40k Opponent Finder

Seth the Dark

• 1 month later...

Name: Chad (happycamper)

Armies: Orks and Blood Angels

Available: Thursday thru Saturday 

Game Location: where ever, also building a board myself

Preferred Contact Method: PM me

Newbee right now, picked up WH40k again in Novemberand been painting models since as relaxation and eventual plan to play.  Now I'm ready to play.  Been reading the books for years, so I understand the lore.  

Married with a kid, so times can vary 

• 1 month later...

Sorry Aaron, taking yours to modify 

Name: Damion Spearman

Armies: Tau

Available: any days but Fridays and Saturdays just give me a heads up by about a day

Preferred Game Location: Portland Game Store 

Preferred Contact Method: PM here, email, Facebook (Damion Spearman)

Starting up 40K again and haven't played since beginning of 6th.  Looking for mid-power players.  Still assembling my stuff. Yes you can admire the self inflicted battle damage to my suits. 

I am a new Tau player and I have not played in a long time. When I ended it was playing Blood Angels. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Name: Chris

Armies: (Active) Homebrew Space Marines (Ravenguard), 2,000 + pts, Eldar (not gray plastic, still figuring out their details) 2,000 + pts., Imperial soup of Ultramar (it's a fluff army, maybe 2,000 points?). (On deck) a couple of imperial knights, some admech for my fluffy soup army, and a black legion army (thanks, Aaron Dembski-Bowden).       

Preferred Location: N. Portland (Portland Game Store), but I'll travel without complaining. 

Preferred Time: Any afternoon except Tuesday for the foreseeable future.

Contact: PM here or GameFor & we can exchange numbers or something.

Note: I don't have a ton of 8th ed games under my belt & tend to play for cool narrative effect--probably not your ideal GT field test opponent (I only learned what "meta" means in the 40k context about three months ago). I'm also into Kill Team and would LOVE to get into some kind of narrative campaign a la Vigilus or Cities of Death.    

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Name: Trevor

Army: 2000~ points of chaos space marines with knights (in process of painting)

Preferred Location: Portland metro area. I'll travel to anywhere in the area.

Preferred Time: After 3 on weekdays and anytime time on weekends.

• 3 months later...

EDIT: I had covid-19 at the end of February.  So I am not contagious and should be immune to it now.

Name: Jason

Game: Warhammer 40k

Army: 2000 points of Space Marines -  custom Salamander successor chapter

Availability: very flexible

Preferred Location to play: I do not mind going anywhere around Portland-Salem, but I can't host a table at my residence.

I have only played a few games at 1k points or less, but  I am now confident in my recollection of rules, stratagems, Data Sheets.  Looking for more casual oriented games.

• 2 weeks later...

Woodburn?  awesome - I am in Hubbard.  Although, I have not had Covid that I know of.  But when this all is over I have a table and armies to go.  - I am pretty sketchy on the rules - although I have played the latest edition of 40k (ELDAR).  What else do you play?

-don

• 1 month later...

Name: Dustin

Game: Warhammer 40k and AOS (maybe one day)

Army: Death guard in progress/ Orks/badly painted random necrons  and AOS loony gitz (not real sure about that- just a bunch of old models but ya...)

Location: Deer Island, OR (near st helen/vernonia- middle-ish of nowhere)

Availability: Weekend game (if wife approves 😛)

Preferred Location to play: Prefer at a kitchen table but don't have terrain as of yet so... Life (wife, kids, living in woods) makes it difficult to travel far

I am a hobby builder/painter and haven't played in ages (and even than only a few games).  Looking for more casual/learn as I go oriented games.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Name: Patrick

Armies: Toaster lovers (AdMech)

Available: I'm married and have two kids, so availability is varied. But, generally, free on the weekends (all day) and Tuesdays (from noon-evening).

Game Location: Wherever. Also, as long as lockdown/social distancing remains an issue, and temperature permitting, I have a covered patio and table large enough for 2,000 point games (technically it's only 43"). If we get to know each other, I'm even happy to let others use it for games I'm not playing.

New to 9th Edition but I've played prior ones (took a break and got GW-sober, but COVID lockdown pulled me back in). I enjoy the modeling, painting, and playing aspects of the game. Also willing to try out other games/systems.

• Like 3

Name: Gilbert

Armies: Black Templars around 4500 points battle ready.

Available: Not Sunday. Tuesday-Saturday evening all day Monday.

Game Location: I can host in my garage, have a table and terrain, also willing to travel around the Portland area

I am new to 40k and Oregon.  Just started playing recently and I've played mostly against one friend, mainly Necrons. Looking for casual match or narrative / crusade play. Interested in learning how to play against some of the other factions.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Hey all I’ve been out of gaming range for a few years but now have a few armies ready to play. I have fully painted eldar, knights, and nurgle daemons, and Nids. Working on custodes. Also have sons of horus for horus heresy.

any takers in the Portland area?

• Like 1

Name: Jamie

Armies: Blood Angels 2000 points battle ready, and a few more being painted.

Available: Free most days or can make room on the schedule.

Game Location: I can host but don't have terrain yet, willing to travel around the Portland area

I've just finished a little over 2,000 points of Blood Angels and I'm ready to start playing. I've watched a tone of battle reports and have all the rule books, just haven't played yet. If your willing to play a few games and help me learn I'd like to get to playing. I can host, just don't have any terrain built yet.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, Homer said:

Name: Jamie

Armies: Blood Angels 2000 points battle ready, and a few more being painted.

Available: Free most days or can make room on the schedule.

Game Location: I can host but don't have terrain yet, willing to travel around the Portland area

I've just finished a little over 2,000 points of Blood Angels and I'm ready to start playing. I've watched a tone of battle reports and have all the rule books, just haven't played yet. If your willing to play a few games and help me learn I'd like to get to playing. I can host, just don't have any terrain built yet.

I have a table and terrain as well as teach (I am a decent player) let me know 

On 5/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, dorril said:

Hey all I’ve been out of gaming range for a few years but now have a few armies ready to play. I have fully painted eldar, knights, and nurgle daemons. Working on custodes. Also have sons of horus for horus heresy.

any takers in the Portland area?

The club is open tomarrow evening, a few 40k people will be there, would be happy to get some more gamers in.

Name: Ben

Armies: Salamanders 5000pts mostly battle ready, Craftworlds 5000pts all battle ready, Thousand Sons 2500pts enough painted to field a 2k army, and Dark Eldar 2000pts but mostly unpainted (although I’m working on it!) .

Available: I work freelance and am married with a kid so times vary, but Mondays, Tuesdays and weekends are the easiest!

Game Location: I can host. I have a backyard with a custom table I built, plus game mats and terrain but I’m always down to play elsewhere! I just learned about Ordo Fanaticus so I’m looking forward to playing at the gaming club as well.

Preferred Contact Method: email me at benwbach@gmail.com 

I got back into 40k in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus and was able to get in some games at the games workshop store at Eastport plaza before COVID hit. I’ve been jonesing ever since! I like the strategy side of the game and my lists tend to be somewhere between complete fluff and competitive, but what’s most important to me is playing fun games with chill people. Bonus points if you enjoy a cider while gaming :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Name: Shane

Armies: 2000+ fully painted Ultramarines, 2000+ fully painted Necrons

Available: I work a standard M-F 7-4 schedule, evenings and weekends are best for me

Game Location: I can host. I have a table and some terrain I can use along with a battle mat.

Preferred Contact Method: email me at shane.weber86@gmail.com 

I've been collecting since the lockdown and have been looking to actually get some games in.  I think have a fairly strong grasp on the game but also don't have much experience.  I did play heavily back in 4-5 editions.

• Like 1

Name: Sam

Armies: 2000+ painted Blood Angels, 1500 Adeptus Mechanicus(50% painted).

Available: Weekday evenings, Anytime on the weekends.

Location: Inner NE Portland. Willing to travel anywhere in Portland.

Game Location: Can't host yet. Working on it.

Prefered Contact Method: SDenniston80@gmail.com or through the Ordo message board.

I played 8th edition quite a bit. I have 4 9th editions under my belt, and I'm still learning. Beers are welcome, but drink responsibly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrButcherMD said:

Name: Sam

Armies: 2000+ painted Blood Angels, 1500 Adeptus Mechanicus(50% painted).

Available: Weekday evenings, Anytime on the weekends.

Location: Inner NE Portland. Willing to travel anywhere in Portland.

Game Location: Can't host yet. Working on it.

Prefered Contact Method: SDenniston80@gmail.com or through the Ordo message board.

I played 8th edition quite a bit. I have 4 9th editions under my belt, and I'm still learning. Beers are welcome, but drink responsibly.

I can host from my apartment in SE Portland. I do have a Husky who is super friendly.

Name: Aaron

Armies: (10% painted) 5000+ Death Guard, (80% painted) 5000+ Space Wolves.

Available: Weekdays after 5, Anytime on the weekends.

Location: SE Portland. Willing to travel anywhere in Portland.

Game Location: Can Host if you dont mind a cat. Limited terrain. 

Prefered Contact Method:  aaronkrolczyk@gmail.com, fb if im not zucc'd, or through the Ordo message board.

Last played maybe 4th,5th edition. Covid got me back into the hobby. Ive got a dozen or so more 9th editions under my belt now but I'm still learning. I mainly play wolves cuz its what I'm most knowledgeable with. Beers and buds welcome, I dont drink but always have beverages.

Name: Cj

Armies: 3k Necron army, 500p of Space Marines and Sisters 

Availability: Weekends, Random Weeknights 

Game Location: My place, your place, or whatever accessible public location.

Preferred Contact: cameronjomorales@gmail.com or pm me.

New player, just started with 9th edition. Any game type is okay with me, be it fully technical rules//open play or a mix of the two. Would also be interested in narrative play.