WFB OFCC team results

Burk

FaildCharge: I would NEVER give a favorite opponent pin or a high sports rating to someone who brought the Chaos Dwarf army, just my opinion. I feel it is an exclusive army that is NOT part of the common rule set. I feel the same way about any of the FAN made books online. I was thrilled that I didnt see any NORSE or DOW this year. I think its just too much to ask players to have to learn about those armies during the game. Too many mistakes and oversights are made in the game anyway, we dont need obscure books that arent available commonly in game stores.

That's racist.

• Like 2

FaildCharge: I would NEVER give a favorite opponent pin or a high sports rating to someone who brought the Chaos Dwarf army, just my opinion. I feel it is an exclusive army that is NOT part of the common rule set. I feel the same way about any of the FAN made books online. I was thrilled that I didnt see any NORSE or DOW this year. I think its just too much to ask players to have to learn about those armies during the game. Too many mistakes and oversights are made in the game anyway, we dont need obscure books that arent available commonly in game stores. 

Its not obscure when every tournament i have played in this summer has allowed them and they are accounted for in swedish comp.  I would argue that right now beastmen are a more obscure army because you rarely see them.  I dont play chaos dwarves so no personal bias here either.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

This is not a tournament and folks who play at ofcc aren't your normal tournament goer. So your argument may not apply the way you are stating.

With that said I understand the sentiment but if is list difficulty that makes or breaks my decision.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Again you assume ofcc is a coherent community and think how many clubs show up? Many different communities show up and some don't play fw or fan dexes.

My chaos dwarf opponent received my favorite opponent pin.  This happened with the OFCC open and the OFCC team challenge.  Both players were extremely cool.  They had great attitudes, offered great conversation, beautiful looking armies, and the games were just epic, IMO.  As for the rules, I found nothing hard to understand about them.  I asked the questions I needed to before we started and we went at it.  I asked the same questions a few times; however, I warned them ahead of time I may do that as I was unfamiliar with a few of the things they had.

They had some shooting, but nothing over the top, had some bull centaurs, had a K'dai, and had some dwarves.  The K'dai, after playing against three of them, didn't even seem all that bad.  They didn't do a whole heck of a lot in the games I played against them and I would much rather have an hell pit abomination.

Why is, was, there sooooo much hate for the chaos dwarves?

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I am not hating on chaos dwarves. And I don't think it is hate on chaos dwarves from others it is more just the generality of allow armies out of the norm, or hating the unknown as it is harder to get the information.

Yeah their might be more chaos dwarf players than beastmen but I can get beastmen rules easier. Accessibility can impact ones feels toward an army. Some might take to the extreme of out right disliking then and penalizing players for it.

I take no sides but just chiming in because I saw gross generalizations.

Again, everyone had the option to ask about rules in their opponent's army.  I had the same issue with my dwarf army.   I played several games where I would hand over my list and my opponent would take the paper, look at it, and toss it to the side.  Then during the game would be like, "what, it has what on it".

It can't be secluded to only chaos dwarf armies is my main thing.

Chaos dwarves are also an official GW army, though they are made by forge world. It says it right in the rules for them. Not pinning someone or marking them down solely based on the army they played or because it seemed stronger than you feel comfortable playing ironically seems like bad sports to me. That's just my personal opinion.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Its Ian. I've heard this argument many time prior. If you crush your opponent then they will mark you down in sports. This to some extent has been true in many tournaments I've been too. (I've been playing the tournament scene for 20years now eeek). However teams like Nut Punch show this trend can be bucked. I honestly feel the system is not broken. For teams that win alot and use powerful armies and hard played tactics the games themselves can be less enjoyable. Our team played CHOP! and we went 50/50 with them. (Hell I pulled out a pretty damn big win). 

Out of my 4 games I recieved 4 Pins. 3Pins from players I had big wins against and 1Pin from my devastating loss (which was still a fun game). One tip to players who are Win often and win big with powerhouse armies its not just about being nice. Its about playing within theme of your army and throwing a guy a bone. Since I was playing the Nugle WOC army of foot troop love I made a point to do the following.

1. Chaos always charges if in range! Who cares what the target is. Lets go Kill 'em!

2. Chaos NEVER flees for any reason outside of loosing combat then they should all die!

3. The big guy always makes and accepts chalenged. My Nurgle lord would never let a chamption accept a challenge. Bah!

4. Remember to yell.. ALOT.. like all of it.

5. If I destroy someone they get beer STAT!

6. Its a game, do stupid things and most of all shoot for 6 full turns. I have in the past ignore the win conditions and continued playing and accept a draw or loss. I'm her to play Warhammer damn it. Not set my army up, win in turn three and packup! (I've never ever won by breakpoint on anything less than turn 6).

If you can win and get a high sports of favored opponent you win warhammer. If you Win and are getting low sports take a long hard look at how you play, how your army works and make ajustments. Your army should be fun to play against reguardless of result.

I must say I had 5 fab games of warhammer against 5 brilliant chaps. Can't wait till next year!

With love

-Ian

• Like 7

Hey guys. Its Ian. I've heard this argument many time prior. If you crush your opponent then they will mark you down in sports. This to some extent has been true in many tournaments I've been too. (I've been playing the tournament scene for 20years now eeek). However teams like Nut Punch show this trend can be bucked. I honestly feel the system is not broken. For teams that win alot and use powerful armies and hard played tactics the games themselves can be less enjoyable. Our team played CHOP! and we went 50/50 with them. (Hell I pulled out a pretty damn big win). 

Out of my 4 games I recieved 4 Pins. 3Pins from players I had big wins against and 1Pin from my devastating loss (which was still a fun game). One tip to players who are Win often and win big with powerhouse armies its not just about being nice. Its about playing within theme of your army and throwing a guy a bone. Since I was playing the Nugle WOC army of foot troop love I made a point to do the following.

1. Chaos always charges if in range! Who cares what the target is. Lets go Kill 'em!

2. Chaos NEVER flees for any reason outside of loosing combat then they should all die!

3. The big guy always makes and accepts chalenged. My Nurgle lord would never let a chamption accept a challenge. Bah!

4. Remember to yell.. ALOT.. like all of it.

5. If I destroy someone they get beer STAT!

6. Its a game, do stupid things and most of all shoot for 6 full turns. I have in the past ignore the win conditions and continued playing and accept a draw or loss. I'm her to play Warhammer damn it. Not set my army up, win in turn three and packup! (I've never ever won by breakpoint on anything less than turn 6).

If you can win and get a high sports of favored opponent you win warhammer. If you Win and are getting low sports take a long hard look at how you play, how your army works and make ajustments. Your army should be fun to play against reguardless of result.

I must say I had 5 fab games of warhammer against 5 brilliant chaps. Can't wait till next year!

With love

-Ian

Well said!  The only reason you didn't end up with 5 pins was that my last game barely edged out ours for pure fun.

• Like 1

Again, I repeat I am not releasing scores, but I would expect you would take my word for it as I have spent numerous hours in that spreadsheet and it is about fav opp pins...just like painting was about the fav army votes.  

I will say that I am thinking about capping the bonus points on these, but again, it comes down to each year assessing and making a tweek for next year....it will never be perfect, but each year we get a little closer to a great system.

and no I am not releasing scores  :laugh:

BTW, Did I mention scores will not be released.

Hey Burk, were you going to release the scores?  :)

i dont understand the hate for chaos dwarfs... they were once GW and forgeworld is also owned by the same conglomerate and they have a straightforward rulebook.  Chaos dwarfs are also an army difficult for comp cause they have a few super good builds and then have a pretty big dropoff.  CD are also just as popular as a few GW armies and psst forgeworld has darn good looking models.  swedish next year should help next year..