Anything better than skyrim out there?

Ugg...I really am too stubborn/tenacious to play Divinity Original Sin....

Okay, so I find an area where I keep getting killed, I figure my level isn't high enough. So, like any recent RPG, I just find an area with lower level critters and anhilate them until I level up, right? So this keeps happening and I've run out of areas. So then I start attacking the towns. Now, I find two areas with creatures with the "invulnerable" status constantly up. Okay, looks like I need to level more, that doesn't seem to be working. Finally, peek online....

I never would have guess that those OP creatures are really easy to sneak by... Anyway, I progress, but find a door I can't get by. In doing this, though, I do find some other things that let me keep going in other areas.

Finally, I'm like level 18 and I'm stuck. I check online. Turns out, the reason my "shelter plane" has had fireballs coming out of the ceiling is because there's a really easy quest I haven't done....And here I was thinking I just needed higher resistance to fireballs.

Anyway, solve that quest and I get to sit though like 4 cinematics and access a whole ton of areas that would have made the game so much easier....just fail.

This game isn't meant to be played the way I'm playing it. I am happy it hasn't crashed yet, or otherwise reached a point I can't progress in, but I'm certain this game will be better if I start over....

Oh, and 108 hours logged on steam...

• 2 weeks later...