OFCC Post Mortem

Thank you everyone I'm honored to have the opportunity to be a captain for the first time ever. I want to thank the organizers first for a thankless job, I want to give a shout out to the list rating committee members who tried to make the best of it. A special thanks goes out to my opponents who.tolerated my team of miscreants.

I would like to thank my team most of all, without you there would not be an OFCC, good job guys, a podium finish in the first year of playing is an honor you guys deserve.

• Like 1

To echo above, many thanks to Raindog, AgentP and the rest of the team for their hard work organizing the event, and for inviting our Dimensional Cascade Podcast team to attend. We all had an absolute blast, and hope our opponents did too. I for one had five outstanding games against five outstanding gentlemen who deserve individual shout-outs: Pete (Ordo Alpha), Art (Ordo Omega), Paul (BlackSheep), Juno (Scared Hitless), and Pete (CHOP!). It was an honor to meet and play you all.

And big thanks to my team, especially the inestimable Ricky Fischer whose gargantuan paint efforts dragged us up to the Best Overall podium. We're already planning something special for next year, and looking forward to many future OFCC's, as long as you'll have us  :smile:.

• Like 4

OK so I was in a hurry when I posted this so here are some more thoughts from a great event:

1) I thought the venue was terrific. Really easy to access the game hall, great location near food and other, well ventilated, and even allowed for some exposure to the public with interested passerby wondering what in the heck was going on.

2). I certainly am a better WFB player today than I was last week after getting 8 games in over the three days. My 8 opponents each provided me with some much needed education about the game, so thanks for that. They even let me win a few as well. Of particular note was Ricky Fischer and his completely awesome squig army who I was able to play a game with on Friday night. That army certainly ranks among the best I have ever seen and I've seen some pretty great ones. We had a great game and Ricky was nice enough to stay late so we could finish (cuz I'm not the fastest player in the world...but I'm learning)

3) How 'bout lil' ol' Team Grimdark? Our lil' gang sneaks onto the podium with solid sports scores (there are at least three guys that are fun on the team), solid paint scores, and a few of the other guys must have done reasonably well in battle scores to land us third place. Well done, gents!

• Like 1