Adeptus Titanicus Rumors

Well, sure. If you want to be sensible about it.

Ironically, that’s pretty much how Epic got created in the first place. Big stompy robot game; then add tanks and infantry; then realize the whole mess is too complicated; rewrite the rules to work better with tanks and infantry; and then add the big stompy robots back... Maybe we’ll see a new Epic that skips that awkward middle step.

History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does tend to rhyme.

• 3 weeks later...

https://spruesandbrews.com/2018/11/25/next-weeks-pre-orders-titanicus-blood-bowl-death-necromunda-delaque-and-battleforce-bundles/

Hot on the heels of the brand–new Warlord Battle Titan with Plasma Annihilator and Power Claw come a swathe of new releases for Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy. First up is the mighty Titan Battlegroup boxed set, comprising a Warlord Battle Titan (with volcano cannons), a Reaver Battle Titan and a pair of Warhound Scout Titans. Do you want a pair of Warhounds for free? Well that’s the saving you’ll make with the Titan Battlegroup!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
47 minutes ago, CountElmdor said:

With the new Titanicus starter set coming out tomorrow, is anyone else considering jumping in, or breaking out the god-machines once more?

I’m tempted, but I’d prefer to see them bring back Epic 40,000 as a proper combined arms game. Infantry, tanks, artillery, and giant stompy robots.

• Like 1

I don’t want to play company- or battalion-level games where I need to account for every individual trooper in 32 mm scale. 

Not only can I not afford to collect, paint, and transport 150 Space Marines, I also lack access to a football pitch to use as a playing surface.

Yes, that would certainly make it easier to buy, transport, et cetera. But since the Apocalyse rules are still Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition, you'd still have the problem of needing to handle the movement, LOS, Wounds, and so forth of every individual trooper... Which is tough when they're mounted five men to a strip. 

Changing scales of figures and rules is easy enough, especially if you're willing to fudge things a bit. Going from 1" to 1 cm is close enough to half scale for most gaming purposes (rather than 1.27 cm). The problem is that WH40k still moves individual infantry models as individuals, the whole mechanics of the game are based on that.

I should probably just give up on proper Epic ever making a come back and finally start playing Team Yankee for my micro-armor fix. But there aren't any giant stompy robots in that game... 

7 hours ago, Ish said:

Yes, that would certainly make it easier to buy, transport, et cetera. But since the Apocalyse rules are still Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition, you'd still have the problem of needing to handle the movement, LOS, Wounds, and so forth of every individual trooper... Which is tough when they're mounted five men to a strip. 

Changing scales of figures and rules is easy enough, especially if you're willing to fudge things a bit. Going from 1" to 1 cm is close enough to half scale for most gaming purposes (rather than 1.27 cm). The problem is that WH40k still moves individual infantry models as individuals, the whole mechanics of the game are based on that.

I should probably just give up on proper Epic ever making a come back and finally start playing Team Yankee for my micro-armor fix. But there aren't any giant stompy robots in that game... 

8th ed Apoc actually handles everything on a Unit-by-Unit basis. A Tactical Squad, for instance, has 1 Wound if 5-strong, and 2 Wounds at full size. If it takes 2 Wounds, you pull all 10 of them in one go. Using it for Epic came to mind as soon as I read it.

Ish, the newest Apoc is a different game.  WestRider is dead on. There are no individual troopers, only units.  I've looked into it, it takes a lot of cues from Space Marine and Epic 40,000. 

8 hours ago, Ish said:

Noop.  The Apoc rules are the Apoc rules.  Not 40k 8th Ed. 

5wpk33sxtj631.png

I'd suggest checking out some how to play videos to see the similarities, but...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmy7LkAhrUeAQFPwMnsHN

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ish said:

In my defense, my comment was perfectly accurate to describe four of the five iterations of Apocalypse. I never bothered to read (or even glance at) the current one, since it’s not a gameplay format that I ever really play... 

Ah, you see, that's where you went wrong! Apoc8th is really just Epic28!  Check it out! Everyone gets a turn! Speedy play!