OFCC Feedback

savion47

I believe you are joking but just in case they were from Vancouver and Sean should be very proud to be married to the drop dead one.

No offence Sean but your wife seems to be an amazing woman you lucky man.

On a funny note, during game three, she walked by, and did a double take when she looked at me, which caused me to do a double take at her, to which she replied with a smile and "You sent me a text." I said, "I think you got the wrong guy," to which she responded by pulling her phone out and showing the "selfie" Sean took of he and I during game two that he sent to her forthwith, subtitled "Sexy". PAHAHA!  :laugh:

edit: for reference:

10387700_814766451901211_317553738228843

• Like 3

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Vantucky was founded before hand but is very suburban feeling compared to Portland as Portland feels very suburban to cities like Seattle or Chicago.

I agree a more quite location would be nice but i like the distance from home not to cross the river.

Vancouver is not a suburb of Portland. We were  here first, and we mooch off of them a lot for jobs. That's it. Separate city and identity by far.

Come on, people live in Vancouver for its rediculous low housing tax but work and shop in Portland because we have the jobs and no sales tax. You guys cross the river to buy your groceries, so yeah different town that claims to be independent but relies on us to survive. :wink:

Come on, people live in Vancouver for its rediculous low housing tax but work and shop in Portland because we have the jobs and no sales tax. You guys cross the river to buy your groceries, so yeah different town that claims to be independent but relies on us to survive. :wink:

and how much does oregon get in my income taxes again?????

• Like 2

and how much does oregon get in my income taxes again?????

Oh don't sweat it, you don't hear Beaverton and Gresham complaining. We're all just one big metropolitan area, with different taxes and drivers licenses. We all play the same games and meet at WOW.

And honestly I am not even sure how much Oregon takes of my income taxes. I just like to see the returns to get more models.

?????

Didn't see much of that, but then again I live downtown and can tell you Portland is nothing. Ask the Seattle guys or any of us that lived east of the Rockies, Portland has it Easy compaired to other cities. I'm way more worried about rednecks than anyone with a dark completion. (Seriously seen way too many white trash fights in my life andI have never had a minority try to pick a fight with me, white trash a number of times. Poor saps.)

Seriously. I saw more sketchiness walking through Pioneer Square on my way to the bus on Friday than I did all weekend in Portland.

Also totally agree on the white trash thing :P

• Like 1

Oh don't sweat it, you don't hear Beaverton and Gresham complaining. We're all just one big metropolitan area, with different taxes and drivers licenses. We all play the same games and meet at WOW.

And honestly I am not even sure how much Oregon takes of my income taxes. I just like to see the returns to get more models.

difference is you see the benefits of those taxes.  I pay the same amount you do (% wise) but only get the benefit of the amazingly well maintained roads.  um....yeah.

Roads, police, laws and regulations to allow your employer to exist and continue to thrive, etc. Oh boy are we hitting RoC territory. :)

Indeed. I blame Burk for starting towards and RoC thread. I would love to see the discussion of this taken there.'

Keep up with the feedback survey though. Lots of great responses coming in!

• Like 1

Burk I was just playing and having fun only. I was more poking fun at the other Vancouvernites I know. I have no problem with Vancouver.

My point was that the Lloyd is not a perfect area but a venue in the Portland city is still a great idea to me. Vancouver is just really inconvenient for me. But I am Metrophile.

As for the taxes I am sure Raindog loves his paycheck and we have that awsome I-5 bridge.... Cough.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

difference is you see the benefits of those taxes. I pay the same amount you do (% wise) but only get the benefit of the amazingly well maintained roads. um....yeah.

It's called job creation/security. If you actually fix the roads...

however, let me add that if someone runs an OFCC style event outside of PDX area, I know a certain senate that will put together a team....we want to play too and often dont get to at this style of event.....hell we can help out with ideas and how we plan it, I might even let you see scores  :biggrin:

• Like 3