Green Tide at LVO Battle Reports / Discussion (For fluger!)

pretre

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/635005.page

Here's his list:

LIST ONE: The Green Tide (V. Final) 

* "Green Tide Formation" 
94x Boyz 
6x Nobz with Klaws 

* Warboss warlord 
* 'Eavy Armour 
Power Klaw 

Orks: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) Selections: 

HQ + 
* Warboss 
Gift: Da Lucky Stikk , 
* 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole 
Power Klaw 

* Painboy 

+ Elites + 

* 9x Tankbusta 

* 10x Tankbusta 

+ Troops + 
* 10x Gretchin 
* Runtherd 

* 10x Gretchin 
* Runtherd 

+ Fast Attack + 
* Deffkopta 
Choppa, Twin-linked Rokkits 

+ Heavy Support + 
* Gun Wagon Squad 
* Gun Wagon 
1x TL Big Shoota, Boarding Plank, Reinforced Ram 
* Gun Wagons 
1x TL Big Shoota, Boarding Plank, Reinforced Ram 

* Mek Gunz 
3x Ammo Runt 
* 2x Kustom Mega-kannon w/ Grots 
* 1x Traktor Kannon w/ Grots 

* Mek Gunz 
3x Ammo Runt 
* 2x Kustom Mega-kannon w/ Grots 
* 1x Traktor Kannon w/ Grots 

+ Fortification + 
* Void Shield Generator w/ 3 Shields 

• Like 1

IA2

HS - 90 points, 12/11/10 HP:3 BS2 Tank, Open Topped. TL Big Shoota, 10 capacity. Kannon +10, Zzap +10, Lobba +5,Armoured Top +8

Armour Plates, Big Grabba, Boarding Plank, Grot Riggers, Searchlight, RPJ, Reinforced Ram, Spikes n'blade, Stikkbomb Chukka, Turbo-boosta, Wrecker Ball

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Good point on the koptas, I guess with that being said a duo doesn't seem like a bad number but more than a pair and you are losing more than you want. I see most thing that can kill a kopta is likely to kill two. But with a pair you have a chance of out flanking and killing side or rear armour in backfield.

Well that's certainly interesting then:)

Just finished up collecting the bodies for my Green Tide last summer but started taking a break from my Orks,not sure if I want to run them with the VSG though...

Even though its certainly within the rules it just seems a bit un-Orky, of maybe its just that I don't like the idea of the 12" bubble being extended across the entire table because the rules are written that way.I guess im just hung up on that whole realism thing.

What I think would be really cool is if the KFF was a unit wide Void shield "light" so to speak,like av 10 or something with 2 charges.

With the VSG being more accepted I can see some uses maybe with blob AM or maybe even Nids making use of it

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Yeah I'm no fan of vsg either I think it is a bit of a joke. I think I could swallow it if kff was treated the same.

Consider they are nearly the same cost. They both have their perks but i think vsg is better because it can shut down whole units.

Even though its certainly within the rules it just seems a bit un-Orky, of maybe its just that I don't like the idea of the 12" bubble being extended across the entire table because the rules are written that way.I guess im just hung up on that whole realism thing.

Not sure if you missed the discussion about this on the OFCC page:  http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/24090-itc-faq-and-why-i-hate-it/

Realism in a game of space marines, space orks, space elves, etc. is probably a tough goal. :)

LOL,So I live in my own little REALISTIC Fantasy world..whats wrong with that!!

OK,bad choice of words for it...I would just like to see the GT be viable without having to use a ruling on a shielding model to get there.Such are the rules we have to work with though.

Thanx for the thread link Fluger,I didn't catch that one...haven't visited the OFCC forums much,im still in limbo as to if I can attend or not with it being during the Summer this year,heh.

• Like 1