Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

9 hours ago, WestRider said:

Nature documentaries are weird. I would never have imagined someone saying things like "There is no escape for the sardines now" with such intensity.

Yeah, but nature is a hoot and some people learn to appreciate it...

One of my peers back in the Astronomy department at UW had a great comment...  When asked why he studied meteors and meteorites his answer was 

It's the only field in the world where you can put up a graph with a line on it labelled "pine forests around the world ignite"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Duckman said:

Yeah, but nature is a hoot and some people learn to appreciate it...

One of my peers back in the Astronomy department at UW had a great comment...  When asked why he studied meteors and meteorites his answer was 

Oh, yeah, I'm totally grooving on them. There are just some lines that feel...I dunno, a little too over the top or something.

• Like 1

Netflix now has somewhat detailed content warnings on movies with violent or sexual content or something. You know, gore, adult situations, etc. I watched one the other day that had a warning for "language". Not "adult language", or "explicit language", or "foul language", or anything like that. Just "language". Seems like that should be on almost everything they've got, just leaving out stuff like Pingu or Shaun the Sheep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, WestRider said:

Netflix now has somewhat detailed content warnings on movies with violent or sexual content or something. You know, gore, adult situations, etc. I watched one the other day that had a warning for "language". Not "adult language", or "explicit language", or "foul language", or anything like that. Just "language". Seems like that should be on almost everything they've got, just leaving out stuff like Pingu or Shaun the Sheep.

Makes me wonder how long until someone rebrands Silent Movies as a new thing.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:34 PM, Munkie said:

I wonder if not using one's turn signal is a marker for sociopathy...

Almost certainly. 

From my bicycling perspective, cars not using turn signals (or stopping at stop signs) is so very normal I don't think it would qualify as any sort of mental disorder.

Was thinking today would probably be a good day to buy a ton of matches and NOT end up on a government watch list.

Didn't do it, but it was a random thought earlier today.

59 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Was thinking today would probably be a good day to buy a ton of matches and NOT end up on a government watch list.

Didn't do it, but it was a random thought earlier today.

The whole couple of weeks leading up to the 4th would probably be pretty good for that purchase, honestly.

• Like 1