this is not how I have seen it played. 

As far as I can tell, the bow of Loren allows you to fire with the number of attacks on your profile +1. The two hand weapons have no affect on the number of attacks on your profile. So, the sniper shot you get 1+1. The multiple shots is multi-shot 2, which also does not increase the number of attacks on your profile, so you can, as far as I can tell, fire 2 or 2.

Could you please elaborate as to where the three comes from? 

Thanks!

Hi, I was just reading through this out of curiosity and was wondering what the reasoning/logic behind ruling 3 was as this is not how I have seen it played. 

As far as I can tell, the bow of Loren allows you to fire with the number of attacks on your profile +1. The two hand weapons have no affect on the number of attacks on your profile. So, the sniper shot you get 1+1. The multiple shots is multi-shot 2, which also does not increase the number of attacks on your profile, so you can, as far as I can tell, fire 2 or 2.

Could you please elaborate as to where the three comes from? 

Thanks!

That should have been corrected 2 months ago to reflect 2 shots not 3 after we discussed it. My bad.