The Infinity Run

Raindog

This Too @Raindog looks way easy... mixed (if possible) with salt method could be really sweet looking... 

I'm hobby diving for ideas until I figure out what to do with this SAA and I keep coming across stuff that fits with your with your rust idea

I actually might end up doing swamp bases with water effects and everything even though nobody has that kind of table

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, 

This weekend was a blessing. @George celebrated his birthday by having an Infinity Tournament. Shockingly, I was able to attend. Saturday, I headed out, drove three miles only to realize I had left my army home. I drove back and made it to the event. I played always amazing @Gremlin King, James from the Glimpses crew, and @Pyre Warden   I could not have better opponents. @Fate & Fury Games is a great place to play. It is a place you can yell “biscuits, “ and not be scolded. Beer is a plus. Plenty of space to play and it is quiet even with me there. 

I went 2-1 for the win. 

Pyre  Warden beat me by one army point in the last game. 

Red Deck games are super hard. Some games it is better ignoring the classified and using your orders elsewhere.

As missions go, if you think Power Pack is hard, Frostbyte is worse. It is Biotechvore is sheep’s clothing . 

Fate & Fury now has a direct link to Corvus Belli, so I ordered the Dakini SWC box. If the order comes in quickly, it will be my new auto place to buy models. I get to support a local store. The hardest part of playing right now is finding models in stores. This might be the best if both worlds. 

Then, George gave me a monsterously huge birthday present by giving me his Rose City Raid ticket. I cannot thank him enough. 

Sunday, I sat out so @PaladinX and @dataentity could play Frostbyte. It was educational to watch. Joel’s luck was bad. Bermen had a few crushing rolls. 

Sunday Night, I sprayed my army box and fixed a few model issues. 

• Like 4

Last Night, we had a full house for Infinity: four tables of games. 

Joel asked me for a game. Lately, he has been rocking the Caledonians while expressing his interest in Dashat. Tonight, he pulled out the Druze and  we played  in his home table. 

Druze are a hard match up for OSS. They are all veterans and don’t t care about EM Grenades. He has a ton of Hackers, so I can’t get to close with all my Dakinis and FO bots. ARM 3 and BTS 3 make them hard to kill.

I won WIP and went first.

My table side was less than optimal, but at least I could dictate the pace. I ramboed with my FO Proxy killed his Peacemaker and pressed his link. I pressed a console and picked the wrong target. I pinned back his link, but could not do much more.

On Joel’s turn, I got lucky and flash pulsed Scarface on y first ARO, blunting his attack.

Then, we went into an Infowar. Our hackers began to battle each other. He had two Assault Hackers and a Killer Hacker. I had a regular hacker and a Killer. The Killer Hacker killed on assault hacker, but died to Joel’s.   My other hacker Brain Burst one of his. Joel said it was the most hacking he had ever done.

I pressed my FO bots forward to press button and kill the Designated Target and the remaining target as Dart picked apart his link.

Joel tried to press forward with Arslan, Cordelia, and Scarface, but he lacked orders. 

On my last turn, I pinned down Cordelia, so Joel had to use orders to get through a  CSU and Dakini to score points.

I ended with a 6-2 win with 120  VPs to his 110. 

If I had properly played and read the scenario, I would have played more cautiously with the Proxy FO.  He was my Data Tracker and died. The move cost me 3 points and gave Joel one point.  I should have used a Dart from the start to clear the Druze Fireteam and then used an FO Bot to activate consoles. 

My List
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png10  
NETROD . (0 | 4)
CSU Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
DEVA (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 33)
DEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
NAGA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
SHUKRA Lieutenant (Strategos L1) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png4  orden_irregular.png1  
NETROD . (0 | 4)
DALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
 NAGA (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

1) Red Deck Highly Classified is really hard.

2) I missed the double Daleths in my group.

3) I should have followed Exile's example and Civevaced my HVT. 

4) The hacker in Deva was nice, but is not quite worth it. 

5) I prefer the Hacker Mark 1 to the engineer. 

6) It was a great game against @Exile

1) Really, Really hard.

2) Maybe, but I still think you're OK with 1 Daleth 1 Proxy5

3) It would have certainly altered my priorities.

4) The base hacker is ehhhhhhh, the Danavas does her job better.  I was expecting the AHD + Lightning, which discourages many heavy/direct hacking threats to your linkteam

5) You do you

6) It was indeed a great game.  My dice, in that first top half; OOf.  I still worry about the viability of Bolts on a table like what I know I'm going to see, but, I'm able to pick list after table, sooooo.  Still gotta figure out a 2nd list.

• Like 1

Yesterday, I picked up the Beyond Cold Front box and split it with @rudra34   He took the TAK. I added to my OSS. The Rudras gunbot, Shakti, and Aspara area nice set of options especially for a Dakini HMG (for the Aspara ) and the Yadu. 

After game night, I assembled the combi rifle and boarding shotgun Yadu and the Aspara. 

C34D979C-E322-40CA-B33E-5E830268D575.jpeg

FB696908-F04C-4F9F-B86B-721A87FF88C2.jpeg

C7A77356-0BBD-40A7-BDC8-EED28462F54D.jpeg

D95432CD-7422-4502-8B08-8BC2D865E613.jpeg

76F2BD5D-A41B-4BA6-9714-E244244C207D.jpeg

• Like 2

So Sunday, we ran three tables at the club. One day, I hope to have @Sgt. Rock and @Justjokinback, but it has nice to have @Pyre Warden and @Muskrat (Jermey, Brandon, and Nick are all over due on their visits , too). After the dust settled, I matched against @Pyre Warden and his 20 Order TAK  Madness. Yup! 20 orders: 6 dogs, tons of Scouts and Streloks,  a double missiie team of doom, and of course, a spetz. Pyre Warden went first and hounded me with his teams. I went for scoring my classified and failed several important rolls. My warcor shined, literally, with flash pulses. Pyre Warden had three models blinded in the first turn. Then,  I slung my data tracker to kill his Designated target and tied up the objectives on the table. I fed Pyre Warden models and took risks. Most paid off and left and created a few problems for him. On his last turn, he made a few brilliant moves and cleared the table for his Data Tracker Dozer to run the table and kill my Designated target and set it up, so I would have to have more towers at the end of the game to win. At the beginning of my third turn, he had three towers to my one. My Deva raced up and grabbed one from him, so it was 2-2. I broke out my other deva and and on my second to last order, shot his scout guarding a tower twice in the back. Pyre Warden rolled two 17's for armor saves and  failed his guts to fall back. On my last order, I shot again. He rolled a ten, I crited for the win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1