My opinion of the knights differs slightly from other LRC members - it really depends on what else is in the army. If it is a bunch of bare bones  termagants then I might let it fly - as long as there was a good story and lots of conversions!

but generally I would not be in favour of a multi-Knight list.

Wow I find nothing but cons with this list and lose regularly. It actually is extremely bad. It is a pressure list I guess I'll just start painting my sternguard... Sorry for trying to change the way I play from MSU to expensive rocks.

My vision was to help everyone I played see the weaknesses and the way to beat knights that and a big walker warlord made me giddy... If this is they way things are going when we can plan matches for a weekend I may just have to reconsider this expensive trip.

I'll just play what always do and have boring matches. So far games have been opponent feels very intimidated by big robots flanks big robots and laughs as I am unable to salvage victory from defeat. Fire arcs are so bad on these things it is easy to keep them at bay... Every one realizes even the arms are considered hull mounted right?

• Like 2

You'd have to sway me too.  I get that the list is actually not powerful in practice, but it's a perception thing (as everything is at OFCC).  

I'll go on record as saying that any list with multiple superheavies/gargantuans isn't going to get a pass from me almost by default.

That being said, if you wanted to play that list against me for fun, I wouldn't bat an eye.  I have played against a triple knight list and won handily, the list has EXTREME limitations, which you've alluded to.  

It isn't a question of power, it's a question of feel, and I feel that multiple super heavies don't fit in OFCC.  

I hate being a kill-joy as I can sense you love the list, and I know  you are a gentleman gamer who isn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone, but that's my opinion, and I'm going to stand by it.  

• Like 3

What is OFCC then? Isnt it a event for a bunch of people to get together to play people they don't normally?

It is. And the team event is also an unlimited construction but limited 'power' or limited 'hardness' event. Some lists exceed that* and are better served in the open.

*due to list power, perceived list power and other more grey factors.

• Like 1

So OFCC is banning a codex from competition? That seems a bit harsh.

As for "Moonwalking" them; that comment doesn't assist with discussion IMHO. Seriously, that comment seems like it is meant to troll Knight players more than foster an engaging discussion. Would that mean a tank based IG army has to drive in reverse? That would be just plain silly.

Making such snide comments doesn't put a positive vibe out there for players. There are people that spent a lot of time, money, and energy buying, building, and painting an Imperial Knight army. Griping at them doesn't help foster a positive community. 

Nor does banning the codex from events (And to clarify, I am using "ban" to describe the act of prohibiting army rosters which feature a Household Detachment from the IK codex. This is an important distinction, as this is what separates the IK codex from other codices that feature super-heavy lords of war.). As all this does is create an atmosphere where players dare not get excited about the new hotness, lest it become seen a too "OP" even though it is noted that they are "... scarier on paper than they actually are effective on the board ".

I mean, what is next? No IG tank armies (unless you drive backwards)? No space marine super friends biker armies (unless Salamanders is the only chapter tactic used) ? Only one monstrous creature model for 'nids? No Eldar wraith based armies (And a limit of 2 special weapons per jetbike squad)? Necrons only have an army wide FNP instead of re-animation protocols? 

• Like 1

Just to make this crystal clear, we are discussing a soft, team event at ofcc. There is literally a hard, singles event at the same time at ofcc and a Friday hard doubles (mini team) event that you can go to and play a full knight army or anything else (singles is ITC guidelines, doubles is unrestricted).

This is not about nerfing codexes and that's a way wrong turn on the discussion.

• Like 1