Rudra's Super Special Infinity Blog

rudra34

I haven't, but I've been too busy to be looking!   (P.S. sorry it took so long to respond to your PM!)

After missing a few weeks of the league I will be back this Sunday in a big way with the Frenchies.   The 200 point mark has been passed, so all the cards are on the table as far as list-making.  This is what I'm looking at for next week, though it is subject to change if I can't stop myself from fiddling.

logo_303.png Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_12.pngEQUIPE MIRAGE-5 . (2 | 69)
 sep.giflogo_12.pngMARGOT AP Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (37)
 sep.giflogo_12_2.pngDUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (32)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
logo_7.pngCHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
logo_6.pngMOBLOT (Infiltration) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
logo_6.pngMOBLOT (Infiltration) AP Rifle, Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
logo_1.pngMÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_1.pngMÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_1.pngMÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
logo_13.pngBRIGADIER BRUANT Molotok, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28)

4 SWC | 223 Points

Open in Infinity Army

To build any further I'm going to have to pick up some more models for the faction, but the only place I know of with any FRRM in stock is glimpses.   If I end up in that area this week I'll peruse their selection.

• Like 2

Haven't had much time for painting lately, so I'm thinking of just running Vanilla Ariadna at the Rampage rather than FRRM.   Still, a lot can happen in a month and a half so it's possible I'll change my mind.   

I picked up the USAriadna Airborne Ranger Molotok up at Fate and Fury today, looking forward to getting the model set up and possibly even using it someday!

• Like 1

Back in the saddle!   I played two games last night, 225 against Darren's Steel Phalanx with the list above, and 300 against Seth's Tohaa.

The fight against Darren was long and bloody.   I was lucky enough to get Penthesilea with a mine on turn one, and my guys stayed safe and hidden as the Aleph moved up the board.   Duroc killed a netrod and myrmidon when he came in, but was locked into combat by two others.  In Darren's turn Duroc managed to not only survive 2 rounds of combat, but killed both myrmidons before being shot to death.  The last few turns were mostly a battle between a Moblot and Machaon, who managed to shoot at each other an awful lot with neither going down.  In the last turn was in LoL, but I moved a bunch of peeps over the half line and got Margot on the table and over into Darren's deployment zone.   We both lost tons of models, I was barely able to get the points.

Against Seth I put together this list:

logo_301.png Ariadna

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6  orden_irregular.png3  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_35.pngSCOT (2nd Battalion) (CH: Camouflage) Missile Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 31)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_26.pngCHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_9.pngFOXTROT Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_15.pngASSAULT PACK . (0 | 25)
 sep.giflogo_15.pngHANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
 sep.giflogo_15_2.pngx3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)
logo_41.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
logo_48.pngDESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Heavy Pistols, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 11)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_32.pngEQUIPE MIRAGE-5 . (2 | 69)
 sep.giflogo_32.pngMARGOT AP Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (37)
 sep.giflogo_32_2.pngDUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (32)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngLINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
logo_9.pngFOXTROT Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_4.pngGRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
logo_4.pngGRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
logo_19.pngVOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
logo_48.pngDESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Seth also had roughly 20 orders in his Tohaa list.   We had lots of orders.   Lots of models. 

I got first turn and went to work clearing myself a path up the board.   One grunt infiltrated and took out a couple dudes, but took about 12 shots in return and disappeared.   One foxtrot went shotgunning, had similar results, and was also sacrificed.   Neither of them succeeded at taking out one of 3 Nuerocenetics HMGs, so I tried my luck with the scot's guard.   He was on point today, and managed to take all three of them out single-handedly.   Duroc put a model or two down with spec shots.   Seth took control and brough back 2/3 models with his paramedics (not bad)!   Duroc got deleted, but nothing else really got hurt.   Second turn I ran up a desperado, somehow didn't die, and threw down smoke for Margot to come on the board safely.   She killed a few models with spec shot and got into a safer position.  After that I'm sketchy on the details, but Margot killed a lot in the back field, Seth's dice luck was low, and I pulled the win by having him down to  only a handful of models in a second LoL situation.   

Good games, lots of fun, would do it again.   Now I'm going to sleep, as every muscle in my body hurts.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brought pano tonight with a list similar to what I would have brought for the hacking scenario:

logo_103.png I'm actually 250

orden_regular.png10  
logo_26.pngBROTHER KONSTANTINOS Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_2.pngORDER SERGEANT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_10.pngFATHER-KNIGHT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 50)
logo_24.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 51)
logo_17.pngPEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
 sep.giflogo_17.pngAUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
logo_17.pngPEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
 sep.giflogo_17.pngAUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)

5 SWC | 250 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Jay's list was something like this:

logo_201.png Yu Jing

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  
logo_5.pngYĀN HUǑ Lieutenant Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
logo_25.pngPHEASANT IMPERIAL AGENT (Multispectral Visor L1, Marksmanship LX) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
logo_7.pngDÀOFĚI MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 53)
logo_11.pngGŬILÁNG (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
logo_3.pngTIGER SOLDIER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
logo_1.pngZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
logo_21.pngKEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
logo_21.pngKEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png4
logo_13.pngSHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

4.5 SWC | 249 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I had jay set up first, he took first turn.   He got in minelayer into the box after shooting the door open, got a motorcycle, not much else happened.   In my turn I took out the Daofei and a few monks, but lost my father knight after not seeing some ARO's that he walked into.   Second turn Jay grabbed opened another box, but didn't put any more hurt on my models.  My link team managed to put the HRMC unconscious, take out a few models, and heal the father knight plus put a wound back on joan.   In Jay's final turn he dropped a tiger soldier on my link and i failed miserably to roll, losing bro k, a HRL and a paramedic.   In my final turn I made a run for some points and got  a door open then blasted a scenario piece on Jay's table side with D-charges.  He got the win 7-2.

It was a fun game.  My only nitpick being that the sniper is the only Imperial Agent model that does not have Chain of Command, but we played that it did.   It's fine cause this was a laid back friendly game, but I'd be pretty upset in a tournament.   Just something to keep an eye on in the future :)

Hopefully I'll see you all next week!

• Like 2

On 11/5/2017 at 6:56 PM, rudra34 said:

It was a fun game.  My only nitpick being that the sniper is the only Imperial Agent model that does not have Chain of Command, but we played that it did.   It's fine cause this was a laid back friendly game, but I'd be pretty upset in a tournament.   Just something to keep an eye on in the future :)

Imperial Agents are so steeped in subterfuge that even they lose sight of what's true sometimes!

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, Jay said:

Oops. I didn't catch that in the list builder. Sorry. 

It's all good.  The Imperial Agent profiles suffer from, "I have every skill," disorder, so I don't blame you for missing it :)

Played Scott's Nomads at Fate and Fury for a game of Quadrant Control on Tuesday.   I rolled with the MO pain train:

logo_103.png Military Orders

orden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png3
logo_24.pngJOAN OF ARC Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 51)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 37)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 41)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 32)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 41)
logo_18.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_18.pngPALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_27.pngWARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Scott's list, to the best of my memory:

logo_502.png Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor

orden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  
logo_8.pngGECKO 2 Combi Rifles, Chain-colt, Panzerfaust / . (0 | 53)
 sep.giflogo_8.pngGECKO PILOT 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. ()
logo_8.pngGECKO Mk12, Chain-colt, Blitzen / . (0.5 | 54)
 sep.giflogo_8.pngGECKO PILOT 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. ()
logo_19.pngLUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
logo_19.pngLUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
logo_10.pngMORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_9.pngBANDIT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 28)
logo_23.pngCARLOTA KOWALSKY Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
logo_3.pngWILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
logo_12.pngCLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
logo_20.pngZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_21.pngSALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

2 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

First turn I went after the Gecko's with my link and managed to bring down the combi one after it made an ungodly amount of armor saves.   Scott isolated my HMG in his turn, and made another ungodly amount of armor saves with his second gecko.   Seriously, it took 3 panzerfuasts and a crit missile hit, came away with only taking two wounds.    End of turn one goes to me for having the data tracker in one of my quads, 2-1.   Turn two I sent Joan up to kill things.    She took out a Lunokhod, moran, and took the second gecko out of commission before ending in suppressive fire.   Scott pushed up to take some ground and make attempts on the link.   Link shrugged off pretty well and stayed in the game, aside from the isolated HMG.   He put me in a rough spot with Joan and I chose the wrong ARO, lost her last 2 wounds to some combi shots.   Turn is a tie, 2-2.   Last turn I start off in LoL, make three of the link-team's orders regular with command tokens.   I send the TO sergeant forward and take out the wildcat, but fail multiple times to put down the clockmaker.   I set down a mine and end my turn.   Scott is in LoL as well, and down quite a few models.   His clockmaker manages to get a lunokhod up for his classified, but I take her down in exchange.   His bandit pops up and takes the last wounds of my HMG, and that it's for the game.   I take the last turn 3-1, making the final score of the game 7-4 for Pano.   

This was a great game, and I was surprised by the resiliency of my link and Scott's Geckos.   We both either brought rubber bullets or magical armor.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brought this list against Pete's Aleph tonight:

logo_103.png Military Orders

orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png3
logo_1.pngFUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER Doctor (MediKit) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 41)
logo_4.pngKNIGHT HOSPITALLER HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 41)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Missile Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 32)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
logo_9.pngMAGISTER KNIGHT Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
logo_2.pngSPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_5.pngKNIGHT OF SANTIAGO Spitfire, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1.5 | 44)
logo_5.pngKNIGHT OF SANTIAGO Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 41)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Long story short, I went first and sort of crit-stormed Pete.   Our games always seem to lean heavily one way or the other, and this was just my time.  By the end of my second turn I had unloaded 8 of my 10 models, leaving only my lonely fusilier Lt on the board.   Next time we play, Pete will probably dice so hard that I am physically injured.

Looking forward to the Rampage!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a huge discount on the Tohaa army pack at Fate and Fury, so I decided to pick it up and get started on a new army for 2018.   I don't even have them all assembled, but I picked up some new paints and got a few test models started.   Unfortunately, my phone isn't in the mood to take decent pictures today, but I got some okay pics.   The army is going to be desert wildlife themed, and for once I'll be ordering resin bases to match rather than doing them myself.   I look forward to getting some more work done and then bringing them out for a test run!

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

• Like 3