Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Anyone else have dreams about GW models that don't exist? I get them every once in a while. So disappointing. Sometimes they are well painted minis and other times they are fully realised kits on sprues. And then I wake to learn that those models don't exist and never have.

Sad to not have it when I wake, but I also enjoy the experience. 

At the grocery store. Seeing some kids in carts got me thinking. It's basically a cage. Yet children in carts is cute, while children in cages is repulsive...funny how the mind works. Same thing, just wildly different reaction.  

There is a distinct difference in your cages pax. One has wheels and the other doesn't. Kids in a wheeled cage allows for lots of fun and shenanigans while the wife tries to shop. Kids in a cage without wheels, in a closet behind 3 closed doors, allows for 5 minutes of peace and quiet so I can drink my coffee hot in the morning...   It's all a matter of perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

There is a distinct difference in your cages pax. One has wheels and the other doesn't. Kids in a wheeled cage allows for lots of fun and shenanigans while the wife tries to shop. Kids in a cage without wheels, in a closet behind 3 closed doors, allows for 5 minutes of peace and quiet so I can drink my coffee hot in the morning...   It's all a matter of perspective. 

5 minutes? Your kids are slackers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On November 8, 2017 at 12:27 PM, paxmiles said:

At the grocery store. Seeing some kids in carts got me thinking. It's basically a cage. Yet children in carts is cute, while children in cages is repulsive...funny how the mind works. Same thing, just wildly different reaction.  

Mentioned this one to my mom. She Contends that a Shopping cart, Crib and stroller aren't cages, because the isn't keeping the kid in, but keeping the kid from falling out. She says a Playpen is definitely a cage.

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Mentioned this one to my mom. She Contends that a Shopping cart, Crib and stroller aren't cages, because the isn't keeping the kid in, but keeping the kid from falling out. She says a Playpen is definitely a cage.

You must have been very well behaved, Pax.  I know *lots* of parents who use a Shopping Cart as means of restraint when a child is running the aisles picking up every shiny that catches their fancy.  Most just figure the drop is enough threat that they don't have to put a roof or lid on the cart.  :tongue:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Duckman said:

You must have been very well behaved, Pax.  I know *lots* of parents who use a Shopping Cart as means of restraint when a child is running the aisles picking up every shiny that catches their fancy.  Most just figure the drop is enough threat that they don't have to put a roof or lid on the cart.  :tongue:

Well, mostly, we liked riding on the outside of the cart (like hanging off the front). But, yeah at least physically, I've always been rather well behaved. Verbally, I'm still the same kid too, so I'd debate/argue with anyone, question everything, and often disbelieve people when they give their answers.... 

Though the big change is that my social skills have gotten a lot better. Yeah, they were much worse before.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Raindog said:

So my wife is in the kitchen cooking. She usually has a show on her laptop on as she works. She is watching DC Legends of Tomorrow. Suddenly, she starts screaming, “Shoot him! Shoot him again!...... Ahhhhhhh...... Pick up the gun! ......Ahhhhhh. Too much speechifying! ..Just shoot them!”

We watched the first episode of Fringe years ago where *spoiler alert* everybody turns to jello on the passenger plane.

The first words out of my wife's mouth were "kill it with fire!".

It was a perfect moment.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1