Welcome to the Bellingham Warhamsters

We have a decent amount of new folks around the shop which may include YOU so I figured it might not be a bad idea to throw out an introductory hello and primer on our local gaming club which you are potentially already a member of.

What are the Bellingham Warhamsters?

The Bellingham Warhamsters started out as a Warhammer Fantasy club in 2007 for the purpose of attending our very first Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge (OFCC). Since then we expanded to include 40k, Malifaux, and then a slew of other game systems which led to us eventually designating ourselves a general gaming club. We congregate on Tuesday nights at Dark Tower Games, go out for beers, hold special events here in town, and occasionally venture out into the wild to tournaments near and far.

I like playing games! How do I get in on this?

The easiest way to start getting games in is probably to just show up on Tuesday night sometime between 6pm - 10pm, find someone playing a game you like, and ask them if they'd like to play you next week! If you're more keen on planning ahead, we also host weekly Game Night threads in the Game Night subforum which are a great way to post that you're looking for a game or respond to someone else looking to start something up.

What kinds of events do you run?

We do an annual gift exchange every holiday season, have run a couple of pub crawls, hosted several games days, a few tournaments, and numerous campaigns throughout the years. Keep an eye on this subforum for posts regarding upcoming events or if you have an idea for an event or campaign you'd like to run, make your own thread about it to see who'd be interested - someone probably is!

What tournaments do you attend?

The big annual tournament that the Warhamsters like to prioritize is the OFCC down in Portland/Vancouver(WA) every year, which is always a good time. Several Warhamsters also venture eastward annually for the DMB Brawl and our X-Wing players are known to travel down to Tacoma for the state Regionals tournament. If you hear of any tournaments going on in the area that you'd like to attend, make a post and see if anyone wants to tag along!

The Warhamsters sound like the coolest people in the universe... how do I join up?

Good news! There really isn't a formal process for being Hamsterized so if you like gaming with us on Tuesdays and tolerate our company outside the game store, we encourage you to take up our banner (we do actually have a banner FYI) and proudly declare yourself a Bellingham Warhamster! We also occasionally do orders for T-Shirts, Hoodies, and other sweet merch so you can show off just how cool you are to all the ladies (or gents) that you're trying to impress.

And that's about that! Keep an eye on this very forum for news about upcoming Warhamsters events you can attend and we hope to keep seeing you down at game night! If you have any questions about the Warhamsters, feel free to respond to this thread or shoot me a PM!

• Like 8

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.