Rudra's Super Special Infinity Blog

rudra34

2 hours ago, Exile said:

I think seeing as it is an optional TO's discretion choice mutes it's impact, much like the arrival of 'Just the Tip' last year.  There will be a few months-ish of people trying out the new shiny, then you'll see a balance of SoF and non-SoF events.

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.

Tomorrow's lists, for the lulz.

logo_103.png Pew Pew Robots
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_16.pngBULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
logo_16.pngBULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
logo_23.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 49)
logo_28.pngBLACK FRIAR MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 30)
logo_28.pngBLACK FRIAR (Albedo, Biometric Visor L1) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
logo_12.pngPATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
logo_21.pngMACHINIST (Father-Engineer) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_18.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_20.pngTRAUMA-DOC (Father-Doctor) Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_27.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
logo_1.pngYUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png2  orden_irregular.png3  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
logo_10.pngCATERAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 21)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

logo_103.png Jumpy Shooty

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_11.pngSERAPH Spitfire, Nanopulser + AUXBOT_1 / EXP CCW. (2 | 82)
 sep.giflogo_11.pngAUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
 sep.giflogo_11_2.pngAUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
logo_19.pngMULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
logo_23.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 49)
logo_28.pngBLACK FRIAR MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 30)
logo_15.pngFUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_12.pngPATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
logo_21.pngMACHINIST (Father-Engineer) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_18.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_27.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png1  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Huzzah!  Augmented Pano wins the day!  I had three great games against John, Than, and Andrew, pulling the win out in all of them.   I'll go into more details in a future post, but for now I'll just leave a few thoughts.

-Giving every army access to Yuan-Yuan is a mistake.
-Pano with Yuan-Yuan isn't any more abusive than any other army with MSV2 and smoke, but against 3 opponents with no MSV2 of their own it is disgusting.
-Seraphs are fun on paper until a Speculo Killer crits them with a monofilament weapon.
-Joan is an absolute BEAST and will kill an entire army if unchecked.  After losing the Seraph she killed almost an entire Shas army single-handed, including a Sphinx.

Thanks to all the great peeps who attended, to all my opponents, and to Adam for running the event!

• Like 3

September to dismember games!

Game 1: Frontline against John's Nomads

I got first turn and went with my non-TAG list from above, I believe this was his list:

logo_501.png Nomads

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_22.pngZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
 sep.giflogo_22.pngZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
 sep.giflogo_22_2.pngPI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
logo_34.pngZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_18.pngREAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_33.pngLUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
logo_33.pngLUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
logo_21.pngTRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_21.pngTRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_20.pngMcMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 31)
logo_32.pngTSYKLON Feuerbach, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png2  orden_irregular.png3  orden_impetuosa.png3
logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_35.pngSALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'm sure the groups aren't correct, but this is the gist of it.  

Turn 1: Pano - First thing first, Yuan-yuan come down!  I drop one down on the left and right flanks and a third near my Black Friar sniper.   A cloud of smoke goes down near him and he clears out the Feuerbach.   On the other side of the board my TO sniper reveals and takes out the TR bot, opening that end of the board.  My cateran attempts to take out a Lunokhod, but it makes its armer saves and ducks out of the way.   I put marksmanship on one of the Bulleteers and it goes to town up the right flank of the board taking out a Lunokhod, Transductor, Evo, and Zoe.   

Turn 1: Nomads - Yuan-Yuan come down!   John successfully dropped all of his down on my end of the board, though one got flash pulsed on landing and got stunned.   He coordinated the other two to take out my TO Sniper with chain rifles, but I managed to ARO them both down as well.   John moved up McMurder and took care of the Bulleteer that was up in his grill then attempted to move his bots up my right flank.   My Cateran was a hero, not causing any wounds but failing to be wounded by 4-5 orders of triangulated fire from Pi-Well.  I got through his turn fairly unscathed.  

Turn 2: Pano - My Yuan-Yuan in the backfield moves up and takes out John's remaining Yuan-Yuan, clearing my deployment zone.   My black friar moves along and takes out McMurder, and I take out another bot or two.   Pi-Well is basically impossible for me to get rid of because of my black friars having half a table of terrain in the way, so everyone hold position and Joan, my data tracker, moves forward up the board.  

Turn 2: Nomads - John attempts to move up and get any ground that he can, but I have most of the board pinned down.  I think that's about it for this turn.

Turn 3: Pano - My guys move up and claim the needed parts of the table, Joan tried to take down Pi-Well but gets a wound, goes back to the center to hold ground.   I send in the other Bulleteer and it finishes him off instead.  

Turn 3: Nomads - John is in retreat so the game ends.  I hold all three zones and have my data tracker right where they need to be, 9-0 win for Military Orders.

Coming up next, Military Orders vs. Shasvasti in Deadly Dance!   Stay Tuned!

• Like 2

Game 2: Deadly Dance against Than's Shasvasti!

Than got first turn so I took the side with the giant sniper tower and had him deploy first.  I brought my Seraph list from above, this was his list as I can remember:

logo_603.png Shasvastii Expeditionary Force

orden_regular.png10  
logo_1.pngSEED-SOLDIER Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_5.pngNOCTIFER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
logo_11.pngSPHINX Spitfire, 2 Heavy Flamethrowers / EXP CCW. (2 | 106)
 sep.giflogo_11.pngSCINDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
logo_18.pngIKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
logo_18.pngIKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
logo_10.pngSPECULO KILLER Boarding Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1 | 34)
logo_8.pngSHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_8.pngSHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
logo_8.pngSHROUDED Hacker (EI Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
logo_8.pngSHROUDED Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Turn 1: Shas - Oh hey, a Speculo!   This guy walks up to my Seraph and crits him with monofilament in the second order of the game.  I put the Speculo unconscious, but my main scoring piece for DD is off the board.   Next Than moves the Spinx up and unloads 4 shots into my Black Friar, putting him into an unreachable unconscious state.   Than re-camos the Sphinx and parts him at the objective, places a shrouded into suppression and ends his turn. 

Turn 1: Pano - Hmmm, I need to make up some ground quick!   The Yuan-Yuans come on to the board and cause a tiny big of chaos.   I manage to take down the Spec-firing shrouded, then all of my orders get pumped into Joan.  Joan comes around the corner like an all star and pumps all of my orders into the Sphinx, managing to take off it's final wound with the very last order.  Than still has his quadrant, but our TAGs are both down so he only gets 1 point.  

Turn 2: Shas - Than regroups and shuffles into position.  He brings his Speculo up with it's Automedikit, but I put it right back down with a fusilier shot.  He brings it back up and I miss, so it stays up on the board.  I lose a Yuan-Yuan somehow, can't remember exactly what happened to her.

Turn 2: Pano - I manage to take down a shrouded with intuitive attack from a Yuan-Yuan, another dies from a mine and shots after being forced to climb for it's intuitive attack.  Joan takes off across the board and kills anything with it's head poking out.   She puts down the Speculo, takes out an Ikadron, and makes it almost all the way across the board.   

Turn 3: Shas - With only a few orders and models remaining Than does his best to take out Joan.   She dodges an incredible amount of shots and gets through the turn unscathed. 

Turn 3: Pano - My brave Yuan-Yuan makes some epic armor saves and throws down smoke to cover Joan from extra AROs, getting themselves wounded in their final act of courage.   Joan climbs a nearby building and starts shooting at the last shrouded who is also the data tracker.  After a few rounds she takes a wound but finally puts it down then moves up to claim my classified.   Final score 5-2 win for Military Orders.

This was an insane game that I thought I had lost before my first turn.  Joan single-handedly killed off most of the army and earned me all of my points.

Next Episode: Military Orders vs. Onyx Contact Force in Show of Force!

• Like 2

Game 3: Show of Force against Andrew's Onyx!

I took first turn in this game and set up for some offensive sniping.  I didn't bring the Seraph as even though it could gain me an extra 3 points it is a huge gamble, instead I played it safe with the list I was more comfortable fighting with.  Andrew's list looked something like this:

logo_604.png Onyx Contact Force

orden_regular.png10  
logo_8.pngUMBRA SAMARITAN (EI Assault Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Goodnight) Plasma Carbine, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Vorpal CC Weapon. (0.5 | 43)
logo_10.pngXEODRON Red Fury, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (1 | 59)
 sep.giflogo_10.pngSTALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
logo_10.pngXEODRON MULTI Rifle, Blitzen / Heavy Pistol. (0.5 | 58)
 sep.giflogo_10.pngSTALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
logo_1.pngUNIDRON Plasma Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 24)
logo_1.pngUNIDRON Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
logo_1.pngUNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 16)
logo_1.pngUNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
logo_1.pngUNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
logo_14.pngMED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
logo_20.pngSLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_2.pngNEXUS Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Turn 1: Pano - The Yuan-Yuan drop in and I use the closest one to my Black Friar sniper to lay down some cover smoke.  He has line of fire to both TAGs, and I spend all of my orders in that pool unloading into them.  At the end of the turn one was off the board, the other I just barely managed to put into unconsciousness.   My TO Sniper revealed and took out the Missile Launcher Unidron, making sure to kill it dead so Dr. Worm's bot couldn't bring it back up.

Turn 2: Onyx - Andrew reformed his link with the Nexus in place of the Missile Launcher, and then the Plasma Sniper went for some revenge.   Over a couple of orders he obliterated my Black Friar, Cateran, Warcor, and just barely failed to kill my very lucky Trauma Doc.   He then scooted over and set his sights on my TO sniper who went luck/crit crazy and managed to avoid being wounded.

Turn 2: Pano - I went to work with my TO Sniper dismantling what was left of Andrew's army.  The plasma sniper went down, I put a wound on the Samaritan, took out the Nexus, and killed Dr. Worm (the data tracker) from across the board.  Looking back, I should have spent another order taking out the Samaritan.  I move my Pathfinder bot up to the center antenna, and Joan sticks the Pathfinder, herself, Black Friar, and a Bulleteer into suppression.  

Turn 2: Onyx - Andrew was in LoL, and each of his remaining Unidrons used their orders going after the TO sniper.   One of them fell to sniper fire, but the final one managed to take my sniper out of the game.  

Turn 3: Pano - I got excited about killing the Samaritan and sent a Yuan-Yuan after him.  After a successful engage roll and 2 protheion crits, the Samaritan came back from NWI and gained an additional wound.  I sent a Bulleteer up to do the job, but didn't have the power to quite get the job done.    

Turn 3: Onyx - I was nervous because, even though I had the center objective, it was held by a flimsy 1 wound model, and Andrew had 3 orders and an LT order to spend on the Samaritan.  Luckily, i had a lot of roadblocks for him to get through.  My Bulleteer got hacked and sat there, but it drained a couple orders.  The Samaritan came around a corner where my Black Friar was, and the game ended with them in a shooty-standoff.   The game ends with a 7-0 win for Military orders.

That's it for the event!  I ended with 8 tournament points and 21 objective points, just enough to edge out Adam, who also had 8 tournament points.   

• Like 2

So this league it's going to be all about the Frenchies!   Tonight's scenario was king 'o da hill, and I brought this list:

logo_303.png Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne

orden_regular.png9  
logo_15.pngANACONDA Spitfire + Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / CCW. (2 | 62)
 sep.giflogo_15.pngOPERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (- | 0)
logo_1.pngMÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
logo_1.pngMÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
logo_10.pngDOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_8.pngTRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
logo_8.pngTRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Anaconda did alright, but I was super aggressive with it and lost it fairly early on in both games.   The surprising hammer tonight was the humble link of 3 basic metros who were rolling link kings and took down quite a few enemy models.   In the end I won one and lost one, but had a great time in both games.   

There are a bunch of models I need to pick up to increase the size of my FRRM, but for now I'll be working with what I've got.  Because of that lists will probably follow the same basic structure of the one above until I pick up some more Metros and either Briscards or Loup- Garou.   Depending on the week I can alternate out the Anaconda for Margot and Duroc, but they might be a little much for anything below 200 points.   

• Like 1

Personally, I would take M5 over Annie at low point games (see my OFCC list) because for 62 points, you get one order for Annie, but for 69, you get two in M5. Three, if you count Duroc's impetuous order. Also remember, Duroc gets to use his irregular order when he comes on the board. So really, M5 is pretty order efficient at low games. It gives you two very capable murder machines, instead of just one. Annie's great and all, but I'm pretty much sold on M5 for FRRM.

• Like 1

I'm morally against bring M5 in anything below 250 points :D   Still, they will see the board soon. 

Week 2 list:

orden_regular.png10  
logo_10.pngDOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_8.pngTRAKTOR MUL (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)
logo_4.pngZOUAVE Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle, D.E.P. / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
logo_6.pngMOBLOT (Infiltration) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
logo_6.pngMOBLOT (Infiltration) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)

2.5 SWC | 175 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Half the army starts in the midfield, which partially makes up for the lack of long-range support.  Things I learned:
-Infiltrating Moblots are awesome, but like the rest of the FRRM army they are fragile.  From a shooting stand point they are mini Van Zants with extra weapons, so that can't be discounted.
-Urugan Rocket Launcher is great if you have the points.  This thing isn't going to wow you in every game, but the toolbox it comes with is great.  TR makes it a great back-field defender, spec shot gives you a way to threaten otherwise un-approachable enemies, and burst 3 impact templates is hilarious.  If I had brought it in a list with forward observers than it would have been even better.
-Zouaves are solid, but they cost SWC FOR NO REASON!   Starting halfway up the board with an assault-pistol wielding specialist is great, but the 0.5 SWC tax makes them a pain to fit into lists.
-3 man Metro link continues to kill more than it should be capable of, even when that means critting twice on 1's from all the way across the board.

Thinking of something like this for next week:

orden_regular.png10  
logo_2.pngPARA-COMMANDO HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 31)
logo_22.pngKNAUF MULTI Sniper / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_4.pngZOUAVE Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle, D.E.P. / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_9.png112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
logo_9.png112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)

4 SWC | 199 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I need to see if anyone local has a Knauf laying around that I can pick up, as I'm not sure that I have a suitable substitute to convert.  Leaving him in FRRM was a nice gesture on CB's part, since they will not be updating the rest of the army anytime soon.  He packs a lot of punch and brings something unique to the army.  The Paratrooper HMG is a great piece wether he drops in or not.   For 31 points an HMG-toting model with mimitism isn't a bad deal, and if the board looks right for it then he can walk on and hold down a board edge in suppressive.  

• Like 2