Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

15 minutes ago, Ish said:

Changing topics: Is it just me or are laundromat dryers really, really, really inefficient? I swear, it takes me three times as long (and thus many more quarters) to get a load dry in a laundromat than it does at home.

No, I have no empirical evidence of this and have not bothered to actually research it. I’m stuck at the laundromat and feel the need to vent.

I like to tell myself that it's the cost of doing magic.

When I used to work at dominos, I'd have to drop off all the filthy, sauce, cornmeal, and cheese scabbed aprons once or twice a week at the the laundromat across the street. Sometimes I wondered if they were secretly just burning the aprons en masse and just had a stash of brand new ones in the back. They were pristine.

I'm fortunate enough to have a washer/dryer apartment but the amount of effort it puts into it is embarrassing at times. It's the mechanical equivalent to scraping at it with your thumbnail, only soggier. 

The dryers in the laundry room in my basement take ages. They're a 72 minute cycle base, and it's sometimes necessary to add extra time. When I was taking care of my grandmother, I would sometimes take laundry up there, and her dryer would get the same load dry in 30-40 minutes.

And yet, despite that, I've had the dryers here scorch some of my stuff, which I've never had happen anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Ish said:

The Domino’s I used to manage had a washer/dryer ;all in one!) for the hand towels and a laundry service that picked up our aprons and floor mats weekly.

The laundry service is definitely the way to go. After we moved locations, they got a washer/dryer stack. Except people would take their aprons off, bundle them up because they're gross after a dinner rush, and chuck them in the washer. They'd come out still filthy because bundled up things dont get clean. And they'd be daisy chained together what with all the straps. 

It's not worth the savings.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:01 PM, dalmer said:

(if any of the law enforcement topic continues in RoC please let me know so i can ask to sign up for that forum)

Not getting into it, but there is a topic about supreme court justices in RoC now. And you could always start something new. Though this whole topic feels awkward, since Raindog seems be be being used a lot, despite him providing no comments at all...

I don't think we have a section for quoting the unsaid intentions of other forum members. 

11 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Not getting into it, but there is a topic about supreme court justices in RoC now. And you could always start something new. Though this whole topic feels awkward, since Raindog seems be be being used a lot, despite him providing no comments at all...

I don't think we have a section for quoting the unsaid intentions of other forum members. 

Yeah, holler when/if the police thing comes up... especially use of force.

I've been police since 1995, am a certified police tactics and use of force expert and I'm happy to at least spread knowledge so folks have accurate information instead of kinda sorta things.  Anything to help so folks are informed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

General rule of thumb, learned from years of being a paralegal and married to an attorney: never believe anything you see on television (especially television news) about the legal system. 

I agree, and I think most people would also agree.

But they also get really upset at fox news for not being accurate.... 😋 

9 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Yeah, or just unconscious thought in general. Dreams or nightmares might qualify, but only those you don't control. Meh....

Thinking about it more. Can you be unconsciously bored about something that you are unconsciously experiencing?

Or is boredom limited to conscious thought?

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Thinking about it more. Can you be unconsciously bored about something that you are unconsciously experiencing?

Or is boredom limited to conscious thought?

I had a dream where I was stuck waiting at an airport, and in it I was bored. Not sure if that counts as actual boredom, but I'm in no hurry to have that dream again...

• Like 1