The Infinity Run

Raindog

yea looking on the forums and through the faq they dont have spec fire.  unless im totally blind and its hidden somewhere else(both are legitimate lol ).  doesnt mean they are not good cause ARO missiles are NASTY!!!!  now if you have a smart/guided trait, for that you do not need LoF but just to be forward observed!  also something interesting is that if you have a hacker and someone is guiding something you have an automatic ARO of U-Turn that makes it -3 BS(except for assault hackers of course).  considering generally how high the BS is for guided things this is pretty crucial to remember(which i totally did not know last time lol).

Well, this weekend was productive. I am slowly working on painting terrain. Almost everything I have prepped to paint, is done. I have a few layers on two pieces.

My wife asked what color scheme I was going for? I said, "Bright, primary colors. I am going for gun and the opposite of grim, dark."

I have cut, paste, and shrunk various ads, signs, and markers for the different boxes. I must have nine pages worth. Many are an homage to the sci-fi genre.

Next on my plate, are models. I should paint models I use regularly, but I may go the opposite way.

Game night was great. I think we had ten games played overall between Seth, Ian, Pete, Brad, Shane, Evan, Jay, and myself. Next Game Night, I hope to see more players. It would be great to have more Adriana, Combined Army, Tohoa, Etc.....

Evan brought nice terrain that reduced fire lanes from the street level. Evan designed stairs, ladders, and steps to reach the different building levels. The levels created fire zones that quartered the boards, but still left shadow zones on the street.

I played like a muppet. Against Pete, I forgot my robot climbed and did not check ARO zones. Second, we learned after the fact that supportware goes away when the enemy hacker goes down. Everything is so new, it is easy to make mistakes, but is good to play through that situation, so we will both remember it in the future. Pete got a TO model up in high zone, and it was too difficult for me to dislodge him.

I played worse against Evan. I tried spearheading guys pointlessly. I magpies tactics and water models. I forgot I had my total reaction bot next to my hacker, so I could have tried to U-turn missile.

The last game vs. Jay was unique. We played on Evan's table. There might have my 10 shots fired all game. Both Jay and I had several models on higher and higher ground. I put a repeated down next to his Sin Eater with a MK12. Then, I spot light his Sin-Eater. I tried to out shoot the model and lost. Now, I want a Sin Eater. I though a HMG would be the way to go, but a MK12 seems nice. It has a good range band and no SWC cost.

Jay has a very nice painted Bakunin force. It makes me want to paint a few models. 

• Like 2

If you are still new and unsure to something, I would suggest sticking to models and strategies that you are more practiced with, rather than running on a hope and prayer mid tourney.

I have not changed my two lists since this season started, entirely for that reason. Just dont have the time to practice new lists, and paint them up to be ready for ITS. 

Or ya might just be able to pull it off so who knows! hahaha

Thank you and your good wife very much for the dice bag, there is not a more perfect Infinity dice bag to be known~

• Like 1