200 hours gone again again

Such good news. Been dying for a legit game to play on the ps4. I can't believe that even with that race to produce the next console, they didn't produce any ps4 games that are worth running on that next gen system. I mean, we've got some counter-strike variants and some mediocre action-rpgs, but nothing like skyrim for the ps4 where I just dump 500 hours into the game and don't regret any of it.

I didn't dig Fallout 3 and didn't try New Vegas because of it.  Here's hoping that they can sell me on this one.

Where did it fail for you?

Main complaint I heard was changing the old turn based RPG into a FPS RPG. That, or people that just didn't enjoy the post-apocalyptic setting. I did also have a few friends who avoided it because there were positive that they'd like it too much to continue working....

I didn't dig Fallout 3 and didn't try New Vegas because of it.  Here's hoping that they can sell me on this one.

New Vegas added a LOT of gameplay functionality. The map was a bit smaller than Fallout 3 but the features added (aim down sights, etc) were well worth it.

I am very excited for this game. I'll probably get it on PS4 first for a playthrough with a high FPS then get it for PC a year or so later for mods. I need to upgrade my PC before it handles a game like this at 60 FPS.

To answer those asking, I am squarely in the group pax identified.  I love the setting and the flavor but am not a fan of the FPS RPG format.  My choice and no knock against the game or the franchise, just not my thing.

ur dum

:tongue:

I am not a FPS guy either, but Fallout 3/Vegas makes it all better.

The last Fallout game I played was Tactics.  It was amazing.

Never got into that one. I played it a few times, but it didn't catch on like fallout 2 did for me. Played fallout 2 so many times. Don't think I ever beat it, but I easily put 200 hours into it and didn't regret it.

I did not.  I played Fallout and Fallout 2.  I played Wasteland and tried to play Wasteland2 but have graphics issues (something about it and my current graphics card are not copacetic) that are as yet unresolved.

I grabbed XCom when a buddy of mine demoed it on Steam for me and have looked at a couple of others that have been mentioned here but have not made time for them.  (I'm in the process of trying to change jobs and expect an offer in the next week but for the last few month I've been incredibly busy.)

• Like 1

Yes, I played a lot of FF Tactics.  Got it for my PS3 a while ago, but couldn't get into it as much.  Backed the KS that was a new tactics games. 

I have heard too many awesome things about Fallout that I'd say no go just because it went to FPS, although I wouldn't play it on a console because of that.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved xcom... Especially the music. :)

Absolutely loved xcom... Especially the music. :)

Lol...Double post with half hour between postings...Or were you saying it twice to echo your opinion?