The Pinkertons advanced on the Salamander line, breaking through to the Company Command. The Salamander Captain accompanied by his Ancient and his Apothecary, leading a detachment of Devastators, bringing no less than 16 Lascannons and Missile Launchers to bare on the Renegade Knights. Further support for the Loyalists found itself in a Predator Annihilator and a blessed Knight Porphyrion. 

As the smoke of the advance cleared, the Acheron came around a guard tower to find the Porphyrion arming its massive magna lascannons. Recognizing the threat, all three renegades began firing all weapons on the massive Knight cresting the ruins of the inner wall. Khorne, bringer of blood that he is, sent forth an enraged Bloodthirster to do battle with the demititan, staggering it back, but returning to the Warp as it's position left it open to the death bringing fire power of the Devastators. As fire from the Acherons inferno cannon raced across the larger Knights armor, the nimble Cerastus crumbled before the fury of the Porphyrions full arsenal. 

Redoubling their efforts, and advancing towards the remaining walls housing the Salamander Dev Squads, the remaining two Knights heroically sauntered forward, shrugging off all but a few well placed shots, laying down a barrage of bolt cannons into their larger adversary, critically damaging its targeting systems.

Locating the Dev Squad positions, the Castigator launched its assault, driving squads back. 

The Crusader, steadfast warrior, staring down the barrels of the Porphyrion, trading shots with a beast that surely meant the grave for the traitor, scored the final critical hit to the reactor, barely surviving the head on confrontation with the larger Knight and the Annihilator.

Moments later, the Standard of the Ancient, and the valiant Captain of the Salamanders fell to the rain of metal spewing from the tireless guns on the two remaining renegades as Bloodletters began climbing up the walls.

Blood ran. Khorne rejoiced. Pinkertons triumphed. Resources were needed in this new age.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

He didn't last long, but his potential, especially with CP usage is great. I think a second is near in my future. You know, alongside that Knight Warden, and the next FW order, and the motorcycle, and the.....

... and the never ending tide of models that appears over years of gaming. Yea I feel ya.

I kinda want to get another thirster too, but I don't even use the one I have so seems like a waste. I'm more of a Nurgle kinda guy.

I was reading through the entirety of this thread, seems like you played in the 40k league I started. Hopefully we can get something like that going here in the future.

Planning on playing again Sunday. One guy wants to get a game against the Knights. Will probably run the same list again if that's the case. I should build a 1 Knight and a 2 Knight list as well. Which is basically 500 and 1000 pt replacements.  Gotta decide how to do it. Thinking about the plague marines from the starter, but they are on sprue. Hmm.

Best I can tell, he ran:

9 PL Eldrad

7 PL Wraithlord w flamers, brightlance, ghost glaive

9 PL Karandras

5 PL 3 Windriders w Cannons

15 PL 3x 5 man squads of Striking Scorps w Power Fists

10 PL 2x 5 man squads Warp Spiders

20 PL 4x 3 man Dark Reapers, 2w Tempest, 2w Reaper

Diagonal deployment, Tact Objectives.  He was nervous about going against triple Knights, so I brought a Rage Thirster and Bloat Drone instead of the Acheron. He was still a little nervous and worried I wasn't going to have a good time. We didn't play any ITC rulings. 

By the end of the game, the Bloat Drone and a reaper squad are all that remained. I Scored first blood, slay the warlord, and linebreaker. He scored slay the warlord. Tact Obj score at end of game was 13 to 14, his win. He rolled big game hunter turn 5 and 6, scoring 5 or 6 pts there, otherwise would've been my game. 

I tried to focus on playing to the mission, rather than Kill em All, which I kinda wanted to do. But he was playing a catious game, not sure how to handle them early game, dividing his fire. If he'd focused fire, I'd have played a different game. 

Some major moments in the game were: Eldrad failing 5 of his 6 tests the first two rounds; 4 failed charges by Striking Scorps; Bloodthirster failing half his charges; and my getting Secure 6, Defend 6, and Secure 6 across the first three turns with my Castigator Camping on obj 6.

Afterwards, I asked him if he felt more confident about facing multiple knights. He said he was, and after the first two turns, he saw the game turn more favorably for him. Admittedly, I was worried he was going to concede by 3.

It was a fun game, and he wants to rematch with a list with "the proper tools." From my perspective, I'm building all comers, so facing a tailored list is....WAAC, it feels like to me. Do others feel like that?

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

He rolled big game hunter turn 5 and 6, scoring 5 or 6 pts there, otherwise would've been my game.

If you roll the same one again, you're supposed to re-roll. It's one of the last bits in the "Generating Tactical Objectives" section on Pg.226. Top of the second column.

• Like 1

I've been a lil off on points. I forget the plastic knights have so many damn weapons.

Getting ready to head to the game store with 3k point list:

540 Knight w Gat Cannon and Battle Cannon

504 Knight with  Battle Cannon Thermal Cannon

500 Castigator

495 Acheron 

621 Lord of Skulls w Skullhurler, Ichor cannon

340 Rage Thirster

Ended up running a dual thermal cannon knight, a choppy knight, Castigator, Acheron, and Lord of Skulls at 2500 vs Tau. He came in at 2300ish. Tactical objectives. He ran something to the effect of:

Coldstar w drones 

Tank Commander in railgun

2 railguns

2 skyrays

2 ion

Stormsurge

Riptide w drones

2 fliers 

He forgot about stim injectors first round of shooting, and Twin Linked Overwatch on the Stormsurge. Not sure it would have made huge difference, but it may have. 

His MvP were the 2 shield drones with the coldstar. They survived two rounds of Lord of skulls shooting at them, and nearly survived tje 14 shots from the Castigator. 

Acheron rolled box cars with its flamer taking out a skyray first turn, helped out a lot on that flank, with the Acheron single handedly taking on half his tanks and the riptide.

Castigator camped on an objective again, scoring almosy half my VPs

He used most of his command points on rerolls. I think I used 2? I need to remember them more. Used one on a save and 1 on a to wound with a Thermal Cannon...that he made his invuln versus.....