Saturday night shananagans

AgentP has developed a pretty wicked awesome PubQuiz for the event.

I fully encourage everyone to spent 2 hours grabbing some food and brews at the area we have designated not 30 feet from the event for the Pub Quiz.

It will be awesome!!!!  Prizes EVERYWHERE

• Like 4

I haven't played KOT, but I assume KoNY is just the same thing with more players. You can do 5 with KoNY.

KoT is up to 6 players.  

King of New York is a standalone game from designer Richard Garfield that keeps the core ideas of King of Tokyo while introducing new ways to play. As in KoT, your goal is to be the first monster to collect 20 victory points (VPs) or to be the last monster standing. On your turn, you roll six dice up to three times, then carry out the actions on those dice. Claws cause damage to other monsters, hearts heal damage to yourself, and energy is stored up so that you can purchase power cards that provide unique effects not available to anyone else.

What's new in King of New York is that you can now try to become a star in the big city; more specifically, you can achieve "Fame", which nets you VPs, but superstar status is fleeting, so enjoy your time in the spotlight.

The game board for King of New York is larger than in KoT with each monster occupying a district in the city and everyone trying to shine in Manhattan. When you attack, you can displace a monster in another district, whether to escape military forces or to find new smashing opportunities. Yes, smashing because you can now destroy buildings and get bonuses for doing so, but the more destruction you cause, the more intense the military response.

The monsters from King of New York can be used in KoT and vice versa, but the power cards are specific to this game.

Chexmix, how competitive are your decks? I would like to play but my decks can't compete with some of the more competitive local crowds. I normally play with three other guys that are content to play with their precons. 

I think he meant he'll have 8 decks and people can use them... but maybe I misread.

I think he meant he'll have 8 decks and people can use them... but maybe I misread.

Yes, this is what I meant. We don't care who plays our decks and are always looking for new players!

I have two very competitive decks but they are easy to play down a bit. Precons can hold their own but will be at a power disadvantage for sure. I just got some revised duals for my main deck so that should tell you how much I've invested, lol.

Ah. I have five decks I've built. My favorite at the moment is Vorel of the Hull Clade. Two of my regular opponents use only precons and one is a former pro tour player that has one nasty take all comers deck. It would be fun to play with someone new.