As an aside, I'm open to basing/flock suggestions. I know I need to do it, but don't have a plan. Presently my colors in paint include: Pink/red for flesh, brown-white for bone/armor, blue for energy/veins/brains, and green for eyes/blood/alternate energy color.

Some of these models will be based to incoperate my Consecrators SM models on the same base, like that Muclid spore in earlier posts. Their colors are red and black, with minor silver, brown, and white effects, plus yellow for eyes and energy. Ideally these will be based the same as the tyranids. 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, wow. Need to update.

Not much painting progress. I got distracted. I do have one Haruspex almost completed, but he's been at that stage for a week or two.

Model acquisition progress, though, I do have some progress. Current model count for tyranids (metal models unless noted):

HQ - Hive Tyrant (Scything talons and Rending claws)

Elites - Armorcast Haruspex 1

Elites - Armorcast Haruspex 2

Elites - Zoanathrope (1)

Elites - Venomthropes (2)

Troops - Hormagaunts (37)

Troops - Rippers (8 bases worth)

Troops - Warriors (3, technically I think these are all lictor models, but I want the metal warriors)

Troops - Muclid Spores (2, Plastic)

Fast - Shrikes (3, 2x rending claws and deathspitter, 1x rending claws and barbed strangler)

Fast - Gargoyles (10 or 20)

Fast - Ravener Brood (8)

Fast - Spore Mines (8, or so)

Heavy Support - Armorcast Exorcrine 1

Heavy Support - Armorcast Exorcrine 2

Heavy Support - Armorcast Exorcrine 3

Heavy Support - Carnifex Brood (3)

Heavy Support - Sporocyst 1 (Plastic)

Heavy Support - Sporocyst 2 (Plastic)

Undefined - Armorcast Dactlys (no arms)

Undefined - Armorcast Haruspex (no arms)

I also have many Legion of Everblight Models which, when finished, will at least share the same paint scheme. I will certainly attempt some crossover models. As is, the Hive Tyrant is equipped as an alternate Scythean.

• 3 months later...

Minor update. Finished a Legion of Everblight model using the same paint scheme. The goal, long term, is/was having the two be interchangeable. Base needs work, but sorta screwed up the putty on the base, so I painted over it green to show where the basing will be. WP_20170217_14_55_35_Pro.thumb.jpg.432dbccd2d5df073bbd514890ff8fd37.jpgWP_20170217_14_55_41_Pro.thumb.jpg.e30a59b4cea11d421871618c222408a3.jpgWP_20170217_14_55_47_Pro.thumb.jpg.6a2b9c2ddd1aaa583a49c907cb86a2b9.jpg

• 1 year later...

A warhammer store opened ridiciously close to me (Tanasborne Store). Escalation League tonight, 60 PL. Decided to bring my bugs. I did talk to the staff, they said my old and armorcast are welcome.

Hive Fleet Kronos Battallion

HQ Neruothrope (Warlord, Psychic Scream, Soul Hunger)

HQ Hive Tyrant (Rending Claws, Balethorn Cannon)

Troops Rippers (3)

Troops Rippers (3)

Troops Hormagaunts (10)

Heavy Exocrine

Heavy Exocrine

Heavy Screamer-Killer Brood (3, all with Spore Cysts)

Total is 60PL

1 minute ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

That is a ton of high T wounds for just 60 PL!

It's more like me realizing that that I still haven't addressed my lack of troops tyranids...

Anyway, I'm expecting Knights, which I think this list will have lots of trouble against.

7 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

if you are up against knights, get some crushing claws on those carnifexen.

I wish, these are OOP metal Screamer-killers.

Anyway, I'm thinking I've got a mediocre list, so it shouldn't be an issue. No Tyrant guard, no swift units, at most S7 shooting, and S6 melee. Seems tough, but not unbalanced for 60 PL

Got a game in with the above. Opponent was also tyranids. His was Kraken, with Brood&Swarm lords, genestealers, termagants, warriors and a tyrannofex. Did a single central objective, and it was a pretty good match up. Game ended due the store closing, with my opponent having 2 more models than I next to the central objective, so it was their win. We had fun.

Picked up some Chaos Spawn models to use as both Chaos Spawn and Tyranid Warriors.