Cost to watch?

So...$5 to watch a bunch nerds condensed into a small area with failing AC?

Do we get something, like tangible, out of this "investment"?

Oh, is there a discount for members?

So...$5 to watch a bunch nerds condensed into a small area with failing AC?

Do we get something, like tangible, out of this "investment"?

Oh, is there a discount for members?

I hope you are not being cynical.  There is a cost to put on thsi event, so we need to re-coup that cost.

You get to get in, and see everyone playing.  You can play games using our terrain/tables that we have collected over 10 years and probably have about 5-10k invested in.  I dont think $5 is too much to ask considering the incredible cost and liability Ordo is assuming to put this on every year.

I know you are on a fixed income Pax, but honestly, there are costs to this endeavor that we need to cover and charging you to get in is one of them.  We have not charged in years past for walk in's but this year we need to manage those in the hall and charging for our costs is one of them.  We will issue a lanyard to the walk-ins (and players).  This naturally has a cost, perhaps not $5, but the walk through cost is the open gaming cost.  If you want to come down, you will need to pay thsi entry fee. 

• Like 5

I hope you are not being cynical.  There is a cost to put on thsi event, so we need to re-coup that cost.

You get to get in, and see everyone playing.  You can play games using our terrain/tables that we have collected over 10 years and probably have about 5-10k invested in.  I dont think $5 is too much to ask considering the incredible cost and liability Ordo is assuming to put this on every year.

I know you are on a fixed income Pax, but honestly, there are costs to this endeavor that we need to cover and charging you to get in is one of them.  We have not charged in years past for walk in's but this year we need to manage those in the hall and charging for our costs is one of them.  We will issue a lanyard to the walk-ins (and players).  This naturally has a cost, perhaps not $5, but the walk through cost is the open gaming cost.  If you want to come down, you will need to pay thsi entry fee. 

I get the cost. Initial question relates to past events not requiring a cost to watch, though I am aware that past locations were also less costly.

Well, I was being a bit cynically with regards to how hot even the best ACed event gets with a bunch of people crammed into a room, even if the room is very large. It wasn't directed at the OFCC, more of a comment regarding events in general. I am sorry if it offended or was misunderstood to be directed at the OFCC.

I see, so the $5 covers the lanyard and the open gaming. That's reasonable for one of these events.

I am curious if the $5 is the discounted price for members, given that I've been told (by the Ordo Store Page) the "warlord" level grants some discount at ordo events. I'm not saying I want to push the price down, as you've expressed already that it can't be driven further down and I can empathize. I am saying you may want to re-word the Store page if the discount at ordo events is selective at which part each each event it applies.

The $5 cost is fixed regardless of champ level.  Champs do get discounted entry to each event, but open gaming is fixed at $5.

Can you fix the store page to reflect this?

At present, we've got this:

A Warlord Champion gets reduced prices for official Ordo Fanaticus events and Game Nights, and a forum badge indicating your prestigious status.

Strongly implies (if not directly saying) that it would apply to all the ordo fanaticus events.

I'm not trying to press the price down, I am the type that needs my rules clear, especially when you bother to write them down. Can you get this one re-worded to clarify what it applies to and what it doesn't apply to?

Haha, a raw vs rai discussion concerning admittance as a spectator/passive participant to an event where the players aren't making bank.

#GamerLife

More or less. At this point, I agree that the fee is reasonable. I'm just saying that we should fix the RAW regarding the things our group is selling on it's store page if they aren't really offered as implied.

"A Warlord Champion gets reduced prices for official Ordo Fanaticus events and Game Nights, and a forum badge indicating your prestigious status."

Can you fix the store page to reflect this?

At present, we've got this:

Strongly implies (if not directly saying) that it would apply to all the ordo fanaticus events.

I'm not trying to press the price down, I am the type that needs my rules clear, especially when you bother to write them down. Can you get this one re-worded to clarify what it applies to and what it doesn't apply to?

The open gaming is not an official OF event.  The events we run on those days are (and hence they each get a 20% discount), but the open gaming is just open gaming.   So no, we are not giving a 20% discount (which would be $1) for the open gaming and we are not planning on changing the description you quoted.

Thanks Burk

• Like 3