Talk me into next gen consoles!

I'm curious to ask owners of xbox1 or ps4 whether they are generally satisfied with their purchase? As a retailer of video games our store has chosen not to carry these systems but that might change. 

My own experience briefly: 

-I played games on these systems but could honestly not tell the difference in terms of graphics or sound or frame rate or anything else from the previous version. 

-Upon examining the hardware specs it looks like they are, in fact very similar. Producing essentially the same video and audio output. 

-The differences I did notice seemed fairly trivial. Like changes to the interface or the controller or having motion control built in rather than as a peripheral. Nothing seemed especially 'next generation'. 

-A number of things actually seemed worse. Particularly the general move away from any sort backwards compatibility. 

-The cost is about what I would have expected given inflation and the general state of the market but its a pretty big investment for a working person and hard for me to justify given that I'm not noticing any great features. 

So what am I missing? What's great about these systems? Should I carry them for my customers?

I bought an Xbox1 with some extra cash i fell into.  I have played it MUCH less than I still play my 360 or computer games.  As of right now, there are very few titles for the new platforms.

This next point probably speaks more to my lack of experience with the interface than is a real point, but I'll add it anyway.  I'm not a fan, yet?, of the new interface.

At this point my conclusion of Xbox1 is that you will be paying the premium price of 'new', keep waiting, especially if you have content on your 'older' consoles.

That said, I am really looking forward to 'Evolved' which is out in October

Your assessment of the graphics is correct, mostly.  The xbox1 plays movies with better screen quality though, but that's a poor reason to invest.

Mainly, I just wanted to confirm your assessment, in my opinion.