(copied from the cog collective forum. Given that I enjoy feedback, seemed logical to try for feedback from more than one venue. Also, allows the ordo warmahordes section to seem more busy... :) )

A long while since I played last. I intend to be at GG tonight, I'll be bringing this list:

Rhyas

-2x Shredder

-2x Stinger

-4x Harrier

-Proteus

Throne

Throne

Thrullg

Thrullg

Feralgeist

Forsaken

Forsaken

50pts

Work in progress, very much so. Rhyas is proxied by a beast mistress, GG doesn't have one in stock, but it's ordered. I do have her card(s). Other models are owned.

Idea is that rhyas can move through those thrones and her feat could be pretty nasty with the thrones (assuming huge bases can be "placed"). This allows the thrones to serve both as shields and as attacking threats. The harriers can also move through the thrones, and even advance back through the thrones after attacking, so some interesting potential there. I think true strike combined with Rhyas' feat could be pretty impressive. 

Thrullgs (or, perhaps, thrullgi) are included mostly because I think they are cool. They are also pretty nasty against certain opponents. Although I can't boost them, they can hide behind the thrones while providing their anti-magic aura. They very much add to my moving wall concept. These are fearless, so no conflicts with my abominations.

Forsaken are for additional fury management, but also for their fun burst power, which I've found quite useful. Abomination isn't very impressive, but is a nice passive defense that is useful occasionally.

I love the stingers, which actually could be pretty mean when combined with Rhyas' spell to transfer MAT and RAT scores. Good character and warbeast assassins

Shredders are mostly to buff the thrones. 

Proteus is included for three reasons. First, rhyas has a limited control radius, and his herding ability presents some flexibility to this limitation. Second would be because I only have two heavy beasts at the moment, him and ravagore, and I like this one more. Third is silly, but I just wanted to keep the "tentacle" theme to my army, as I've got three different models with tentacles...

Lastly, feralgeist is here for only one reason. I had a game a while back, where one of my key issues was a lack of ability to snag objectives early on, mostly because of my slow moving tower formation. Being incorpreal, he's an annoying bug that's hard to deal with for most rank and file enemies.

Got two games in. First against Retribution with calvary warcaster, second against Convergence with angel caster. First game was a mean way to learn a new caster, but very educational. I was too timid, with much of the loss being related to lack of aggressive playing. Second game still wasn't agressive enough, but was improved over the last one.

For unit by unit analysis:

Rhyas: I love this caster, she really fits my legion, but I need to be much more agressive with her. First game saw no combat, as I was fearful of her fragile body. Last game, after loss was pretty clear, I charged that convergeance buckler heavy vector and wiped it with my caster...I felt pretty stupid here, as I've been far too concerned with her lack of durability, she is a combat monster. I do need a unit or two to shield her. Including more faction warrior models would be very practical with this caster, though I don't think it's required.

Thrones: I very much like them, and they are fun, but I ran into the same issue with them and Rhyas' feat: I can't place them if the opponent has models surrounding the model I charge. Base is just too large. They are otherwise a great combination. I may drop 1 or both from the list to make room for more beasts/units.

Proteus: Much more impressive with Rhyas than with my old caster, beth. Rhyas has a limited control range and proteus with herding, is a brilliant addition. The shared MAT and RAT spell is also pretty impressive on Proteus.

Thrullg: Was iffy about them and mostly including for theme/cool factor reasons, but they proved themselves quite well these games. I was very impressed with this unit and it really does make my opponents think about their spells more. In the first game, there was a potentially game changing event, where one of the thrullgs charged then enemy caster and missed due to below average rolling - if he hit, synergy would have expired which would have been quite a game changer.

Forsaken: Not very effective these games, but only because of how much threat the opponent's knew they presented. I'm beginning to see an alternate theme of my army, being an army that "messes" with my opponent. The forsaken did manage fury like champions.

Harriers: In a word, Amazing. Absolutely great. I do need to find the points to add one of my legion options that allows them to charge without spending fury, because I want to be able to ensure I can boost the second attack generated via Rhyas' feat.

Stingers: As expected, not very effective against warjacks and other constructs. Going to free up 1 more point to replace with terraph, as I like the dig-in rule for tanking defense. We'll try that.

Shredders: Impressive and certainly worth their points. Not sure if I need these attached to my caster, I may try them attached to a beast mistress instead.

Feralgeist: Worked fine for intended role of grabbing objectives. Not sure if I'll include again or not, but he did do his job well.

For more gereral, I'm typically outnumbered because my opponents feature more units than I do. I either need my own units, or I need more crowd controlling abilities/attacks. I also need more units able to deal with heavy warjacks, as they are presently one of my biggest challenges.

• 3 years later...

Is it okay to necro my own thread? Seemed more practical than creating a new thread. Last post 2014...

Anyway, Got back into this one enough to start painting again and got some new models for my birthday. Paint scheme is the same as my tyranids for 40k, though some Red clothes and dark silver armor bits (tyranids are naked).

Thagrosh1 and Ammok:

WP_20180925_15_18_04_Pro.thumb.jpg.5aeaf6a985a70ddd4476b22f27bf6633.jpg

WP_20180925_15_17_37_Pro.thumb.jpg.7ab31e5110cbdbd5b0c7d4bcac2ce23c.jpg

Obviously, need to go back over the "back arc" white on Ammok, and need to add one for Thagrosh, then I need to get the flock/basing done, but they've reach the "good enough" stage for painting.

Presently, I'm trying to paint up this:

https://conflictchamber.com/#ca201baCbvaMaMaMkNkNkBcococohWhW

Legion Army - 75 / 75 points

[Thagrosh 1] Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight [+28]
 - Naga Nightlurker [8]
 - Raek [8]
 - Raek [8]
 - Raek [8]
 - Scythean [16]
 - Scythean [16]
 - Ammok the Truthbearer [4]
Spell Martyr [1]