The Infinity Run

Raindog

You know, I privately questioned the viability of building terrain from dice boxes since who has more than a few lying around. Then I saw your massive stash of them yesterday, and have total faith in this plan. :)

If I was desperate for more, Tap Plastics sells them for a dollar and change.

My first 20 tokens are done. I took clear plastic coins from Tap plastic and used Pentel Roll'N Glue to adhere the card board tokens to the coins. I used clamps to help the process. Each coin costs. 40 cents, so the price is not bad

I need more: Camo Markers, Impetuous, etc. But that will be another day. 

• Like 1

In the hour I had before I had to go back to court, I assembled the structure for the roof the first building. I used thick card and 90 degree card frame trim, so the roof fits on and can be removed for play. I need to add some tile and decoration, and then, I will move to the next room.

I designed the first building, so it can be placed on top of either of the next two buildings I made. That way, the terrain is modular and multi level.

• Like 2

This afternoon, I had a wee bit of time, so I tiled the roof structure and added a little decoration to the roof tops. 

Then, I started the structure to for the roof on the second building. It will be tonight's after work project.

The left over stops will go to walkways or balconies for future two story buildings.

Westrider's bulkheads arrived today, so I have plenty structures for builds.

If you have any spare dice cubes sitting about and want to donate them to a good cause, let me know

• Like 1

It was a good modeling day. I have two roofs done. The buildings stack well. I need more thick card before I put a roof on the largest of the three buildings. 

Then, I built two gantry ways: One long, the other wider. They can connect to the three buildings (or to the tower platform below). 

Finally, I started work on a tower platform. It is two bulkheads tall with small catwalks on the side. I am tiling the top, but ran out of time before bed. 

I hope to have a pictures tomorrow, but if not, I will bring the lot of the projects to WOW on Sunday for people to take a look at…...

• Like 1

Tonight's List: 

logo_51.png Nomads

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_7.png MOBILE BRIGADA MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (39)
logo_25.png REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
logo_18.png REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_1.png ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_1.png ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
logo_1.png ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
logo_1.png ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
logo_3.png HELLCAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (22)
logo_3.png HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (21)

4 SWC | 199 Points

@ Peanut,

Marker does the same thing!

I have learned a few tricks vs your snipers with the Reverend Custodiers... :cool:

@Don't Panic,

Cheep Hackers is the hallmark of the Nomad Nation…... :biggrin: 

Pinned the top of a Zond  to the legs.

Folks, Inifinity models are not plastic. Any part of substance must be pinned.  

Great Night of Infinity: I played Exile. Then, Exile played Don't Panic.

1. Exile learned DA ammo is potent.

2. It looked like Don't Panic had Exile with a Turn One LT kill, but Exile pulled a Rambo and turned the game!

3. My Terrain worked well, but I need at least two more building.

Off to build more terrain!

• Like 1

DP, if you haven't yet, make sure you give Ajax a look. What a scary beast. I faced him last Thursday and he is scary. B4 with those twin-combirifles and effectively 3 wounds, that awesome Phys and Armor and... well... he was just a wrecking ball in our 120 pt Escalation League game that I faced him. I DID manage to kill him... but it was the only figure I killed. :(

aleph has a lot of scary models.  ajax is unfortunately the only scary one i dont own lol.  im just testing things out really right now and see what my style is.  ive seen what works so far though and myrmidons and post human sniper are the ones that have caused the most issues.  ive been resisting bringing the nasty models out of 'not wanting to be a dick' but i think they will see table time soon just cause i want to see what they can do... pheonix seems like a good starting point!

• Like 1

So muskrat and I have played through the first 4 missions of Icestorm, and we're loving the game. We've been playing about 1 game a week. I have yet to play with my models (Yu Jing), as we're following the O:I box missions to a tee to get the best starter experience. Muskrat has 300 of both Nomads and PanO (recommended to expand the O:I box) and over 300+ Morats. Morats were his original main force, but playing through Icestorm, I think he's liking what PanO has to offer. Can't wait to start playing with my YuJing models!

• Like 1

My Noob Finity List:

logo_51.png Nomads

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0

logo_1.png ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)

logo_3.png HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (21)

logo_3.png HELLCAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (22)

logo_25.png REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)

0.5 SWC | 99 Points

Red Castle called. The Intruder HMG I ordered was in. My wife came along. She said it was a nice looking store and was impressed they were playing Dolly Parton. Unfortunately, the old, not new model had been ordered. The store is going to make it right and reorder the model.

I am very pleased. 

• Like 1