Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

On 1/26/2019 at 7:10 AM, InfestedKerrigan said:

Anarchy for Sale!

23 hours ago, WestRider said:

The revolution will be merchandised.

22 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

30 minutes ago, Munkie said:

The pithy punchline on the graphic tee?

I've never heard that song. Who's the artist?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Munkie said:

His least annoying role.

I dunno...  He was in Leverage as well and if you look at that series, the whole dang thing is rife with STtNG nepotism.  I kinda thought that Chaos was right in line with the rest of the (over) acting in that series.  He played very well with Eliot, Parker and Hardison.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WestRider said:

He was pretty solid in Python. That said, his role there was basically just to be eaten by a snake, so take it with a pinch of salt.

...Which is exactly the same recipe the python cook book recommends for eating Will Wheaton.

More like Wil Eaten, am I right? 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Learned what "thunder thighs" means.

I always dismissed it as one of those compliments I don't really understand. But watching Hulu and Peter in family guy used it on Meg, and Peter is always insulting Meg, so it occurred to me that it might not be a compliment and I looked it up

Apparently it's both a compliment and an insult. It either denotes an overweight person as being sexy, or it insults a person by calling them overweight.

Term references the noise made when fat on theighs slaps against other fat on thighs while the overweight person walks. A bit of an exaggeration to call it thunder, but it works.

14 minutes ago, Munkie said:

I would recommend not using it as a compliment if you're ever considering it.

The chances of it being received as a compliment are......slim.

I'd say the person suggesting it might be a compliment is really a troll looking to see how stupid men are.  (Not Pax but the one in the source he mentioned.)

On 3/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, Raindog said:

Per my teen age daughter: Cargo shorts are ugly.

There are no exceptions.

I agree....but that wouldn't stop me from wearing them. 

That said, had a bad instance where my wallet was in the cargo short pockets and (I guess) it fell out while I was running. Big hassle to replace. Got rid of all my cargo shorts then and there. Not worth the risk. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, VonVilkee said:

Touche but carrying pocket items well away from sitting flex or contact points was/ is wonderful

When you have a kid(s) and don't want to carry around a giant bag of kid stuff, cargo pockets let you carry the bare essentials. That is worth every "not cool" comment ever. Function over fashion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1