Hello All,

I am trying to put a group together to play one of Fantasy Flight Games' Warhammer 40k RPGs (Deathwatch, Only War, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy 1st or 2nd edition, Black Crusade). I am planning for the game to be two Sunday nights a month from 6 or 6:30pm until 10pm. The planned location is the Game Room in Milwaukie. I currently only have myself and one other person interested. I would prefer to be a player, but if needed I will GM the game.

So, is there anyone interested?

Anyway, I have played in a Deathwatch RPG group in the past. It was a neat ruleset, though a bit of an excessive learning curve for an intro to the FF 40k rpg scene (because it's starting with epic level characters).

I could come as far as Guardian Games (or that area) for a RPG group that ends at 10pm on Sundays, but anything beyond that becomes almost impossible to get home after (via public transit).

When and if the milwalkie MAX goes in, I might be able to join your group after it's started.

Besides players, my biggest issue has been finding a location. I would have gone with Guardian Games, but I think they close at 8 pm on sundays, and I can't be there any earlier than 6 pm. If anyone has any other location suggestions, something more central (I am in Troutdale), please let me know.

I could come as far as Guardian Games (or that area) for a RPG group that ends at 10pm on Sundays, but anything beyond that becomes almost impossible to get home after (via public transit).

When and if the milwalkie MAX goes in, I might be able to join your group after it's started.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but when I have gone out to the Game Room in the past I go out I-84 and have driven past Guardian Games. If your interested I could always pick you up there, or Lloyd Center. Same with coming back, I could bring up somewhere where you could catch the Max. If your interested.

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but when I have gone out to the Game Room in the past I go out I-84 and have driven past Guardian Games. If your interested I could always pick you up there, or Lloyd Center. Same with coming back, I could bring up somewhere where you could catch the Max. If your interested.

It's a kind offer, but I really like being within my own power to get home, especially if the event ends at 10pm, as the MAX becomes rather infrequent at that hour. Very easy to get stranded.

Besides players, my biggest issue has been finding a location. I would have gone with Guardian Games, but I think they close at 8 pm on sundays, and I can't be there any earlier than 6 pm. If anyone has any other location suggestions, something more central (I am in Troutdale), please let me know.

Although it doesn't work for me, I suggest you try doing it a Red Castle Games. http://www.redcastlegames.com/ They're open until midnight on Sundays, so you'd have an easy 6 hours of gaming time. They're on Foster and 60-ish street.

I was going there for a while, for 40k. I'd take the MAX+Bus there, then Bicycle back. It was about 4 and a half hours back, but the route was pretty nice at that time of "day" (midnight to 4 in the morning). That said, I had an issue where I got a flat and had to bicycle on a flat for the full distance and that was the end of it.

Humm..I possibly would be interested in this,though the last time I actually RPed in a group other than just a few small sessions with my kids was like 20+ years ago,yeah im kinda old lol.

I live in Oak Grove but didn't know about this game room place you are talking about,looks like its mostly video games?

Also Red Castle has a great gaming space for all types of gaming:).

Anyhow,didnt they just release a 2nd edition of The first game last year?.I don't know anything about the RP system but im totally interested in trying them out.May possibly be able to get my Oldest boy into it too,,though hes an active card flipper and doing pretty well in Standard with that now.

It's a kind offer, but I really like being within my own power to get home, especially if the event ends at 10pm, as the MAX becomes rather infrequent at that hour. Very easy to get stranded.

Although it doesn't work for me, I suggest you try doing it a Red Castle Games. http://www.redcastlegames.com/ They're open until midnight on Sundays, so you'd have an easy 6 hours of gaming time. They're on Foster and 60-ish street.

I was going there for a while, for 40k. I'd take the MAX+Bus there, then Bicycle back. It was about 4 and a half hours back, but the route was pretty nice at that time of "day" (midnight to 4 in the morning). That said, I had an issue where I got a flat and had to bicycle on a flat for the full distance and that was the end of it.

Damn Pax!,,that's some pretty extreme bike riding!

I thought I was hardcore back in the 70`s when I rode my bike daily to Benson HS when I lived down the Street from Franklin HS,That was back when it was NOT cool to ride on the streets in town.

Damn Pax!,,that's some pretty extreme bike riding!

I thought I was hardcore back in the 70`s when I rode my bike daily to Benson HS when I lived down the Street from Franklin HS,That was back when it was NOT cool to ride on the streets in town.

It was not daily, but weekly, and even there, only one-way, so it was attainable.

Thanks again for mentioning Red Castle Games. I went down there today, and will be holding it there.

Yeah, best hours of any store I've found. A good community there, too.

That said, they've got the worst luck regarding theft and accidents.

Humm..I possibly would be interested in this,though the last time I actually RPed in a group other than just a few small sessions with my kids was like 20+ years ago,yeah im kinda old lol.

I live in Oak Grove but didn't know about this game room place you are talking about,looks like its mostly video games?

Also Red Castle has a great gaming space for all types of gaming:).

Anyhow,didnt they just release a 2nd edition of The first game last year?.I don't know anything about the RP system but im totally interested in trying them out.May possibly be able to get my Oldest boy into it too,,though hes an active card flipper and doing pretty well in Standard with that now.

Welcome any interest! FFG did recently come out with a second edition of Dark heresy. I don't mind any of the games, just want to game lol. If you get your oldest interested that would be great as well!

At the moment I m leaning towards Red Castle, only because it is a lot closer for me, but Game Room is still fine. I have been to the Game Room and they do have electronic gaming, but they also hve tables for table top games.

I have gotten the minimum amount of players to make the game a reality. I still have room for a few more players if anyone is interested. Just reply here or send me a PM. The sooner the better, and the sooner you talk to me you will be able to help decide what we play!