Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Signs that say things like "This area prohibited to unauthorized persons" or something like that are redundant. All areas are prohibited to unauthorized persons. It's just that most people are authorized for most places, in general. It would make more sense to say something like "specific authorization required to enter this area".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

“Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand.” 
― Aldous Huxley

• Haha 1

From my oldest:

my parents play d&d with some of their friends and i’m listening to the women in the group rate my dad’s last dungeon crawl like it’s up there on fantasy yelp… “0/4 stars. we all almost DIED and we got NO treasure which is the point of a dungeon crawl. would not recommend”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Idea for a film: 

Peaceful, kind Aliens show up in their space ships with good intentions, but because they are so alien they don't understand the critical mistake of all their ships being shaped like giant swastikas....so we attack them pre-emptivetily and fight a giant war - one entirely started because we judged them on appearences.....lol

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Idea for a film: 

Peaceful, kind Aliens show up in their space ships with good intentions, but because they are so alien they don't understand the critical mistake of all their ships being shaped like giant swastikas....so we attack them pre-emptivetily and fight a giant war - one entirely started because we judged them on appearences.....lol

Wait, isn't that the story of the 19, 20, & 21st centuries?

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Idea for a film: 

I refer you to Iron Sky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My from my daughter's tumblr.....

• me [reading menu]: mom, what's makes a margarita a margarita other than tequila and salt? 
  • mom: well, this is a blended margarita, so it's basically a slurpee with fruit juice and ice 
  • dad: IT IS NOT A SLURPEE 
  • mom: okay, then what is it? 
  • dad: ... IT'S NOT A SLURPEE, OKAY?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, DasBox said:

So I'm noticing a rise in injuries around me since starting my Laymen First Responder training. I mean, ok universe I know I carry a first aid kit most places but that doesn't mean you can just mangle people and expect me to clean up. 

With great power comes great responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're so fascinated with zombies...
With the gap between lower & middle class decreasing and the gap between middle & upper class increasing:

Are they predicting the lower & middle class raising up against the rich, which the rich pay mercs to protect them?? (IE everyone rising up against the rich)

8 hours ago, Romans832 said:

We're so fascinated with zombies...
With the gap between lower & middle class decreasing and the gap between middle & upper class increasing:

Are they predicting the lower & middle class raising up against the rich, which the rich pay mercs to protect them?? (IE everyone rising up against the rich)

That's been the basis of dystopian fiction for years.  Of more interest is to note that sales of dystopian fiction have dropped like a rock (because more and more of the middle class feel like they are living it and it is no longer escapist fiction or just can't afford books in general?).  I'll stop there because this has a way of turning random thoughts into Realm of Chaos fodder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1