Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

3 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Dragons aren't a problem, I'm like level 70. I just was not expecting to one hit KO an Ancient Dragon with my first enchantment.  

Realistically, this is just going to help me grind quests faster due to not having to run back to town so often. 

I should start playing skyrim again. I burnt out a while ago, but I really haven't found anything better in the meantime.

I found, if the goal is to make dragons challenging, Sword and Board makes for the most epic hero vs dragon battles. With a bow or magic, dragons are just too easy in skyrim.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiddling with army builder. It's fluffy, but it looks really unpleasant to face.

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [68 PL, 980pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Khorne

+ HQ +

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage [17 PL, 260pts]: Armour of Scorn, Warlord

Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster [17 PL, 240pts]

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [16 PL, 250pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Khorne

+ HQ +

Karanak [4 PL, 70pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Flesh Hounds [4 PL, 60pts]: 4x Flesh Hound

++ Questor Traitoris Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Renegade Knights) [43 PL, 763pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 162pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Heavy stubber, Thermal spear and Reaper chain-cleaver

Renegade Armigers [9 PL, 162pts]
. Renegade Armiger: Heavy stubber, Thermal spear and Reaper chain-cleaver

Renegade Knight [25 PL, 439pts]: Character, Heavy stubber, Thermal cannon, Thermal cannon

++ Total: [127 PL, 1993pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

List can attempt to deny 6 psychic powers per turn

Couldn't remember my own phone number this morning.

Fortunately, I planned for this and have a profile for myself stored in the phone. Though I am worried that one day I won't remember where I backed it up.

TIL that U2’s frontman, Bono, is really named Paul Hewson and he’s been happily married to the same woman, Alison Hewson, since 1982.

I’m not much for following (or really caring about) celebrities’ private lives. But, it’s no secret that Hollywood actors and rock stars often have relationships that go sour faster than a gallon of milk in the Arizona desert. So when I find out that one of them has been in a happy relationship since before they became an internationally famous mega-star... Well, I dunno, it just kinda warms my cold, misanthropic heart a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ish said:

TIL that U2’s frontman, Bono, is really named Paul Hewson and he’s been happily married to the same woman, Alison Hewson, since 1982.

I’m not much for following (or really caring about) celebrities’ private lives. But, it’s no secret that Hollywood actors and rock stars often have relationships that go sour faster than a gallon of milk in the Arizona desert. So when I find out that one of them has been in a happy relationship since before they became an internationally famous mega-star... Well, I dunno, it just kinda warms my cold, misanthropic heart a bit.

The one I really like in that regard is that Robert Smith, from The Cure. Still married to his High School girlfriend.

On a different note, I've been seeing these "property is theft" stickers up on various walls and posts and such around here. I'm kind of curious how the people putting them up square that philosophy with paying $5+shipping per sheet of 20. Hot Topic Anarchists, man...

• Like 1

I remember my high school years as a Hot Topic Anarchist... Of course, that was before Hot Topic, so I was more of a thrift store anarchist. Then in my junior year, I decided to be “edgy” and write my term paper on the anarchist philosophy.

Lemme tell ya, actually reading Bakunin, Goldman, Proudhon, Chomsky, and the rest of the major anarchist philosophers was probably the biggest influence in my political thought. I ran so far to the opposite end of the spectrum sooo fast...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ish said:

Also every member of U2 is still in their first band.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Yarbicus said:

Also every member of U2 is still in their first band.

Well, technically they were "Feedback" and then "The Hype" before they became U2. They also had two members who left the band fairly early on, all four people in the band have been there since day one, but the band sort of has two Pete Best's. (One of whom is The Edge's older brother!)

• Like 1