I like it well enough, but want the transition between light and dark to be smoother. I feel having a darker metal will help. The inks aren't smooth enough applied with a brush, and I haven't had luck with them through the airbrush. At least not the desired effect. 

It fits in nicely with the rest of the models. I need to finish assembling the rest of its bits and get them painted up to add a bit more color to it. Grav treads will be metal, suprise! Accents will be variety of black and silver. No, or limited brass on this one. Armies main colors are black with red and silver trim. I've been having fun painting the heavy armor red, though. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Playing 3k game this afternoon against Deathguard using those build a game cards. I'm not familiar with them. I'd love to bring just the Knights and LoS, but he has already expressed a lack of desire to play against them, saying it removes strategy for both sides. I disagree, strongly, but said nothing as I'd rather play than try to get people to change their mind through discussion that tends to be fruitless.

He mentioned bringing Morty was a possibility, so I suggested 3k to encourage him to spend the points.

Not sure if I'm bringing Primaris with a couple Knights, or a Chaos Conglomerate. Personal fluffwise, I enjoy the idea of running Imperial vs his DG as a precursor to the corruption of Nurgle entering the Pinkerton ranks. I've only ran a single nurgle daemon engine at this point.  Weee, head fluff. 😃

@Lord Hanaur and others, at 3k, how many Knights do you feel are reasonable in a one off pick up game? What about other LoW (baneblade and variants, demon engines and Primarchs, etc)?

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 8:48 AM, InfestedKerrigan said:

Playing 3k game this afternoon against Deathguard using those build a game cards. I'm not familiar with them. I'd love to bring just the Knights and LoS, but he has already expressed a lack of desire to play against them, saying it removes strategy for both sides. I disagree, strongly, but said nothing as I'd rather play than try to get people to change their mind through discussion that tends to be fruitless.

He mentioned bringing Morty was a possibility, so I suggested 3k to encourage him to spend the points.

Not sure if I'm bringing Primaris with a couple Knights, or a Chaos Conglomerate. Personal fluffwise, I enjoy the idea of running Imperial vs his DG as a precursor to the corruption of Nurgle entering the Pinkerton ranks. I've only ran a single nurgle daemon engine at this point.  Weee, head fluff. 😃

@Lord Hanaur and others, at 3k, how many Knights do you feel are reasonable in a one off pick up game? What about other LoW (baneblade and variants, demon engines and Primarchs, etc)?

I assume you are asking me what a "friendly number" is while still staying competitive?  At 3K, two Knights is probably still "friendly yet competitive" (this on the assumption that you absolutely wish to play Knights).  2 Bane Blades are probably okay too. At 3K, an army dramatically increases its resources to kill those things, but they are STILL going to take a good number of shots to get it done.  So spending 1/3 of your points on them seems a reasonable thing to do for pickup games.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Played 2800 1v1 Pick up game today. I brought 

2 knights

5 plague marines

20 Poxwalkers

Typhus

Guy that rerolls advance

2x 10 Bloodletters

Bloodthirster 

Bloat Drone

3 Helbrute

Demon Prince

He brought 

2 knights

Lord of Contagen

Sorc

Close combat plague marines

2x plague marines

Pox walkers

Helbrute

2 bloat drones

Fun game. He conceded at top of 4th as my pincers started closing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to add an Air Wing. I like the Deathwatch one, the valk is alright, and that is it from GW. I've decided I'm running the Loyalist Pinkertons as Blood angels for a while, little do they realise how afflicted by the call of Khorne they are.  I don't care much for their air options, so aside from FW, any suggestions for Air Floyd?