200 hours gone again again

Hello there,

My son and I were discussing this game, as he and I both enjoyed Fallout 3.

The one downside for me from an RPG point-of-view:  if this is a prequel (which we don't know what it is, we only saw the brief trailer), it kinda lessens my feeling of actually doing something of import... as no matter what you do in game, the bombs still drop and you go into the Vault.

He's hoping for a "literally the bombs just dropped and you got out of the Vault as soon as possible" kind of story.

Stay safe,

don

dalmer, from my understanding the game starts in the day(s) before the bombs fall; this is essentially just the tutorial area where you create your character/learn basic controls. Then the bombs fall, you enter a vault, and re-emerge 200 years later as the lone survivor or your vault (reasons unknown as yet). So as I see the game still takes place during/after events of previous games, there is just a small intro taking place pre-apocalypse.

• 3 weeks later...

The big VATS change we saw in the demo was that time is not paused in VATS anymore ... merely slowed down while in VATS.

My wife is not a fan of Fallout 3 and New Vegas for the sames reason ... she greatly prefers the isometric top-down RPG, rather than FPS.  I didn't mind so much, but I do play FPS games myself.  I will admit that I prefer the isometric top-down view for Fallout rather than the FPS that Bethesda introduced, but not enough to not play Fallout 3 and New Vegas.